Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 AM

Default An Important Link

http://www.biblefacts.org/church/pdf...0Vaticanus.pdf

The above link is to a copy of the New Testament from Codex Vaticanus. This is a very good copy, I saw several rather degraded photocopies taken from this one back in the late 80s-early 90s. If you go to page 70 in Adobe .PDF reader, you will see the gap at the end of Mark chapter 16. This .pdf file is 16 megabytes long, oif you are on dialup as I am, it will take a while.

So, now you have a chance to have free on your computer the "original" manuscript many "christians" point to as their "authority"! Don;t bother to look for Hebrews 10, where is stated that Christ suffered ONCE for sins(rather than the several millions times a day through the "Mass"), it was mysteriously ripped out!

!!!

Grace and peace!

Tony!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 PM

It took me a few seconds to download it, I'm on a 7 meg DSL. Now if I just can learn to read Greek, or whatever it is ??.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
It took me a few seconds to download it, I'm on a 7 meg DSL. Now if I just can learn to read Greek, or whatever it is ??.

Thanks.
It's written in Cllassical, or Attic, Greek, not Koine', the street Greek. I understand W&H and others retranslated it over to Koine' for the various text editions.

All the letters are run in together with no separation, guess they figgered you were smart enough to pick out the words.

Well, that is what all the fuss is about and now you have your own copy of the "original"

Grace and Peace Samuel,

Tony
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Bro. Parrish

Ahhh yes, the celebrated VATICANUS...
of course we know what comes in VATS, and we know what comes in CANS.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:07 AM

What were all those strange markings in the columns? Especially near the gap of Mark 16?

I saw images of Siniaticus with all of its corrective obelilsks and write-overs, which looked horrible and were obvious attempts at tampering. But what about those strange symbols in Vatincanus? They're everywhere! What do they mean?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:12 AM

It is where the priests/scribes were keeping track of their indulgence credits.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:20 AM

Vaticanus omits Genesis 1:1 - Genesis 46:28, Psalms 106 - 138, Matthew
16:2,3; Romans 16:24; the Pauline Epistles; Revelation; and
everything in Hebrews after 9:14

Now I wonder why the Catholics would possibly want to remove revelation?

may I just add that the Pastorial epistles of Paul are removed. For obvious reason by The Catholic Church

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 04-16-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Vaticanus omits Genesis 1:1 - Genesis 46:28, Psalms 106 - 138, Matthew
16:2,3; Romans 16:24; the Pauline Epistles; Revelation; and
everything in Hebrews after 9:14

Now I wonder why the Catholics would possibly want to remove revelation?

may I just add that the Pastorial epistles of Paul are removed. For obvious reason by The Catholic Church
It may be the same reasons they add the Epistle Of Barnabas to the Alexandrian text, that teaches baptismal regeneration, and why Maccabees is in the Od Testament, that teaches prayer for the dead, but you have to put the REST of the Apocrypha in with it to hide the obvious fact. It's the same reason this cult has to prohibit divorce and even the most basic birth control as abstinence: if you have no inspired Scripture to make converts, you have to keep membership multi-generational and convert people at gun and knifepoint or kill them if they won't convert. If it's not expedient to kill them, then just blend their paganism in with your own and conflate a new and regional theology, just as Mexican Catholicism, Vietnamese Catholicism, and Philippine Catholicism are different systems.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 04-16-2009, 04:40 PM

I cannot just download the PDF file on my computer, but I know this is one of the works of Eusebius, the other one of Sinaiticus. Concerning the Scripture/s, I agree what Peopleoftheway said, Eusebius questioned the authenticity of James, 2 Peter, 2 and 3 John, and the book of Jude. Emperor Constantine had to order him produce fifty (50) copies of Bible and have to be written on a prepared parchment in a legible manner.

Jude 25
Old 04-16-2009, 04:56 PM

I'm downloading it now and it seems to take about 7 minutes to download.
Thanks for the link!