Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:01 PM

Default Where is the "ignore" button on this site?

Scott Simons:--- The Thread Topic is/was "Do we need Greek and Hebrew?" You inserted some other stuff into the Thread. At least two other posters pointed out to you that Thousands/Millions of people have followed Christ Jesus without reading the A.V./K.J.. Instead of you saying "oops", sorry for intruding, and quietly leaving the Thread---you continued on.

I just re-read my Post which you decided to pick apart---Nowhere in that did I claim to "walk-on-water". Nowhere did I say that the A.V./K.J. should NOT be used, and I didn't even mention Billy Graham's Bible. I used him as a illustration of an Evangelist who name is known worldwide, yet his daughter Anne came to Faith in The Lord Jesus by seeing a movie called "King of Kings"...All in order to point out to you (and anyone else reading the thread) that our Lord moves in mysterious ways... { Such as Balaam and the talking Donkey, and Saul on the road to Damascus.}

...What was so hard to understand about that..?!?!

As to the book by Fuller titled "Which Bible" (which I have read and like) ... how would me rereading the book excuse your interupting the Thread started by Atlas on the Topic of "Do we need Greek and Hebrew".?!?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Scott Simons:--- The Thread Topic is/was "Do we need Greek and Hebrew?" You inserted some other stuff into the Thread. At least two other posters pointed out to you that Thousands/Millions of people have followed Christ Jesus without reading the A.V./K.J.. Instead of you saying "oops", sorry for intruding, and quietly leaving the Thread---you continued on.

I just re-read my Post which you decided to pick apart---Nowhere in that did I claim to "walk-on-water". Nowhere did I say that the A.V./K.J. should NOT be used, and I didn't even mention Billy Graham's Bible. I used him as a illustration of an Evangelist who name is known worldwide, yet his daughter Anne came to Faith in The Lord Jesus by seeing a movie called "King of Kings"...All in order to point out to you (and anyone else reading the thread) that our Lord moves in mysterious ways... { Such as Balaam and the talking Donkey, and Saul on the road to Damascus.}

...What was so hard to understand about that..?!?!

As to the book by Fuller titled "Which Bible" (which I have read and like) ... how would me rereading the book excuse your interupting the Thread started by Atlas on the Topic of "Do we need Greek and Hebrew".?!?
It is obvious you have not read the thread all the way through. You jump in and attack me base on your ignorance of what had naturally evolved on a King James Bible site, duh. You make ignorant inferences with subtil injection about Billy Graham I should just ignore it? Dude, this is a forum, if you can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen. You may get away with your attitude at home but you may have to answer for it here. If you think you can read ‘Which Bible” once and have half an idea of what is going on, think again.
And if you got anything of value to add to the discussion please enter in, otherwise I could do without the irritation, thanks.

Oh, by the way “walk on water” is a subtil metaphor for when a judgmental criticism with a dig is injected without any scriptural backing and so thus you don’t know what you are talking about, and so thus you are not walking on water, just how I felt about your rude interjection.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:27 AM

To be honest, I see no real "attitude" from PB's side, in fact I see it from the other side after your last post Scott. But then, thats just my opinion and from previous posts you hold no value to that either.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:00 AM

peopleoftheway:--- Thanks Much!

I thought maybe I needed to buy some new reading glasses...

Problem solved = Went to the member list and found the "Ignore" button.

{Matthew 10:14}
Old 09-30-2008, 11:10 AM

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
I go for that, thanks Brother Tim.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:06 AM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim
Based on my experience with the anti-pure-KJB modern version proponents, they read their versions to say :

If it be possible, lie peacably to all men.

At least, that is the "message" they receive and transmit.

Shalom
Steven
Old 10-01-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Folks,

Based on my experience with the anti-pure-KJB modern version proponents, they read their versions to say :

Shalom
Steven
Very Good Steven, and so true! it is along the similar line of modern versions removal of their "false witness"
The Bible
Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The niv
9The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet,"[a] and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[b]

The nlt
9 For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.”[a] These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b]

The esv (even the most recent bible that claims its translation from the originals and built upon the KJB removes a commandment, quite obviously to ease their conscience)

9For the commandments,(A) "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this wordB) "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Old 10-01-2008, 01:27 PM
adelphos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Folks,

Shalom
Steven
I realize this is a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor but it is sadly true. Just read any number of their books or publications and it becomes painfully evident how much false information is contained therein. Just flip through James White's book and it becomes difficult to find two consecutive pages that don't contain at least one lie or misrepresentation. I think they have told their lies for so many years that even they are starting to believe them.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Scott Simons

Wow, now you guys are talking. Its all lies, and infectous too. They lie to themselves and are lieing to everyone else.
It's to good to call them versions, they preach another Jesus, nearly the same as Mormons. Except Mormons will say they believe their bilbe as far as it is translated correctly, The so called Christian with their version say they will believe anything even if it is translated incorrectly and wrong, I wonder which is better?