Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2009, 11:50 AM

Default Joined together or Yoked together

Guys,(includes gals)

Time to back off and leave off. We have reached the point of contention. Our Lord is the only one that can can convience and convict in the above matter. What say we let The Lord rule and put this thread to rest?

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

1 Corinthians 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

If we need to contend, Let us contend for the faith.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

There are many guest on this forrum, some of whom may not be saved. we are not presenting a very good christian testimony.

You can say I am picking out verses if you like, but boy it sure fits!

May Our Lord grant each of us the peace and understanding of His written word.

Renee