Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Foley, where do you "know for a fact" that the Bible is supposed to be in the "language of the ay" as you put it? The King James Bible is written in Biblical English....meaning that the British d not speak in the same way as it is written in the King James Bible.
In the Old Testament, the (pure) words of scriptures written in Hebrew were in Biblical Hebrew....and Koine Greek......biblical Greek.....

54 translators were involved in the translation of the King James Bible. They were originally divided into 3 teams of 18...but they ecided to cut it down to 6 teams of 9.....
mind you, these were the multi-lingual, theological masters/pators of England at the time....surely yu do not believe that you, one man, who is susceptible to human bias unchecked by brethren, could bring us this revelation from God that we haven't had ever, but suddenly, you will show us the way! You will bring us 95 percent of God's Word.

What have I been reading all this time?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
LIVNBYFAITH

Default Hahhh!!!

Hey, I think this is "god of this world inspired" Good luck trying to be a scholar! Man it would SCARE ME SORE TO BE YOU!!! Have fun but I will stick with something that CHRIST was involved in Not YOU!

PS i will pray for you....
Old 02-28-2008, 10:39 PM
foley

gee, you guys, with the self righteous nonchalent attitude thats going on towards me i am not suprsised. It just serves to prove that what i am doing is of God. Was William Tyndales version good enough. Well the king james scholars certainly deemed it good enough to leave 90% of it in.
The innerant word of God has been preserved in the Greek for men to make a translation out of, and the majority texts certainly hold the most credibility, but i'm not sure whether i should carry on explaining my point of view seeing as you are all knashing your teeth at me like the Pharisee's did to Paul the apostle. Gods own people killed his only son because they had become "know it all self righteous pigheaded blind fools" and the way you are treating me is very similar, so lay off, as i am doing a work of god and you are judging it ahead of time. as proverbs says; he who judges a matter before hes seen and heard it fully, it is a shame and a folly unto him.
In fact the truth is judging by you vicious sarcastic attitudes, is that you all are operating out of the spirit of error and influenced by the God of this world in your dealings with me.I doubt one of you is a REAL christian, and if you are then your certainly not showing it.

Last edited by foley; 02-28-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
before hes seen and heard it fully
Proverbs doesn't say that.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:43 PM
LIVNBYFAITH

Default ????

Who's Got This One???
Old 02-28-2008, 10:50 PM
jblm1611

My God is spelled with a capital "G" not a lower case "g" I'm here to take a stand for my Saviour Jesus Christ and when the Word is being attacked then your attacking the very One who died for us all.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So if your god ( lower case ) has given you some divine revelation then you might want to try the spirits to see which one you are listening to.

1 John 4:1 Beloved believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:54 PM
LIVNBYFAITH

Default Proverbs

Hey Proverbs DOES SAY THIS...

Prov: 1-7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but FOOLS despise wisdom and instruction.

And lastly for me this...

Prov: 1-10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

I was enticed to respond to your thread, But God's word tells me to NOT consent..... so good luck...
Old 02-28-2008, 11:39 PM
lei-kjvonly

Amen Living by Faith! I'm not going to argue with you about any of this foley, because obviously your not open to the truth anyway. And don't play MR. SPIRITUAL by making it sound like we're persecuting you for "His names sake." You came to us with a BOLD spirit and a bold spirit you'll get in return. So don't walk away shocked. You have BOLDLY contradicted and blasphemed our doctrine so I'll finish by letting scripture speak for itself.

Act 13:44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
Act 13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
Act 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

A bold spirit requires a bold spirit!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:10 AM
jerry

It is sad that folly is determined to correct the Bible - and he can't even type right without countless spelling errors and grammatical blunders on a message board. I would hate to see his so-called "corrected" Bible...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
The 21st Century King James is already trademarked by KJ21 Publishers, so your new "almost God's word" translation will have to get a new title.
Perhaps the New King James Version? The Modern King James Version?

It's also sad that it's getting so hard for the hundreds of people writing a version that's better than all the others to come up with a unique name.