Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 PM

Brother Winman,

I think your post has a very interesting perspective. S-H-J representing the triune parts of man, and Christ as a man becoming a servant thus identifying Himself with those in the most humble circumstances, even that of Canaan, Ham's youngest son.

I wouldn't be surprised if all three lines were represented at the cross as you propose. There was a large Jewish settlement in Cyrene and Simon was probably a Jew come to Jerusalem for the Passover but still, I think there is something there. There are Ethiopian and other non-European Jews living in Israel today.

Proverbs 17:2 A wise servant shall have rule over a son that causeth shame, and shall have part of the inheritance among the brethren.

Jennifer

Last edited by greenbear; 07-10-2009 at 09:05 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-10-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
The plain "black and white" of the Scriptures, that is, the simple, clear words, do no such thing!
I agree. Many members of my family have been "servants" of General Motors, none were ever beaten for being late for work. None were ever whipped with a bullwhip for being sick and missing work. None were ever killed if they left GM, and none were dragged behind a moving pickup truck for once being a GM "servant". many will say I am drawing an "unfair analogy" here. Get married in America, get a "mortgage" and pay back 3 times what you borrow, fight with schools, "health plans", state, local, and federal "governments" to hold onto a fraction of what you earn, live in a country where you don't own the clothes on your back because the IRS does,(stop paying your "property taxes" and find out who really owns your home), talk to a million people who work at McDonalds and can;t afford to eat at McDonalds, tell them they are not slaves and you might get a McMilkshake in the face.

Eph. 6:8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

Col 4:1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

No curse to be a servant was placed on "the descendants of Ham", the curse was on Canaan's descendants, that they would serve the children of Israel, and the prophecy never came to pass, instead of making the Canaanites servants, Israel adopted their culture and religion.

It never ceases to amaze me that folks stand united when it comes to the Deity of Christ, His sacrifice for sins, the inspiration and primacy of the King James Bible, and when the topic of dispensational truth, the errors of denominational traditions, and the true place of the Negro race in the scheme of things, then people are stricken just as dumb as a sack of untuned banjos.

Grace and peace friends

Tony
Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 PM

Call me esoteric if you will but I believe the Bible is simple enough for a child to understand but so deep that I believe we will study it for all eternity without plumbing the depths of it.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
I respect Dr. Ruckman. Is it okay for me to do that, Tony?

It was a blessing to travel to MD two nights last month and hear him preach again. I forgot how funny he was when preaching. He preached "A Great Woman" and "W.A.T.C.H." to whom it may concern.
Amen brother!
As I mentioned on another thread, Brother Ruckman is still preaching with great power, truth and yes—humor! If you have never heard Dr. Ruckman preach a sermon in person, rattling off huge portions of scripture from memory while creating one of his 8 foot long full color chalk drawings YOU ARE MISSING A GREAT BLESSING. I have never heard a man teach the Bible like Bro. Ruckman, he has stood as a warrior for the KJV (with no apologies to any scholar or school) longer than many have been alive, and he's been a great blessing to me over the years. In my experience, when Ruckman preaches he captures the entire audience no matter the age, every person in the building is absolutely enthralled by the message from God's Word, it's peculiar—he delivers the message with authority like only a small handful of men I have seen over the years. He is getting old but still looks great, and with his hand to hand combat training I'm sure he could easily kill me with a spoon or his finger nail. If you have to travel a little and get a hotel room to hear him preach, do it... it's worth it. I encourage everyone to experience some of his services in person before Dr. Pete goes home to be with the Lord... here is his schedule:

July 11-12, 2009
Atauga Heights Baptist Church
1393 Highway 31-N
Prattville, AL 36067
Pastor Mike Matheny
(334) 322-3222

August 7-9, 2009
Bible Believer's
Baptist Church
3857 Hartley Road
Jacksonville, FL 32223
Pastor David Peacock
(904) 260-8370
Old 07-11-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
We were prevented bodily from getting within proximity of Dr. Ruckman by "Dr." Estep and two young men who were bodybuilders, Ruckman's bodyguards. When I made the statement to the men and women with me that let's not waste anymore time and head for the street ministry, one of the young men made an obscene remark I won;t repeat for the sake of the women in this forum. I won't repeat it for the sake of the men, either.
This is so weird,

there was a poster last year who had made this exact same claim and stated the same story almost word for word.

I think that poster was banned for either being a sophist arguer or a Bible corrector.

or was it "Just a Thought" who shared that same story?

Does any one else remember who it was who shared that same story. the other poster I think posted the comment the Bodybuilder made though.

Last edited by chette777; 07-11-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Bro. Parrish

Chette,
I was wondering, have you ever met Bro. Ruckman or been to one of his services?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:09 AM

C'mon guys! There are a dozen threads on the forum where Dr.Ruckman can be discussed.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Bro. Parrish

Sorry Tim, don't mean to hijack but I was talking to Chette. See I have met Bro. Ruckman, and I have seen him preach many times, in many different churches in different cities all over the place going back well over 25 years. And I have never even once seen him use "body guards."
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 AM

Boy, I think people completely misunderstood what I was saying.

I agree 100%, that the curse was on Canaan.

That said, in the history of man, those peoples who could be traced with accuracy to either Shem, Ham, or Japheth do seem to have certain characteristics. This is not saying anything detrimental whatsoever about any family. All are equally important and have made significant contributions to mankind.

The descendents of Shem have generally been religious or spiritual types. The great religions of the world for the most part originated with these people.

The descendents of Ham have been people "of the earth" to a degree. They were not so interested in religion, or even science. They are the doers. They invent practical solutions to practical problems. So, as I showed in my post, they developed machines, tools, ships, medicines, domesticated animals for use and much more.

Those of Japheth have been the thinkers. Not spiritual thinkers, but philosophy and science. The Greeks are a great example. They have been important in law and government.

Now, these are all general statements, but I believe there is much truth in them. Of course there are exceptions to this general observation. And as time has passed all the families of man have mixed and clear distinctions can no longer be made.

But in no way am I saying anything derogatory about any people. All have made important contributions to mankind. As a man is not complete without spirit, body, and soul, mankind needs these three types to be successful.

The article also pointed out that the Gospel also went out in order to the Shemites (the Jews), the Hamites (the Ethopian eunuch), and Japhethites (Cornelius).

Yes, I know the scriptures do not say these things directly. But scriptures can say many things indirectly that are still true.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

When Jesus said this, there were no NT scriptures. In the OT there are no direct scriptures which tell us distinctly about Jesus. But the story is there. When Abraham was ordered to sacrifice his son Isaac, when Abraham said;

Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

This was the scriptures testifying about Jesus. But it was indirect.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Forum Administrator

Gee, how nice, another thread turned into a debate over Ruckman.

Well, at least this proves this isn't a "Ruckmanite" forum. There's at least a silver lining...