Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 AM

Default The 1611 spelling

Jordan / thewoodsofjordan made a funny youtube video supposedly against King James Bible onlyism.

He writes:
"Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heauen, and the Earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without forme, and voyd, and darkenesse was vpon the face of the deepe: and the Spirit of God mooued vpon the face of the waters."

Here is one of his examples, in which he tries to prove that the King James Bible is different now. Notice all the differences he shows in the above two verses are merely to do with the English presentation, not with any differences of translation or underlying text.

It should be obvious that "voyd" is the same as "void", and that the spelling now is uniform and proper.

He even says that the name of the Saviour is now different, that in 1611 people said "Iesvs" (pronounced literally), but now we have "Jesus". He fails to realise that the letter J is written as an I, and the letter u is written as a v in 1611. There is no change in sound at all, and no actual change in the name!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-15-2009, 01:20 AM

you are correct BP. It often amazes me how those who oppose the KJV show their ignorance like that.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
you are correct BP. It often amazes me how those who oppose the KJV show their ignorance like that.
1Th 2:13 For this cause also thanke wee God without ceasing, because when yee receiued the word of God, which yee heard of vs, yee receiued it not as the word of men, but (as it is in trueth) the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that beleeue.

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

The verse above is from today's KJV, the verse above it is from the 1611 edition. What is the difference? Anyone have any difficulty reading the first? Here is my doctrine on Triple Inspiration(Job 32:8; I Thes. 2:13): BOTH are equally given by inspiration.

Grace and peace.

Tony
Old 04-15-2009, 04:57 AM

Default Elizabethan Alphabet Rules

Here is a link of a basic rules for the old English Alphabet:

http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/ol...sh-letters.htm

I hope he(Jordan) can visit this site for him to have a fresh look on how English is ought to be at the time the KJV was written.

Jude 25

Last edited by Fredoheaven; 04-15-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:49 AM

Using our short time to criticize God’s Words instead of studying them certainly is not wise.

I see no edification in these devices.

I’d rather become a fool to be wise, than become wise and be a fool.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
Here is a link of a basic rules for the old English Alphabet:

http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/ol...sh-letters.htm

I hope he(Jordan) can visit this site for him to have a fresh look on how English is ought to be at the time the KJV was written.

Jude 25
Isnt our Lord wonderful!! A Brother from the Phillipines schooling an english speaking man on the english language that he (Jordan) Is so blissfully ignorant of.
God Bless you Fred, reafirming my faith in the Book through Brothers and Churches like yourself who accept the truth.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
Old 04-15-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Isnt our Lord wonderful!! A Brother from the Phillipines schooling an english speaking man on the english language that he (Jordan) Is so blissfully ignorant of.
God Bless you Fred, reafirming my faith in the Book through Brothers and Churches like yourself who accept the truth.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
God bless you too bro(peopleoftheway).

Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

www.fredsites.weebly.com
Old 04-15-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
God bless you too bro(peopleoftheway).

Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

www.fredsites.weebly.com
Thank you Brother! I visited your website and thats a Lovely fellowship you have yourself there, you are blessed!

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.