Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 AM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union
Default Czech KJB

My sister is currently in Prague, and I am interested in getting the KJB that is the equivalent of the KJB (like the Reina Valera in Spanish, Luther's Bible in German). Does anybody know anything? Thank you.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-23-2008, 12:08 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

If anybody can tell me anything about the Kralice Bible (Bible kralická), I would be grateful.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:08 AM

Default Czech (Kralice) Bible

Hi there Paladin. After reading your post I got out my new catalog from the T.B.S. and looked,,,but, alas they list no Czech (Kralice) Bible.

I'll post the website address for them and you can contact them via telephone/fax/e-mail as they have several offices.

www.trinitarianbiblesociety.org U.S.A. office phone is (616) 735-3695

They have several foriegn language Bibles/N.T.s which use the same texts as our A.V.-K.J.V. Give them a call and maybe they know something that will help you.

----- ---- ---- ------ ------ ------- ------ ----- ---- ------

Whilst "Googling" around I found this site that you can look at. Maybe (if you or she has a printer and lots of paper- you can print the Kralice/Kralicka Bible from 1579-93. Looks like it was the first Bible in the Czech language.

http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~michal/Kr/

Also Search/look under BIBLI SVATA
Old 07-25-2008, 07:29 AM

BPS lists accurate translation in Czech.

http://www.bpsmilford.org/languages.html
Old 08-01-2008, 09:11 PM

I have found a few different languages translations of the KJB. there is only a few minor problems. where the greek is often transliterated into english they will often times translate the word into Thai, Korean and tagalog. I bet they have done the same with the Czech version as well. Our new translation work of the KJB we are working on we have taken those back and transliterated them into the language as they were in the English. this better represents the preserved text. seeing I have never ever seen an original Old or New Testament document only copies but I believe that preserved text needs to be maintained.

Words like Rabbi are not always translated teacher, Hellenist is not always a Jew born in greece, and Ghenna(sp?) is not always the pit, or hades but translated Hell also.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:24 AM
sting of truth

Cool

you might wanna check on d.a. waite's website biblefortoday.org i'm sure he can help you out