Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:05 PM
evstevemd

Default Witness to Mormons and SDAs

Let's help one another How to and experience in
Witnessing to Mormons and SDA cults to bring them
to Jesus the son of God!
Highly appreciate your points
Ev. Steve
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-23-2008, 09:23 PM
fundy

Hi evstevemd,

Correct me if I am wrong, but in previous posts you have declared a beleif in that a person can lose their salvation if they do not do the will of God.

This is only one step away from the doctrine held by the cults you mentioned, that being that a person must work to get salvation and continue to work in order to keep it.

This is not a side issue, or non-important topic that Christians can agree to dis-agree on.

In my opinion,this issue of eternal security ranks up there in importance with the identity of Jesus Christ as God in the flesh.

When you find yourself AGREEING with the cult member on this point ( AND YOU WILL) he will have the ability to say "hey, we are not that different after all"

You MUST get this doctrine of eternal security straight before you can possibly say to a cult member " you have NOTHING that I need, and this Book has EVERYTHING that you need"

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

fUNDY
Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 AM

Fundy,

I think you may be correct with your post.

Atlas
Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 AM

Yeah. Other than the Deity of Christ, eternal security or salvation is a very important issue.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 AM
evstevemd

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
Hi evstevemd,

Correct me if I am wrong, but in previous posts you have declared a beleif in that a person can lose their salvation if they do not do the will of God.

fUNDY
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

So here to be saved it takes confession and believe in heart right?

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

No man can buy salvation through good works, right?

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We were created to do good works! only freed by Jesus can do this for are not servants of sin right?

1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Self explanatory

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

What if you are led by fleshly sinful life then you are son of......??

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Walking in sin makes you loose what the lord has done in you, and Go back to the devil! I mean as long as you yield to God's Holy Spirit, He will teach you to live godly life and prompt you for repentance whenever you fall in sin!
what I plainly mean is: If you are born again and you go back to your sin life, then you are no different from non believer at all.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

So don't think you have eternal security if you are planning to sin! God will forgive us every confessed sin! Just let us be honest.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Don't hesitate to ask me for any ambiguity!

Ev. Steve
Old 03-24-2008, 04:24 PM
fundy

estevemd,

You are in a habit of taking scripture and twisting it to make it apply to a pr-conceived doctrine. After going to a link that you recommended on another thread, ( eternal security page 2)I can see where you are learning to do this. I have transposed the answer I gave you there over to this post as I believe that it adequately adresses the issue.

.......A good example of this is this quote from the editor of the web site that you recommend:

QUOTE "Doesn't the Scripture say that if we keep on confessing Christ as Lord and believe God raised Him from the dead, we will be saved?"

No, it does not say that!! the language of the Bible clearly indicates that this is a one off event...nowhere are we told to "keep on confessing" in order to be saved.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

You view of salvation is tainted by a false gospel

Fundy

Last edited by fundy; 03-24-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:19 AM

evstevemd,

I am going to tell you what I have told others. Go find someone lost and try to get them saved. Jesus worked on the lost and never spent much time on the religious folks.

You also need to learn how you are kept saved.

Atlas