Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:13 AM

Default The Judgment Seat Of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Think once again forum If you will on the "FINISHED" work of Christ, when He offered himself "without spot", "without blemish" with no faults, To GOD.

Hebrews 9:13 -14
For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

This is our HOPE for eternity, in nothing BUT the blood of the LORD Jesus Christ. It is in the Light of this sacrifice and the Glorious resurrection, that we stand accepted BY GOD.

Before I go any further, many will look upon the Judgment seat of Christ as a prequisite to Heaven, legalism, those people who cannot look towards the law for salvation as it would clearly be lack of evidence of saving grace. WE, the Church will stand before the Judgment seat of Christ, IN Heaven, IN Glorified Bodies, as unto our LORD and Saviour. This gives and indication that the BEMA is NOT anything to do with Salvation.
Before I go into the next part, I will explain the events towards the BEMA throne, including the translation of the Saints. This is written FOR those who believe in the pre-tribulation translation of the Saints ( I even include Brother Tim into that Group as his mind is open ), it is written for edification and it is written for Comfort that the translation before tribulation is NOT a deception of satan, you have NOT been decieved! Most of all it is written for HOPE

Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

THE TRANSLATION OF THE CHURCH.

1 Thessalonians 4:13
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

We will be raised INCORRUPTIBLE, we shall be changed, immortality will be put on, we shall be changed Like unto the Glorified Body of the LORD apart from His wounds from the Blessed Cross. No more cares of this World, no more sorrows or fears. We will "ever be with the LORD"

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:40
There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

there shall be a distinct "order and rank" when we hear the "shout." 1 Thess. 4:16. The word used here in the original for "shout" is more or less of a commanding shout, as "calling to order and rank" and can be likened to a military shout, or an assembling shout which calls together in perfect formation and order.
Cor. 15:40,41. would preclude the thought of the Judgment Seat of Christ being the place where the order, rank and glory shall be determined. Earth is the place where all this is determined, by the kind of life we live here, all glory to GOD and the good of EACH OTHER and the lost, OR NOT. The Judgment seat will manifest all this in its truth, we shall see a perfect and COMPLETE record of our lives, It is here 2 Cor. 5:10 that the LORD will show us the counsel of our hearts, it is here we shall receive the "things done in the body" "according to that he hath done, whether it be good, or bad, or worthless."
These things without doubt, determine our place, reward and rank in the heavenly kingdom.
Every believer will walk away with Heavenly Praise, there will be loss, loss of rewards, loss of rank, but EVERY believer will walk away with praise.
1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

In Finishing up may I add something that troubled me from another post, regarding "the day of the LORD".
At the BEMA Throne their will be no tears, for In Heaven we will not know sorrow nor will we know fear. Rev 21:4 has been used to suggest that this is at the BEMA throne
Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

This has to do with the Day Of The LORD (On earth) that will have passed away, merged into that eternal state where Heaven and Earth shall be in complete unison and a state of perfection.The Millennium is not heaven and all of these shall even be on earth during the thousand years of the Day of the Lord

THE DAY OF CHRIST (heavenly), THE DAY OF THE LORD (earthly) and THE DAY OF GOD (eternal). The Day of Christ, beginning with the Judgment Seat of Christ after the translation of the saints, that is, the First Resurrection, goes on into eternity as a heavenly day. The Marriage Supper of the Lamb follows the Judgment Seat, then the Manifestation with Christ follows that, as in Rev. 19 etc.

When Christ comes FOR His Body, His feet will not Touch this earth, When Christ comes WITH his Saints His feet will Touch The Mount Of Olives.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-29-2008, 01:03 PM

Hello, Brother. When I read your post, I am once again directed by the Holy Spirit to ask "how" we live a life that pleases the Lord. Since I'm going to stand before Him and be accountable for my works, what should I be doing? I'm sure others on this forum have asked the same thing.

"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences" (2 Corinthians 5:11).

How do we live a life that is pleasing to the Lord? I do not mean to place everyone in my nice little box of spiritual reference and assume everyone else should be like I am. But I've discovered some freeing truths that I believe will encourage others in their walk with Christ.

Through the years of my Christian life, I've been exposed to various methods, programs, and disciplines that claim to promote and produce holy living. I'm certainly not opposed to methods, programs, or disciplines, but I have learned the secret to living the Christian life centers on trusting not trying.

"(For we walk by faith, not by sight)" (2 Corinthians 5:7).

In addition, I have discovered that loving the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ, has been the greatest source of power in my life.

"For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again" (2 Corinthians 5:14-15).

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him" (John 14:21).

So I ask, knowing we will all appear before the BEMA seat of Christ, have we left our first love?

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Hebrews 13:8).
Old 09-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Amen Brother Forrest!
If I may, I would like to share something that followed this post. As I was writing and praying that it would be a blessing for someone, anyone I felt stirred up in my own heart to visit a Church a few miles away from me, not that far. I have been lacking in one area of my Christian life and that was the fellowship of a Bible Believing Church, with a Pastor that preached the "Truth"
and a congregation that read from "the word of God" the KJB.
When I got to the Church (Baptist), my Mother and myself were greeted with great friendliness and my Mother happened upon some old friends, good start!
The Music was old time Hymns with some discreet musical accompaniment, I'm getting warmer !
The Pastor opened His Bible after some messages and prayers, and Pointed to Matthew 25........And Hallelujah Praise the LORD what followed was an old style Bible believing Sermon, delivered with conviction sweat, tears, all the things that worried me that I might find in the Church, such as Liberalism, ecumenism, modern versions, compromise, were refuted by the Preacher, I was smiling the whole sermon while the preacher confirmed all my fears on what doctrine they held to and what Bible, it was the LORD speaking to my heart and answering all my recent prayers with His Holy Words and his chosen vessel! I have found fellowship of fellow Bible Believers who Believe in the pre-tribualtion, pre-millennial return of our LORD.
Praise the LORD!
Amen.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
When I got to the Church (Baptist), my Mother and myself were greeted with great friendliness and my Mother happened upon some old friends, good start!

The Music was old time Hymns with some discreet musical accompaniment, I'm getting warmer ! The Pastor opened His Bible after some messages and prayers, and Pointed to Matthew 25........And Hallelujah Praise the LORD what followed was an old style Bible believing Sermon...I have found fellowship of fellow Bible Believers who Believe in the pre-tribualtion, pre-millennial return of our LORD.
Praise the LORD!
Amen.
That's great, brother. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:03 AM

We should obey our parents ^_^ I know that this is well pleasing to the Lord. Hahaha. Sorry, I just had to.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 10-06-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Hello, Brother. When I read your post, I am once again directed by the Holy Spirit to ask "how" we live a life that pleases the Lord. Since I'm going to stand before Him and be accountable for my works, what should I be doing? I'm sure others on this forum have asked the same thing.

"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences" (2 Corinthians 5:11).

How do we live a life that is pleasing to the Lord? .

Here is some sound advice I was given for starters to lead a life pleasing to the Lord.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

1 Thessalonians 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:43 PM

I agree with you, by all means we should,

Quote:
Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

1 Thessalonians 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
But as I attempted to convey in my first post, I think if we will specifically walk in Christ, by the Spirit, through the Word, it's all covered. Don't you?

"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving" (Colossians 2:6-7).

For me, true practical victory occurred over sin (by no means am I claiming "sinless" perfection) when Jesus Christ became my all in all, my joy, my life. Not only my everlasting life, but daily life. For me, after all these years, discipline, duty, drive, or devotion did not bring success. Loving Jesus Christ has. I have discovered the more I know Him, the more I love Him.

I suppose each of us need to have our own Mount of Transfiguration experience.

“And after six days Jesus ta-keth Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, and was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only” (Matthew 17:1–8).

No man except Jesus! What are we doing to bring completeness or satisfaction to our Christian life? What spiritual activity do we perform in order to please God? What teaching are we holding on to that keeps us in the rut of self-determination and self-will, resulting in self-glory? This ought to be our passion: Only Jesus! Only Jesus! Only Jesus!

Therefore, my encouragement to all of us is to keep, "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).
Old 10-06-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:

But as I attempted to convey in my first post, I think if we will specifically walk in Christ, by the Spirit, through the Word, it's all covered. Don't you?

"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving" (Colossians 2:6-7).

For me, true practical victory occurred over sin (by no means am I claiming "sinless" perfection) when Jesus Christ became my all in all, my joy, my life. Not only my everlasting life, but daily life. For me, after all these years, discipline, duty, drive, or devotion did not bring success. Loving Jesus Christ has. I have discovered the more I know Him, the more I love Him.

“And after six days Jesus ta-keth Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, and was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only” (Matthew 17:1–8).

No man except Jesus! What are we doing to bring completeness or satisfaction to our Christian life? What spiritual activity do we perform in order to please God? What teaching are we holding on to that keeps us in the rut of self-determination and self-will, resulting in self-glory? This ought to be our passion: Only Jesus! Only Jesus! Only Jesus!

Therefore, my encouragement to all of us is to keep, "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).

Quote:

How do we live a life that is pleasing to the Lord?
Amen!

Either these questions are rhetorical, or you have just ably and wisely answered your own questions!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I second that Amen!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:

AMEN!

Peace and Love,
Stephen