Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:32 PM

Default Lordship Salvation & Matthew 7

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This is the favourite verse of most Lordship Salvationists. I have no idea why!

This verse totally refutes Lordship salvation. The people there acknowledge Jesus is Lord. They probably spent their life in obedience to the Bible, and being good people, but Jesus said "I never knew you". Why? Because they didn't trust him for salvation. They heard the Lordship gospel and believed they had to maintain salvation by works. The will of God regarding salvation is revealed in John

Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

I'm not going to take that chance. I am not going to stand before God and say that I am a "swell guy", and I did a good job of obeying Him. He is the creator of the universe! What could I possibly do to impress God. I tell you what I can do. One thing. Accept His Son. Accepting His Son, and He will love me for eternity! Rejecting, or trying to add anything to His Son's work, and He will hate me for eternity with righteous hatred.

Lordship Salvation is a wicked doctrine. I am ashamed I was involved in it. My participation stemmed from the fact that I wanted to win souls, and Ray Comfort's literature seemed quite good in teaching me how to. However, his false gospel reached into my heart, and made me doubt salvation deeply. Thank God I have rejected that and accept Christ as my only all in all.

God bless
Luke
Old 04-04-2008, 06:00 AM
jerry

These people may have called Jesus "Lord", but it is quite certain they didn't accept Him as their Lord, or live like He was their Lord. Of course, as you have pointed out, that starts with coming to Him His way - ie. receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour, receiving the Gospel.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:49 AM
beloved57

I
Quote:
tell you what I can do. One thing. Accept His Son. Accepting His Son, and He will love me for eternity!
This sounds like boasting to me, what I can do is a boast !!

You dont appear to understand the concept of grace where there is no boasting period..

eph 2:

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

How in the world can something boast about something they had no choice in the matter ? How can someone created boast ? Could adam boast about being created like he had something to with it..can he say oh I accepted God, thats why he created me from dust ?

People who are in christ are created that way by Gods power..

2 cor 5:

17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

man cannot boast about Gods creative Glory..
Old 04-06-2008, 05:59 AM
jerry

I don't see anyone boasting - just declaring a fact. I trusted Christ for salvation. I was lost until I received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:14 AM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I don't see anyone boasting - just declaring a fact. I trusted Christ for salvation. I was lost until I received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour.
You are boasting, I I I.. you are a proud man boasting about your wise decision. You have not one ounce of humility..

paul asked 1 cor 4

7For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it

jerry in his pride will answer I I I made myself to differ. Why, when I was offered a chance at accepting christ, I did that..but the others who refused, why they get what they deserve. i was less sinful than they, I was less in love with world than they, I cooperated with the grace of god more than they, I took advantage of the oppotunity..

You are a proud sinful man..
Old 04-06-2008, 09:28 AM
jerry

No, I am a saved man, trusting in Christ alone for salvation.

You still have not answered how you even know you are saved - because apparently you never made a conscious decision to trust Christ. That certainly makes me wonder!!

Did you not learn anything during your ban for a week? You are still as condescending as you were before.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 AM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
No, I am a saved man, trusting in Christ alone for salvation.

You still have not answered how you even know you are saved - because apparently you never made a conscious decision to trust Christ. That certainly makes me wonder!!

Did you not learn anything during your ban for a week? You are still as condescending as you were before.
I know by faith, faith reveals one salvation to them..

and yes you are a proud man believing you made a difference..

Last edited by beloved57; 04-06-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:03 AM

First the best way to sort out all this mess is to first put things in order. Matthew,Luke, and Mark are Kingdom Gospels. this is why you find inthem things like repent forthe zkingdom of Heaven/God is at hand. this puts them in the dispensation under law because Chrst has yet to go to the cross. the teaching of Matthew seven is a Kingdom Doctrine for a yet future dispensation. Called the Kningdom Dispenation which is 1000 year in length. there will be many who come to give the Lord oblations so not to receive the curse of drought and famine if they of the nations don't come.

hence many call me Lord Lord. some God will allow to do signs and wonders but they are still not obediant to the Lord in their heart. Salvation by works alone in the Kingdom age. They can not have faith in Christ for they will all see him. you can only have faith in that which you cant see.

Faith alon is only for this current age of Grace. in which God is creating his Highest Idea for mankind "Redeemed men and women made into the Image of Christ"

keep you dispensation separate and you can study more easily. It is not the best but One Book Rightly Divided is a good place to start learning how to study dispensationally. Remember dispensationalism is not a doctrine it is a form of Studying the Bible through right Division. 2Tim. 2:15 KJV only by the way preserves that verse.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:34 AM
jerry

There is nothing in the Sermon on the Mount that does not directly apply to this church age - in fact, there are things in that sermon that cannot apply to the Millenium or the Tribulation period. Such as "Thy Kingdom come." Doesn't make sense to pray for something to come after it is already here!!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:59 AM
beloved57

Quote:
I'm not going to take that chance. I am not going to stand before God and say that I am a "swell guy", and I did a good job of obeying Him. He is the creator of the universe! What could I possibly do to impress God. I tell you what I can do. One thing. Accept His Son. Accepting His Son, and He will love me for eternity!
jerry impressed God by accepting jesus christ..way to go jerry, you are a wise man, you knew the right thing to do, way to go man..I am impressed with your discretion and I know God has to be impressed, way to go man..rah rah..