Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:55 AM

Moving on...

I believe Estep is wrong here on the same basis that almost everybody's system fails. The "tribulation" is only for 42 months or 3 1/2 years. Calling Daniel's 70th week (7 years) the "Tribulation Period" and noting the "last half" as "The Great Tribulation" is private interpretation at best. The scriptural evidence for a future 7 year period is based solely upon the intricate wording of Daniel 9.

However, the book of Revelation repeatedly yields one number (in various forms) for the "time of Jacob's trouble" - 3 1/2 years. This mysterious "first half of the week" (typically taught as a time of peace between the Jew and the Antichrist) is nowhere to be expounded upon within the scriptures, or is it?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM

I have from time to time, looked for a support in the scriptures for 84 months of Tribulation. Other than the popularized Daniel 9:27 interpretation, I can’t say I have actually found any. The gallery is about split in half as to the interpretation of 9:26-27 being fulfilled at Jesus first advent, and those who see it future. Other than to say, reading between the lines here and there, is there any support for a future 84 months of Tribulation.

Now I will be the first to admit, I am not the brightest bulb on the block; when it comes to prophesy. The Old Testament is filled, with evidence of the Times of Jacobs troubles. But again I can find nothing to confirm an 84 month of Tribulation, “anywhere”. Of course I am not saying the possibility that some does exist, is not conceivable at this point. So if someone has the clue, maybe we can thresh it out.