Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
You need to get out of the Left Right paradigm, or you are not going see what is coming.
www.infowars.com
I have watched some of Alex Jones videos. A friend of mine is into his stuff. To be honest with you I am not a fan of Alex Jones. I am not a fan of any of these government conspiracy theorists. Could there be some truth to their theories? Probably so. But the thing I don't appreciate about these people is that they have everyone focusing on all these government conspiracies, the 9/11 inside job theory, the need to go back to a gold standard, etc., when our focus ought to be on things above, not on things on this earth (Col. 3:2). We are entangled enough with the affairs of this life. This world is not our home, we're just pilgrims and strangers passing through. As much as I applaud Palin's good stand against abortion, and McCain's service for our country as a war veteran and as a former POW, my hope is not in the Republican Party, nor the Independent Party, the Constitutional Party, the Ron Paul movement, or any other political group. My hope is in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. When he comes, he'll straighten this whole mess out and set up a perfect government (Isa. 9:6-7), of which we'll be a part of (Rev. 5:10). That's what I'm looking forward to!

These guys like Alex Jones will get you all worked up about things that you have absolutely no control over. The Bible tells us everything we need to know about the world system without the help of guys like Alex Jones. The Bible already told as that there is wickedness in "high places" (Eph. 6:12). Why are we surprised when wickedness prevails in society and in the world system? Isn't the god of this world the devil? (II Cor. 4:4) Things are going to get worse before it gets better. The world is going exactly in the direction the Bible said it would go. Apostacy. All guys like Alex Jones does is cater to the Athenian lust of hearing some new thing (Act 17:21). But all his ramblings are irrelevant.

Our duty is not to get all worked up about the things happening behind closed doors in the government that we can't do anything about anyways. Our duty is to preach the Gospel, rescue the perishing, and care for the dying. Alex Jones and his ilk may be good for entertainment purposes but that's about it. Christians need a revival in holiness, a burden for sinners, and a stronger commitment to God's will, not more knowledge about government conspiracies that we have no control over, especially considering that God is in control and everything is going according to his plan anyways (no I'm not a Calvinist).
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-05-2008, 07:37 PM

Hi Chette,

No, Palin did not write her own speech. Most public speakers have speech writers. You can bet she agreed with it or she would not have "preached" it. The part about "soccer moms and pitbulls" was her own adlib though. I am voting for McCain now (I wasn't voting for Obama just wasn't going to vote for president) actually I am voting for Palin.

In Christian Love,
Renee
Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 PM

[quote=Manny Rodriguez;7424]Could there be some truth to their theories? [quote]

I did an interesting things I was searching blogs from these investment and stock corp CEO's, some religious, and Some Christians (ie Ruckmans Bullitens articles of the deep depression) and they are all saying the same thing.

They see the colapse of the US Economy leading to the colapse of Law and order in the Sates as a result. this in turn will collapse the US as a world dominant power and reduce us to a 3rd world nation.

So, The Gold Brokers and stockmarket wizzard's, the Main line Christian's(except Kay Arthur), the cult and occult people, and people like Alex Jones are all saying the same thing. that sometime in the next two years the US will have a economic meltdown that will result in riots and mass hysteria in the large metropolotian areas, roving mad max gangs ruling the streets, no food, no utilities, mass suicides and murder, and the US being totally destroyed as a world Power.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 PM

Renee,

I thought the Soccor mom joke was cute. she definately sounded as if she believed in what she was saying, that is for sure.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Scott Simons

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny Rodriguez View Post
I have watched some of Alex Jones videos. A friend of mine is into his stuff. To be honest with you I am not a fan of Alex Jones. I am not a fan of any of these government conspiracy theorists.
Hi Manny,

I am glad you commented, but I know you are wrong on you analysis, the first and foremost is you called in a theory. It is not a theory any more that the King James is the Bible.
All the rest you said is of no consequence other that you smirched a good Christian man like Alex Jones. I would consider Alex Jones the Elijah of the day, he has stood if the face of evil and called it what it is and has shown us Christian the heart of Lion of the Tribe of Judah.
If you choice to disregard the truth so be it, you will regret it.
May the quickening of the Spirit encourage you to prove me wrong in that you will find the truth and repent of your error.
God bless you for stepping out.
PS. Listen to your freind he trying to help, in the love of Christ
Old 09-06-2008, 02:17 AM

Smile

Hi Renee
I agree about Sarah Palin, a very strong woman..who was raised in a Christian environment with a firm foundation. I'm going to vote for' Sarah'
too.
Its so sad to hear christians say,'Well, Obama will get President, so I might as well vote for him.' What a defeatist attitude, and God is STILL God.
Blessings and Shalom,
Billie
Old 09-06-2008, 08:42 PM

Palin's gospel...Oil, rock'n'roll, tattoos, cool lookin' Christians.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...cpid1766638341

Old 09-06-2008, 10:32 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

"Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these."

-God, Jeremiah 2:34

This verse, especially with the context, screams abortion.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:52 AM

You can vote for Obama Debau if you want. just because we do not have the same practices as the AG crowd doesn't put us in a different Body. we are the Body of Christ. they are weaker and we need to bear them. lest see how she does a a Baptist church then we can judge better of her message.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:16 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin54 View Post
"Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these."

-God, Jeremiah 2:34

This verse, especially with the context, screams abortion.
Paladin54,

Kind of an odd place to put that comment either start a new thread on abortion or place it inthe Bible stduy form were you can get others to coment on it. as a study in SCripture.

this thread is on Sarah Palin the VP choice of McCain