Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:49 AM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia
Translation: we don't want any of our comments to be challenged in this forum. We have the sneaking feeling that our arguments have holes in them, and it makes us uncomfortable when someone points them out to us. So, go away and let us pat ourselves on the back for our mindless drivel, or we will attack you as a Bible-hater and cast aspersions on your state of grace.
Translation of "solabiblia".

I lurk in the background, not really offering much constructive to the discussion, looking hard for pot shots and traps. When they don't get anywhere I show my nature of animus - actually I came on the forum as a bit of a shill, and despise the authority and beauty and majesty of the King James Bible. I figure if I only harshly accuse the Bible defenders, and not the pure Bible directly, I may fly under the radar. With this post, I forgot and ran right into the radar.

Shalom,
Steven Avery
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-26-2009, 06:50 AM

re: Solabiblia

That's quite uncalled for. You know that this is a KJB forum, just like the Puritan Board is Calvinist, etc. Therefore, debate will always be limited in various places in respect to various views. That has nothing to do with the attitudes or reactions of some individuals, or the smears made against them by others.

What are these "holes" which you allude to, anyway? I suggest that whatever "holes" you think exist in a proper view of the exclusive use of the Authorized Version, that they could be answered simply by properly understanding the Authorized Version and the proper view of it. (Of course, we would have to know what you think these "holes" are, and then you will see whether or not the points that you might raise would actually make a person such as myself uncomfortable.)
Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia View Post
Translation: we don't want any of our comments to be challenged in this forum. We have the sneaking feeling that our arguments have holes in them, and it makes us uncomfortable when someone points them out to us. So, go away and let us pat ourselves on the back for our mindless drivel, or we will attack you as a Bible-hater and cast aspersions on your state of grace.
Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Read, & gain understanding >>> http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/kjvdefns.htm
Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Are you giving a New International Translation of my Authorized statement?

As I understand it, this forum has this same purpose:
The primary purpose of AV1611.Com is to provide material in defense of God’s word in the English language: the King James Bible. The King James Bible Page is a repository of articles on the Bible version issue. These forums are for discussion of this and other topics of interest to Christians...
Genuine and honest questions are always welcome...

So it is clear, this forum exists with the idea of providing material "in defense" of the KJV. There are forums out there "in attack" against the KJV for its critics.

So far, no new "hole" has ever been brought up by any visiting critic. I suggest they read first before posting to see whether their "holes" have been dealt with or not, and whether there were really any "hole" or not.

Well, this is just "my opinion" only. I'm not talking about who should join and not join or how should anyone join. I'm saying that critics are just right here in my neighborhood (literally, no private interpretation), and they use the same arguments (like many do in this forum) that have been already thoroughly dealt with for decades.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 AM

Default Re: "Are only KJO saved?"

Quote:
"Translation: we don't want any of our comments to be challenged in this forum. We have the sneaking feeling that our arguments have holes in them, and it makes us uncomfortable when someone points them out to us. So, go away and let us pat ourselves on the back for our mindless drivel, or we will attack you as a Bible-hater and cast aspersions on your state of grace."
solabiblia?

What is your problem? Look at your Forum "handle" - "solabiblia" (an oxymoron - since you don't have a SOLO BIBLE! As a matter of fact you have no idea WHERE the BIBLE is; or WHAT the BIBLE is!)

Would you please give us "your definition" of the Holy Bible (In a hundred words or less)?

Your comment: "Translation: we don't want any of our comments to be challenged in this forum." cannot pass the "taste test". Look at the numerical statistics for the AV1611 Bible Forums (to date):

FORUM SUBJECTS: -------------------NUMBER OF THREADS ------------- NUMBER OF POSTS

Bible Versions .......................................... 219 ........................................ 4,479

Bible Studies ........................................... 147 ........................................ 2,492

Doctrine ................................................. 144 ........................................ 3,825

Current Events ........................................ 144 ........................................ 1,259

General Chit-Chat .................................... 195 ........................................ 2,728

TOTAL .................................................. 849 ...................................... 14,783

Now let's see - you said:"Translation: we don't want any of our comments to be challenged in this forum." But does that square with the FACTS listed above? I trow not! There are approximately 849 THREADS on this Forum, with nearly 15,000 Posts (i.e. "comments") and you don't "think" that "we don't want any of our comments to be challenged in this forum."!

Can't you see or understand that there are PLENTY of "comments" (pro & con) on practically any subject listed in the 849 THREADS. Now you may disagree (which is your privilege) with the comments; and you may not "LIKE" the way some of us express ourselves (which is just too bad ); but I doubt that you will find many other "Bible" Forums that are as "tolerant" of "Trolls" and "Naysayers" as the AV1611 Bible Forums.

Nay say all you want, but if you want your comments or opinions to be taken seriously - then back up what you say with FACTS (Like I have just done in regards to your "comments"), and try to be civil.

False charges and accusations are for liars and hypocrites; and name calling is for children. What's it going to be? Are you going to Post something of substance, or you going to "lurk" behind the scenes and continue to "snipe" at a likely "target" with your snide, disparaging, and slanderous remarks aimed at the brethren {genuine BIBLE believers}? Hmmm?

Now "solabiblia" you don't know "biblestudent" {brother Sammy Tabuena - Iloilo, Philippines}, who you insulted, but I have known him for about a year now. Brother Sammy is a gentle young man (pastor), with a heart for the Lord, His word, and His people. I don't think he is used to the "American Way" of insulting and malicious comments. (Generally speaking - the Filipino people are not proud and arrogant like we Americans are. I should know - I have been married to a Filipina woman for nearly 48 years now!)

You and your fellow skeptics and naysayers come here and stir up a hornets nest and when your insults get to the point where you are banned, or you leave of your own accord (because you can't stand the heat), don't be surprised or feel hurt. When you stir up a hornests nest, your bound to get "stung".

Psalms 101:5 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.

Psalms 138:6
Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Mindless drivel?
Sadly, looking back over your massive collection of 8 posts, I can see nothing BUT mindless drivel.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 PM

Tmonk and solabiblia, how does believing in a lying, impotent God work for you? Can you trust Him for anything? Does He actually keep ANY of His promises to you?

See, my God is fully capable of keeping every promise that He made, including those that you discount. I'll keep my God: you can have yours.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:46 PM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
Mindless drivel? Sadly, looking back over your massive collection of 8 posts, I can see nothing BUT mindless drivel.
"SolaBiblia" (so far he writes as Nola Biblia) actually asked me a reasonable question about Rashi and Psalm 12 (the fact that Sola was quickly given a quick loud hurrah to the question by a banned member elsewhere is one reason why I think Sola may be a shill).

Note, however, I appreciated the question (oops, what happenned to "we don't want any challenges"). And when I went into Rashi and Psalm 12 in depth, in three separate posts, and showed that Rashi had been misrepresented by Kutilek and was quite interesting ... not a peep, not even an acknowledgment that his question was addressed, much less a thank-you.

So after that the invective above was no surprise. Those bound by spiritual principalities to fight the pure Bible often put on a nice pasty-face when they first address the forum, later the ugliness comes out. That is how I see this "Sola".

Shalom,
Steven