Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Born Crucified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
"Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." (1 Corinthians 6:10-12)

All things are lawful for us, but not all things are good to do.

We should allow people to read the word of God, and let the power of the Holy Spirit convict them of their need to forego certain habits. We should not expect that once someone gets saved that they immediately will go out and get a haircut, stop drinking and smoking, and get totally 'right' with God. Sometimes the changes take time.

Let me give you an example:

When I got saved, I was as green as the next babe in Christ. I started going to a local Presbyterian church, and enjoyed the fellowship.

However, due to the conviction of the Holy Spirit, I eventually moved on to a Baptist church, where I could be baptised by immersion, and where I would be fed by the word of God, in the Authorized Version.

The first service I attended was a Wednesday night prayer service. I showed up in a nice blouse and slacks, as I'd dressed in numerous other churches. I noted, immediately, that all the women there were wearing either skirts or dresses. HOWEVER, not one person said one word to me about my choice of clothing, but the Holy Spirit made it very clear to me that I needed to wear more 'womanly' clothing. I started wearing skirts.

Now I wear skirts, exclusively, and only own one pair of jeans for yard work, if necessary.

It did not take someone preaching to me about dressing like a harlot, or someone chastising me over my slacks, it only took a willingness to please the Lord, and to obey the leading of the Holy Spirit to effect a change.

So, all the preaching against wine that seems to be going on here isn't going to make any difference, unless someone is willing to listen to the Holy Spirit, not someone preaching to them on the internet.
You are forgetting Preach the Word, be instant in season, out of season. Reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine but will heap up to themselves... teachers having itching ears.

Teachers such as those that would subvert the flock. Teachers that would teach that which is contrary to the Word of God. Teachers that allow them to do that which seems right in their own eyes.

Quite obvious that is happening today. 'Never mind that the Bible says Look not thou upon the wine when it is... teach me not to look upon it after I' seems to be the general consensus.

Sad that so many want to disregard God's Word concerning abstinence. Sad that they put the bottle to another's lips making them drunken just by the words others read and believe and then get hooked on alcohol.

Ever occur to you that the Holy Spirit speaks through man today?

Last edited by Born Crucified; 10-12-2008 at 12:36 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-12-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Crucified View Post
Sad that so many want to disregard God's Word concerning abstinence. Sad that they put the bottle to another's lips making them drunken just by the words others read and believe and then get hooked on alcohol.

Ever occur to you that the Holy Spirit speaks through man today?
The Holy Spirit can speak through man today, has done so in the past. He also speaks to each and every one of us, as we read God's word, as we pray, as we live.

I'm not advocating drinking, in fact, I'm against it. However, it seems that the horse here has been dead a long time. Continuing to flog it isn't going to change anyone's mind here, let the Holy Spirit do His work:

"But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;" (Titus 3:9,10)

Brother, you've made your point, many times over. Let the Lord work now, He's quite capable of pricking the conscience of those who are not doing as He would have them.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Born Crucified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
The Holy Spirit can speak through man today, has done so in the past. He also speaks to each and every one of us, as we read God's word, as we pray, as we live.

I'm not advocating drinking, in fact, I'm against it. However, it seems that the horse here has been dead a long time. Continuing to flog it isn't going to change anyone's mind here, let the Holy Spirit do His work:

"But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;" (Titus 3:9,10)

Brother, you've made your point, many times over. Let the Lord work now, He's quite capable of pricking the conscience of those who are not doing as He would have them.
So many read His Word without allowing Him to speak through it. As is quite evident in so many lives.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:53 PM

BC,

Quote:
So many read His Word without allowing Him to speak through it.
You are correct, many also use Strong's or Young's to correct God's Word and are lead by a Bible concordance in their faith. Can you show me anywhere in the Bible that says God will preserve his Word in a Concordance?

Atlas
Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Born Crucified

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
BC,

You are correct, many also use Strong's or Young's to correct God's Word and are lead by a Bible concordance in their faith. Can you show me anywhere in the Bible that says God will preserve his Word in a Concordance?

Atlas
Can you show me where God preserves it through false prophets?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:19 PM

By Here Am I

Quote:
Brother, you've made your point, many times over. Let the Lord work now, He's quite capable of pricking the conscience of those who are not doing as He would have them
Amen and amen Here Am I. My Lord is the only one who can convince and convict the errent. And so after this post I will no longer post on this thread. This post is definitely threadbare.

BC and Linda, I write to you as one since you are one. It is good that in this matter you are of one mind as it would be very difficult for the other half if one did not believe so, you would indeed be putting a stumbling block before eachother.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Colossians 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

Colossians 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using); after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Touch not = touch not, taste not = taste not, handle not = handle not.

Proverbs 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

Proverbs 23:32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

Look not = look not in my book = means look not

And besides; Look not thou makes it rather personal. If My Lord tells you not to because if you look long enough it will bite you and put you in the gutter and eventually kill you to spiritual things and bring you bodily death, then "look not thou upon the wine when it is red".

May The Lord help you both with your discernments and false judgments of both people and scriptures. One cannot bend scripture (because of one's own personal convictions) to suit them.

As for people who get drunk, they make their own choice. You both have made your choice not to imbibe. Do not blame others or the preacher for those that drink. It was their choice!.

Romans 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

And so my post ends and I hope this thread ends soon.

Renee
Old 10-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Born Crucified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
By Here Am I

Amen and amen Here Am I. My Lord is the only one who can convince and convict the errent. And so after this post I will no longer post on this thread. This post is definitely threadbare.

BC and Linda, I write to you as one since you are one. It is good that in this matter you are of one mind as it would be very difficult for the other half if one did not believe so, you would indeed be putting a stumbling block before eachother.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Colossians 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

Colossians 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using); after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Touch not = touch not, taste not = taste not, handle not = handle not.

Proverbs 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

Proverbs 23:32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

Look not = look not in my book.

And besides; Look not thou makes it rather personal. If My Lord tells you not to because if you look long enough it will bite you and put uou in the gutter and eventually kill you to spiritual things and bring you bodily death, then "look not thou upon the wine when it is red".
The same wine that will kill one man will kill all men.

So many forget that when the Bible says 'Study to show thyself approved unto God...,' it means study. not just read that think that is enough.

Even if Proverbs 23:32 only meant 'don't look' in that passage, one would be disobeying God's Word by looking whether they thought they could handle it or not.

So, how does one account for clear disobedience by looking when the clear command is Look not?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 PM

Renee,

it is of no use discusiing anything with BC and LindaR. they are not hear to learn and edify. But to teach and condemn the rest of us as not obeying an instruction as a command that they teach. they are here to sow discord not unity on Bible.

We do best to let them alone and not answer their posts. they ask questions then condemn you if you don't agree with their answer to their own quetions.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM

Is there an argument here? All I see is a few people arguing FOR the same point, but still managing to argue amongst themselves....

It seems like "born crucified" (whatever that means) thinks drinking wine is a sin, and so does "Here Am I". I'm not sure what the argument is about.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Born Crucified

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Renee,

it is of no use discusiing anything with BC and LindaR. they are not hear to learn and edify. But to teach and condemn the rest of us as not obeying an instruction as a command that they teach. they are here to sow discord not unity on Bible.

We do best to let them alone and not answer their posts. they ask questions then condemn you if you don't agree with their answer to their own quetions.
I do not condemn you. If you are feeling condemnation because of my posting the truth, then you need to have a talk with God.

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, [then] have we confidence toward God.

If you feel you are being condemned, apparently your confidence is where it should not be.