Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 AM

Default "Which" series

I find the word "which" to be very important in rightly dividing the word of truth.

On this thread will be posted some of the blessings I received from my personal Bible study, along with what I learned from some of the teachers of the Word.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-23-2008, 09:21 AM

Default Which "Salvation"?

Peter: SALVATION is in Jerusalem at the end of the Tribulation period

1 Peter 1:5-10
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
KJV

I believe, Peter here could not be writing to the church nor writing about the doctrines of grace to the church. Not only that he is one of the twelve apostles to the twelve tribes of Israel, he was talking of:

1. Salvation to be revealed in the "last time" (at the Second Coming)
2. Salvation of souls at "the end"
3. Salvation which the OT prophets have already known

Acts 2:16-21
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

KJV

Peter preached of the "salvation" that which was spoken by the prophet Joel:

Joel 2:28-32
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

KJV

The "salvation" Peter preached (Acts 2) and wrote (1 Peter 1) is that which was spoken by Joel -- the "deliverance" in Mt.Zion and In Jerusalem at the end of the Tribulation period, at the Second Coming of Christ. This salvation requires some holding on to the end and it deals primarily with Israel.

-----------

Paul: Salvation is ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, in the Age of Grace

Eph 1:13
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

This salvation is said to be "your salvation" in contrast to that which is not "your salvation" (that is, salvation in other dispensations).

Rom 10:8-13
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
KJV

Salvation in the Age of Grace is "nigh thee", not in Mt. Zion nor in Jerusalem; and it is to "whosoever" (no priority to Jews), for there is "no difference".

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2 Cor 6:2
2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

The "salvation" spoken of Paul requires only faith and no holding on to the end. It is already received by believers NOW (Age of Grace).
Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 AM

Default Which "Grace"?

Noah's "Grace": Age of Conscience

Gen 6:8
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
KJV

1. Noah "found" grace by being "a just man and perfect in his generations", and having "walked with God" (works).
2. Noah "found" grace; but grace didn't seek for him while he was yet a sinner (cf. Tit. 2:11; Rom. 5:8).

Peter's "Grace": End of the Tribulation Period, at the Second Coming
1 Peter 1:10-13
10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

1. Was seen by OT prophets (1 Pet. 1:10,12)
2. Preached by eyewitnesses of Christ's earthly ministry (1 Pet. 1:12)
3. Will come and be brought at the Second Coming of Christ (1 Pet. 1:10,13)
4. Will be brought primarily to Israel ("you", 1 Pet. 1:13)
5. Requires works and hoping to the end

----
Paul's "GRACE": Now in the Age of Grace
Eph 3:2-5
2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to youward:
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Titus 2:11
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Eph 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Rom 11:6
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
KJV

1. Was unseen by the OT prophets (Eph. 3:5)
2. Was not preached by anyone before Paul (Eph. 3:2,3)
3. Is now revealed to church apostles and prophets (Eph. 3:5)
4. Has appeared to all men (Tit. 2:11)
5. Requires no works
Old 09-23-2008, 10:13 AM

Default Which "Faith"?

Here, we'll just contrast Peter's mention of "faith" in relation to salvation at the end of the Tribulation period and Paul's usage of "faith" in relation to salvation during the Church Age.

PETER: Salvation is future of faith.

1 Peter 1:7-13

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
KJV

1. This "faith" has to do with the salvation of their souls.
2. The "trial" of their "faith" results in salvation, not in the beginning, but at the "end" -- "at the appearing of Jesus Christ".
3. This "faith" is associated with the prophesied salvation and the coming grace.

PAUL: Salvation is present "through faith" and "by faith".

2 Tim 3:15
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
KJV

Eph 2:8
KJV

Rom 3:22
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
KJV

1. This faith brings salvation now, not at the end.
2. This faith is asssociated with the mystery hidden in ages past (Eph. 3:1-5)
3. This "faith" IS in Christ Jesus and is received by all who believe.
4. This faith is not of ourselves (and not of works, Eph. 3:9) but is a "gift".
Old 09-24-2008, 08:44 AM

Default Which "Church"?

"Church" - a called-out assembly

Church in the Old Testament: Israel called out of Egypt

Acts 7:38
38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
KJV

1. This "church" was "in the wilderness".
2. This "church" was associated with Mt. Sinai and the Ten Commandments.
3. This "church" was associated with the "fathers".

Church in the Age of Grace

1. "Church", which is the Body of Christ.

Eph 1:22-23
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body
, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
KJV

1 Cor 10:32
32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
KJV
Eph 5:30-32
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
KJV
Gal 3:28
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
KJV
1 Cor 12:13
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
KJV
1 Cor 12:27
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
KJV

2. "Church", which is a local church

1 Cor 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
KJV

Col 4:15
15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.
KJV

Church in the Tribulation period

Rev 1:10-11
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
KJV

Rev 1:20
20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
KJV

Rev 2:11
11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
KJV

Rev 2:26
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
KJV
Rev 2:27
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
KJV

Rev 3:5
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
KJV

Rev 3:16
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
KJV

Rev 3:21
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
KJV

1. These "churches" are local churches in Asia "on the Lord's day" (as John was carried "in the Spirit" to that future time called "the day of the Lord" and was told to write to those churches).
2. These "churches" have "angels" (not human pastors) over them.
3. These "churches" have to overcome in order to be saved from "the second death".
4. These "churches" are to keep God's "works to the end" in order to be given "power over the nations", "sit" with Christ on the "throne", and rule with Him with "a rod of iron".
5. These "churches" can be "spued out" of Christ and their names can be "blotted out" from the book of life.

Church in the Kingdom Age

Matt 16:16-19
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
KJV

1. This "church" is built on the "rock" that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the living God".
2. This "church" is associated with the "kingdom of heaven".
3. This "church" WILL be built by Jesus Christ in a future time.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 PM

Default Which "Last Days"?

ISRAEL'S LAST DAYS

Peter's Last Days:
Israel at the end of the Tribulation Period before the Second Coming

Acts 2:16-21
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

KJV

Joel's Last Days (Preached by Peter):

Joel 2:28-32
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

KJV

Jacob's "Last Days" is a prophecy of Israel in their Last Days:

Gen 49:1-2
49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father
KJV

Isaiah's "Last Days" speaks of Israel in the Kingdom Age.

Isa 2:2-3

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
KJV

Micah's "Last Days" (same as prophesied by Isaiah)

Mic 4:1-2
4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
KJV

Hebrews' "Last Days":

Heb 1:2

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
KJV

When Jesus was on earth, it was Israel's last days. When they rejected Him, Peter preached and reaffirmed that it was still their last days. When the Kingdom offer was again rejected, the "last days" of Israel will have to be in the Tribulation period.

James' "last days": it's in line with OT prophecies and Peter's preaching

James 5:3
3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
KJV

Peter's "last days" extend to the burning of heaven and earth.

2 Peter 3:3-4

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
KJV

THE CHURCH'S LAST DAYS
2 Tim 3:1-5
3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
KJV

Close of the Church Age before the Rapture

We are not to be afraid of earthquakes, signs and wonders in heaven and earth.
The last days of the Church is perilous because men shall be lovers of their ownselve, etc.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:02 AM

I found it interesting that Peter quotes Joel in Acts 2 but none of what Joel said ever happened in Acts 2. so by this we know the dispensationis not of Church Age but of the preparation for the Kingdom.

that Age was postponed and now we are in the church Age but this one will soon be over and then those who are here Namely the Jews will see Joel completely fulfilled during the Great Tribulation.

the context of 2Tim 3:1-5 is found in and around those verses. starting in chapter 2 these are Pastoral Episitles mostly this attitude has always been in the world of unsaved, but in the context it is professed Christian men who have become lovers of Selves and find the discription of them in 2Tim3:1-5.

using scripture to support scripture we are told in 2Tim 3:5.. from such turn away, and in 1Cor5:11 that we are not to turn away from those in the world but those who profess to be a brother and are doing such things. even in 2Thess3:14we are to note them and not keep company with them. this is not about men of the world being this way in the last days. 2tim3:1-5 is about professing Christians and thier leaders in the last days For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. and boy do we see this to be true today and you and I have expereinced this of Christians as well.

The world has always been lovers of self and the rest. But the church was to forsake the ways of the world but today they fit thiese scriptures to the tee.

Last edited by chette777; 09-30-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the input, Bro. Chette!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:11 AM

The last days of the church is really perilous - APOSTASY!

2 Tim 3:12-13
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
KJV
Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 AM

Default Which "Gospel"?

This one is another subject that would be too lengthy to post in detail. "Which" gospel in the Bible is for today is a very important question that must be settled by the preacher of the Word.

Gal 1:6-8
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
KJV

1. THE GOSPEL WHICH PAUL PREACHED

1 Cor 15:1-4
15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
KJV

Gal 1:11-12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
KJV

Gal 2:2
2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
KJV

Gal 1:8

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
KJV

Gal 2:6-9
6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
KJV

Col 1:24

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which
was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
KJV

2. ANOTHER GOSPEL, WHICH IS NOT ANOTHER

Matt 24:13-14
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
KJV

Rev 14:6-8

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
KJV

3. ANOTHER GOSPEL, WHICH IS ANY OTHER GOSPEL
2 Cor 11:4

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
KJV