Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:00 PM
ericwgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Eric,

No you proved my point. You do not care enough about your family and friend to stop them from being deceived. You care enough about strangers to stop them from being deceived by Jack Chick tracts. I find this odd don't you?

Where is your reply to my post? Is my post not true? Did Jesus not take a " bold stand " opposed to false teachers? he he not who you wish to b? Did he let his family and friends be deceived without saying anything about the false teachers?

Atlas
Atlas - This thread is about the KJB not my personal position in ministry at the moment. I have yet to level such personal charges against anyone here because I do not know you personally. If you knew me personally and my relationship to my church and pastor I can assure you that you would not level such charges against me. Stick with the topic.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-23-2008, 02:01 PM

Eric,

Quote:

" It is our conviction that the post-tribulational, pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ is clearly revealed in the inspired Word of God "
You say their is an " inspired Word of God. "

Do you have a copy of " the inspired Word of God ?"

A very simple question.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 09-23-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 PM

Eric,

Quote:
Atlas - This thread is about the KJB not my personal position in ministry at the moment. I have yet to level such personal charges against anyone here because I do not know you personally. If you knew me personally and my relationship to my church and pastor I can assure you that you would not level such charges against me. Stick with the topic.
the topic is the Bible. The topic of the Bible is Jesus. Jesus and what he did is never off topic. Being saved from sin is never off topic. Not committing sin is never off topic in the Bible.

The topic is you not caring about you family and friends enough to stand against false teachers. Jesus always did this, isn't this true? You can find this topic in any Bible any translation. The topic is all about not telling lies. You can also find this topic in any translation of the Bible.

Email me and I'll give you my phone number and I'll be more than happy to tell you the truth on the phone.

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
ericwgreene

Quote:
You say their is an " inspired Word of God. "

Do you have a copy of " the inspired Word of God ?"

A very simple question.
The Bible was inspired in the original languages. Focusing on the New Testament, today we have thousands of manuscript copies of the originals. The copies are both in Greek and many other languages. When those copies are compared/contrasted a critical Greek New Testament is compiled to be 99.5% accurate with no challenges to orthodoxy and only one possible challenge to orthopraxy (I believe it has to do with fasting).

I know this answer will not be sufficient to pass the test of your question, but it is the answer I have for you. If I am incorrect on anything I said, I am but a man and I do err.

Last edited by ericwgreene; 09-23-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM
ericwgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Eric,

the topic is the Bible. The topic of the Bible is Jesus. Jesus and what he did is never off topic. Being saved from sin is never off topic. Not committing sin is never off topic in the Bible.

The topic is you not caring about you family and friends enough to stand against false teachers. Jesus always did this, isn't this true? You can find this topic in any Bible any translation. The topic is all about not telling lies. You can also find this topic in any translation of the Bible.

Email me and I'll give you my phone number and I'll be more than happy to tell you the truth on the phone.

Atlas

I'll do you one better... 434-509-6890... Text me your number...

I will be on the road for three hours tonight... I will gladly speak to you as I drive...

Last edited by ericwgreene; 09-23-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:17 PM

Eric, I answered your original question with a public testimony of how God, by the Holy Spirit, through the Word (in the KJB), bore witness (as fact and reality) with my spirit (inner man of spiritual understanding), on page 1. As a child of GOD, through Jesus Christ, that's the "proof" I receive and accept by faith.

Does the Holy Spirit bear witness with your spirit that you are the child of God? If not, be saved. If so, how does He do it?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 PM
ericwgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Eric, I answered your original question with a public testimony of how God, by the Holy Spirit, through the Word (in the KJB), bore witness (as fact and reality) with my spirit (inner man of spiritual understanding), on page 1. As a child of GOD, through Jesus Christ, that's the "proof" I receive and accept by faith.

Does the Holy Spirit bear witness with your spirit that you are the child of God? If not, be saved. If so, how does He do it?
Forrest... hey buddy, open a new thread...
Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 PM

Eric,

I see you can not say yes or no. Yet you have lied in a past post.

" It is our conviction that the post-tribulational, pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ is clearly revealed in the inspired Word of God "

Now we are back to the issue of telling lies again.

Dose this man have " the inspired Word of God " or do you?

At some point you must have read " the inspired Word of God " according to your post.

The Bible was inspired in the original languages.

So if Paul had a Greek N.T. he did not have the inspired Word of God did he? the " original languages " of the O.T. were Hebrew were they not?

Why are you letting so many people in your church be deceived this false teaching of this Ruckmanite? Would Jesus do this if he was at your church, or would he stand against this false teaching? This is just one more simple Bible question. Give me some Bible for this if you will.

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 02:26 PM

Eric,

You are not worth the dime it takes to call you. I can not text on a biz phone. Email me like I said and I'll send you my number. Also my phone is a business phone, and I can not justify making and long distance call on a biz line for personal calls. This would be a lie to the IRS. I try not to lie, it is a sin. You now the Bibles stand on telling lies I'm sure.

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 02:29 PM
ericwgreene

Atlas - why are you such a jerk? A heated discussion, passionate defense of ones views, pointed arguments... are one thing... But this hatred that pours from you is hardly Christ-like. Luke, peopleoftheway, Brother Tim, Forrest are examples you should follow. The only one acting like a jerk on this board is you.