Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 PM
wwjd.usa

Default Question: Sin in every day

I heard some people (one pastor) say that it's impossible to go a day without sinning. Other people say that it is possible to go a week or even longer without sinning.

I personally think that it is longer to live through a day without sinning because of Matthew 5:48

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

I think that this verse implies that it is possible to be as perfect as God. If it would not be possible to be perfect, then Jesus would say verse 48.

What do you all think about this topic?

Last edited by wwjd.usa; 09-23-2008 at 09:57 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-23-2008, 10:38 PM

I thought you were tired?

Yes, you believe in sinless perfection, we get it.
Yes, if you aren't perfect, you lose your salvation.

Friend, will you please take your agenda elsewhere.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 AM

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

The Word Of God calls you a liar.

We are encouraged NOT to sin, but knowing that when we do CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS!

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do you read that? Jesus Christ is the righteous one, not us.

Careful on the path that you walk
Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:07 AM

Not possible to live a Sinless life. The above verses make it clear.
We do not have to do the physical act,it can be in our thought process.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

I think that this verse implies that it is possible to be as perfect as God. If it would not be possible to be perfect, then Jesus would say verse 48.
That's the point. Jesus was speaking to the self-righteous and said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

How is that even possible? Perfect! Only by receiving Jesus Christ.

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:21). You are as righteous as you'll ever be when Christ is in you. This a "positional" reality. Jesus Christ is in you, the hope of glory.

Success in the daily Christian life does not occur by trying in the strength of the flesh or by appropriating certain disciplines of the mind, but by trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ. Our trust is in Christ, not in the weak and beggarly aspects of sinful flesh or human intellect. Practical or experiential victory [putting off the former conversation] occurs when we apply the revealed doctrine of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection by faith. It occurs by truly knowing what and who we are in Christ.

Knowing comes from divine truth which is revealed to us through the Word of God by the Holy Spirit and then received by faith. I am not speaking of intellectually knowing the facts; rather, I am referring to our inner spiritual perception, discernment, and understanding. In other words, faith is not based on our intellectual understanding. Faith is a confident leap into the light of God’s unwavering truth—even when you may not completely understand it.

By faith we can accept the fact that in Christ we are dead indeed unto sin (Romans 6), but what happens if we sin? We can believe with our whole heart that we are crucified with Christ. We can reckon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God through Jesus Christ, but what happens if we say, do, or think something sinful? Does this mean we are not really saved after all? I repeat a verse already shared. “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous” (1 John 2:1).

We can do our very best, but our very best is never righteous. “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags…” (Isaiah 64:6). Thankfully, our righteousness is not conditional to our good or sinless behavior; it is conditional to the righteousness of Jesus Christ. “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

May we each cease from the fruitless effort of striving and laboring to live the genuine Christian life. Instead, let us rest in the complete and absolute sufficiency of Christ by faith. Let us each commit to abiding in Christ and yielding the fruit He desires to produce in our lives.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:04 PM

Default Sin, Some Amazing Facts

HEART DISEASE has been termed by the medical profession as man's number one enemy, and cancer second. However, as we turn to the Word of God, we find an enemy revealed that is far more subtle, dangerous, and universal than any disease that has plagued humanity. This enemy has caused ruin to the human race and also robbed God of glory. The hiss of the serpent can be heard in its pronunciation. It is called -- "SIN."

Now I trust that you will be interested enough to read this little tract carefully, for you, and all of us, are involved in the subject of sin. "Fools make a mock at sin" but "Wise men lay up knowledge" (Proverbs 14:9; 10:14). To be unaware of the tactics of this enemy is like being unarmed in the day of war.

GOD'S DESCRIPTION OF SIN

Society looks upon murder, adultery, stealing and lying as forms of sin, and rightly so. But did you ever consider that things you may count harmless, God reckons as sin? His thoughts are not your thoughts, for His thoughts are higher than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:8,9). I'm sure the following verses will prove this:

"An high look, and a proud heart, ... is sin"
(Proverbs 21:4).

"The thought of foolishness is sin"
(Proverbs 24:9).

"But if ye have respect to persons,
ye commit sin" (James 2:9).

THE SCOPE OF SIN

Certainly all must confess, "I have sinned against Thee" (Psalm 41:4). Doctors report that cancer claims one out of four people. Do you know God reports that sin seizes four out of four? Yes, 100% of us have been taken!

"For ALL have sinned, and come short
of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

GOD'S VIEWING OF SIN

Does God see our sin? Those in Noah's day said, "Thick clouds are a covering to Him, that He seeth not" (Job 22:14). However, God saw not only their wickedness, but even the thoughts of their heart (Genesis 6:5)! God is Omnipresent - everywhere at once! Your actions, words, and unspoken thoughts are constantly viewed by His eye. "Thou hast set our iniquities before Thee, our secret sins in the light of Thy countenance" (Psalm 90:8).

"The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
beholding the evil and the good"
(Proverbs 15:3).

THE EFFECTS OF SIN

What tremendous effects sin has in the life of every mortal! The first effect was seen in the garden of Eden. Through Adam's sin, a separation took place. "He drove out the man" (Genesis 3:24). Thus man became a separated creature from his Creator. This state exists today and can be seen in the fact that man's desires are not Godward. He loves pleasure but not prayer, sports but not Scripture. His actions prove that he is "without God in the world" (Ephesians 2:12). To him, there is no beauty in Christ that he should desire Him (Isaiah 53:2).

"Your iniquities have separated
between you and your God" (Isaiah 59:2).

Sin, as a master, doles out wages to its slaves. It drags the body to the grave and plunges the soul into hell, a place of conscious torment (Luke 16:19-26).

At the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28,29), it will accuse the sinner, call for his punishment, and occasion his final and eternal confinement, body and soul, in the lake of fire.
"This is the second death" (Revelation 20:11-15).

"The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).

GOD'S CURE FOR SIN

God hates sin but loves the sinner! Sin calls for punishment; divine justice demands it, but God has a cure! In order to save us from our sins, He had to punish the Lord Jesus. At Calvary, nailed to the cross, "He was wounded for our transgressions" (Isaiah 53:5). "He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself" (Hebrews 9:26).

No human effort, no matter how sincere, can put away sin. Only the blood of Christ can avail.

"The blood of Jesus Christ His Son
cleanseth us from all sin" (I John 1:7).

"Whosoever believeth in Him
shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).
Old 09-24-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
No human effort, no matter how sincere, can put away sin. Only the blood of Christ can avail.
Amen!

"And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified" (Hebrews 10:11-14).

Jesus alone, brethren.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:01 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

The Word Of God calls you a liar.
You know, if I would have said that I never sin, then you would be correct that I'm a liar. This verse says that every single person has sinned. (That is before comming to know Jesus.) However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)

God is perfect, and has never sinned. Jesus commands us to be perfect as God is. If Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is, then this means that a person can become perfect, as God is, and not sin. Why else would Jesus tell people to do the impossible?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
You know, if I would have said that I never sin, then you would be correct that I'm a liar. This verse says that every single person has sinned. (That is before comming to know Jesus.) However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)

God is perfect, and has never sinned. Jesus commands us to be perfect as God is. If Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is, then this means that a person can become perfect, as God is, and not sin. Why else would Jesus tell people to do the impossible?

You need to focus on the next verse
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do you think John is talking to non-believers or believers?

You are on seriously dangerous ground to say you are perfect.
We will only attain perfection when we reach Heaven, until then we are all a bunch of sinners saved by Grace through faith and that faith is what gets us by until out PERFECT LORD Jesus Christ calls us home or comes for us.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:07 PM

Only the Holy Spirit can help you not to sin. our duty is only to yeild our body unto God.