Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:22 PM

I have to get off the computer, maybe others can take over.

But it is not I that says you must have the Word of God to have faith, the Bible itself says that. Not only must you HAVE it, you must also BELIEVE it.

Now, I'm not saying you are a believer or not, only God knows that. But the Bible says you must hear the Word of God to have faith. And if you do not have the Word of God you cannot have faith.

And that makes perfect sense. If you do not know in your heart that the Bible is true, then surely you cannot have faith and trust in it. If you don't know which words are God's or man's, how can you trust it?

I am glad I have the infallible Word of God that I can put my complete trust in.

Wish I could continue, really have to go, but perhaps I will be back tomorrow. Others can answer your questions.

Nice talking to you (and I really mean that).
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
By your reasoning, only those saved under the KJV are saved. Is that right? I was saved w/ the KJV. I don't use it anymore (rarely to be accurate). Did I lose my salvation? Or was I never actually saved? Is faith in the KJVO doctrine part of the Gospel? Serious questions.
No one is saying that the KJB is the only Bible people can get saved from, the "simple" truth is one can get saved from a Gospel tract, no one is saying that modern versions don't contain the words of God, they just don't contain all the words of God. They are leavened with Greek philosophy and roman catholic teaching and the sound of a cash registers "ching ching"
Let me get this right out of the way and brushed out the door, not one person on this site worth his salt is saying the KJB is a requirement for salvation, this is an appalling misconception modern version advocates will bring up to make Bible believers look cultist.
We simply trust and believe that God has preserved his words (all of them) without error in English in one Book, the KJB, nothing more, nothing less.
Shame you cannot hold one Book up in the air and claim the same.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Pro 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Uhh....

Stop arguing about Iron. You are all wrong. It's a proverb.

Iron is Iron. There were not "saints" when this was written, and the word of God is not in context.

As a proverb, it could be used in any situation as a likeness.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
If you do not then...

Just curious about the constituancy of the forum and how non-KJVO's are treated.
Tim, I'd suggest you contact the webmaster for any particular questions. I am what is known in IFB circles as a "dry cleaner", I didn't come here to preach or make converts to the Grace Movement and answer question son that topic where they are posed to me. I am "KJO" and in spite of my differences with most the people on this forum, they have been perfect gentlemen and ladies to me and have treated me in a polite and Godly manner I do not think could be surpassed. Contact Brandon Staggs is my advice.

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I would not agree. Translations might be deficient in the translational philosophy and lose the message. Not a fan. But faithful translations to the HOT & GNT are the Word of God, in my opinion. What we might disagree on is the complete Word of God.
Tim, nowhere in the Scriptures is the issue of "faithful translations" addressed.

2Co 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

Ac 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

1Co 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

The sign gifts of Mark 16 are given to witness to unbelieving Israel, to Jews who do not understand the language of the speaker(the disciple, apostle, whoever is witnessing to them) and not for believers. This verse above has the same application in that speaking in German to English-speakers is just as forbidden. Rome broke this rule in keeping the Scriptures in Latin, when most of Europe and the rest of their pashaliks spoke the native tongues.

The doctors and professors within Christianity is also breaking that commandment in trying to place the "HOT" and "GNT" as being more authoritative than the English Scriptures the average, common English speaking Christian has in his hands. The Scriptures are not to be locked away in seminaries and institutions of higher learning to be autopsied but in the field in the hands of the average Christian. Transferring authority to a myriad of texts merely creates a priestclass of scholars, in the Age of Grace, the Church Age today, there are NO priests.

We view the KJV as given by inspiration based on the internal evidence found within it:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Ro 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

As Paul said, we receive this as the word of God, "all the counsel of God", and do not make that determination via ,manuscript evidence since that was settled and determined in 1611 without any Catholic interference with exception of a few dozen barrels of gunpowder. We receive the KJV as the word of God becasue it works effectually in us and in others.

I believe that might be a good primer in explaining the "KJVO" belief on the Scriptures in English.

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 05-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman
Do you have all the faithful (and how do you determine that?) translations to the HOT & GNT? In other words, do you have and possess the complete Word of God yourself?
Quote:
I don't have ALL reliable translations. I'm too poor
Greektim, do you think that in order to for a man to have the complete Word of God he would need multiple translations?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 AM

Bro. Parish, I liked that thing about Sneaky Bible Deniers!

I would say that the intrinsic problem with others is that they are Parroting Bible Deniers. “The KJB is not perfect, because, look, everyone says so, and those who say otherwise are unscholarly.”

What I really want to see is people are Unwilling Bible Deniers who come to understand the truth, and are wanting to conform to God’s true and pure Word, the King James Bible.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
Bro. Parish, I liked that thing about Sneaky Bible Deniers!

I would say that the intrinsic problem with others is that they are Parroting Bible Deniers. “The KJB is not perfect, because, look, everyone says so, and those who say otherwise are unscholarly.”

What I really want to see is people are Unwilling Bible Deniers who come to understand the truth, and are wanting to conform to God’s true and pure Word, the King James Bible.
Good points brother!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:08 PM

Greektim

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. As others said, I am not saying you can only be saved through the KJV. A person could be saved from a Bible tract, or listening to preaching.

But when I asked how can you have faith, I meant exactly that. In your own words you implied the KJV is not reliable. Well, what is the definition of the word reliable? It means something that can be trusted, something faithful, something someone can believe in. By your own words you do not believe the KJV to be reliable. So by your own words you do not have faith in the KJV.

And that is the problem with you folks that claim the Word of God is here, there, and everywhere... everywhere but in one complete book. You don't know where the true Word of God is, so you cannot have faith.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

The Bible says (not me) that without faith it is impossible to please God. For you must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now read that last part carefully, "that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him". Do you understand what that means? God is telling you that you can find him if you seek him.

But the Bible correctors and deniers do not believe this. They are not really completely sure where the Word of God is. They do not believe that one can truly find God's infallible Word. They have no faith.

What you need to do is believe God's promise that he would preserve his word and that you can find him, and quit listening to the doubters.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
No one is saying that the KJB is the only Bible people can get saved from, the "simple" truth is one can get saved from a Gospel tract, no one is saying that modern versions don't contain the words of God, they just don't contain all the words of God. They are leavened with Greek philosophy and roman catholic teaching and the sound of a cash registers "ching ching"
Let me get this right out of the way and brushed out the door, not one person on this site worth his salt is saying the KJB is a requirement for salvation, this is an appalling misconception modern version advocates will bring up to make Bible believers look cultist.
We simply trust and believe that God has preserved his words (all of them) without error in English in one Book, the KJB, nothing more, nothing less.
Shame you cannot hold one Book up in the air and claim the same.
Acts 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

I agree. The vast majority of members of this forum hold to the belief that God provided in 1611 through King James what's in the verse above, the whole counsel of God, not bits and fragments here and there in this text and manuscript or that payrus fragment or Vaticanus. A very good test for authenticity of any bible or manuscript or text is the reading of the next verse in Acts, verse 28 and whether it's been altered to hide the doctrine that God purchased the Church with His own blood, pointing to the Deity of Christ, the number one corruption category among the texts, manuscripts, and versions.

Grace and peace friends.

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 05-07-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: typo