Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:42 PM

LZM

Ans. to post 16.

Look for answers at: Doctrine--- Jesus-Is-Lord.com and Loss of Salvation in this forum.
Some post are good some not worth reading, but you will find that you may have the same questions as some on the thread.

Many matters of faith and doctrine are just that. We believe by faith, and a lot of time we have to trust in The Lord to give us that faith to believe.

Aloha Renee
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
To try and change that verse, even bring into debate its meaning harms your testimony as a truth seeker, the ONE SINGLE COMMANDMENT by God to Study and divide his written Word, not being ashamed of the Gospel of Christ and His truth.
As you claim to be on the search for "truth" Scott I dont understand how you can take that verse out of its context.
To bring about a different meaning to that single portion of scripture does what modern versions do, TAKES AWAY the commandment to study God's Word!

They do take away study, the devils.
What I was wondering is approved unto God, not unto men.
Also the need not to be ashamed, does not hope maketh not ashamed, so the study should be focus on the love of God as our hope and not doctrinal orientated?
And that is what the rightly dividing is cutting up, not necessarily doctrine but the hope of glory Christ in us.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:43 AM

Scott,

Quote:
What I was wondering is approved unto God, not unto men.
Yes Scott, approved unto unto God

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

One cannot be aproved of God if he does not rightly divide the word of truth.
No matter how diligent we are at studying, if we do not rightly divide, we will be asamed. George has posted a very good lesson on how to be a wise man, always ask "WHO ?"

In Christ Love,
Renee
Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 AM

Renee,

Scott does this same game of twisting and asking and twisting around as a pile of worms in a can.

he did with my posts in Sarah Palin. I told him until he gets straight I wasn't going to be answering any more of his posts.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Scott,

Yes Scott, approved unto unto God

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

One cannot be aproved of God if he does not rightly divide the word of truth.
No matter how diligent we are at studying, if we do not rightly divide, we will be asamed. George has posted a very good lesson on how to be a wise man, always ask "WHO ?"

In Christ Love,
Renee
Aloha

Yes I have seen that post on WHO. I have been trying to fit some scripture into it but, have been having some problems, I will keep trying.

I am not sure if we are not able to rightly divide doctrine it will be all that shamefull since I am sure none of us have got is all right.
If one is able to rightly divide that our hope is in God's love, then we ought not be ashamed.

I really hope that God's approval is not wrapped up in me understanding what all these doctrines are, because I am not sure if anyone is rightly dividing anything 100%, and unless God is grading on the curve we are all in trouble.

what has lead me is hope and love, not doctrines, it may be my lack of confering with men.

Aloha
Old 09-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Renee,

Scott does this same game of twisting and asking and twisting around as a pile of worms in a can.

he did with my posts in Sarah Palin. I told him until he gets straight I wasn't going to be answering any more of his posts.
Chette, I have just been trying to follow your train of thought and reasoning, I am sorry it appears like a can of worms, I get confused with it also.

I notice you appear to be irratated with me, sorry I just have question that lead to other questions, I may just bag all this doctrine stuff with you.

Unless you want to reason together.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
by Scott
what has lead me is hope and love, not doctrines, it may be my lack of confering with men.
Psalms 119:113 SAMECH. I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.

God's love IS wrapped up in His doctrines. There is no seperating them. God is love, but that is also expressed contrastingly by His righteousness and hatred for sin. God is Holy and His Son will judge the world in righteousness.

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

God's love is magnified by His hate for unrighteousness. He hates iniquity.

Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

He is angry every day with the wicked.

Psalms 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Psalms 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psalms 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psalms 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Understanding what He hates brings us to love the Lord.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Yes, God is love. It is expressed in all His attributes including judment and righteousness, and sending people to a lake of fire who reject the Saviour.

You need to study the judgment seat of Christ too Scott. II Tim 2:15 tells us to shew thyself "approved" unto God. That would be what is pleasing to the Lord. Christians can also do what is not approved of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Last edited by Debau; 09-12-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
Psalms 119:113 SAMECH. I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.

God's love IS wrapped up in His doctrines. There is no seperating them. God is love, but that is also expressed contrastingly by His righteousness and hatred for sin. God is Holy and His Son will judge the world in righteousness.

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

God's love is magnified by His hate for unrighteousness. He hates iniquity.

Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

He is angry every day with the wicked.

Psalms 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Psalms 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psalms 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psalms 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Understanding what He hates brings us to love the Lord.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Yes, God is love. It is expressed in all His attributes including judment and righteousness, and sending people to a lake of fire who reject the Saviour.

You need to study the judgment seat of Christ too Scott. II Tim 2:15 tells us to shew thyself "approved" unto God. That would be what is pleasing to the Lord. Christians can also do what is not approved of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
Thanks, interesting.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:55 PM
herami

wow, great post , Debau!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
In regards to your Post under > DOCTRINE > "Did Jesus Christ Come To Start A Church?" > PAGE #3 > Your Post # 27
Aloha brother Scott,

Let's back up a minute and survey the "landscape" . Upon reviewing several of your "Posts" I observe:
  1. You have A LOT of Questions - That's good, BUT
  2. Often times (either embedded in the question or soon after) you state a contrary opinion or comment that is in opposition to the answer given you in such a manner as to be dismissive, argumentative, or divisive.
  3. And herein lies the "problem" - some of us are trying to figure out: Is Scott being "sincere" or is he being "deceptive"?
  4. It is quite clear from your "Threads" (Questions & Comments) and "Posts" (Questions & Comments) that you are not "Grounded" in the Faith (i.e. "Doctrine"), or else you would already have settled many of your questions in your heart by having "searched the Scriptures" to see if these things are so.
  5. You cannot “dismiss” the extreme importance of “DOCTRINE”, just because you may not understand it, or because some us may differ with you (or with each other for that matter). Look up the word “doctrine” (doctrines) in Swordsearcher {6 verses in the Old Testament & 50 verses in the New Testament - Total = 56 verses). There are only 58 verses on HELL in the entire Bible, are you going to dismiss it so easily also?
It is obvious (even to a casual observer) that the "Church of God" today (Fundamental, Evangelical, etc. - of all "stripes") is as messed up and confusing as it could possibly get. But that fact, doesn't give us an EXCUSE NOT TO STUDY God's word, or "give-up" trying to understand it because of all the "differences" between the brethren, or the fact that sometimes we just "don't get it" ourselves.

In the 50 years I have been a Christian I have met very few Christian brethren with whom I agree with 100%. Although I have been a Christian probably longer than most of the brethren on this Forum, I have been “edified” by several of the brethren on this Forum that haven’t been saved for even half the time that I have been. And so we come to WHO can we “fellowship” with – and WHO are we to avoid?

WHO we are to “avoid” is fairly easy to identify:

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the DOCTRINE which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

There are others, but the Scriptures are very clear – not everyone who names’ the name of Christ is one of His (there are false brethren you know - 2Corinthians 11:26; Galatians 2:4), and there is one sure way to tell a true brother in Christ, and that is, if he has a genuine “love of the truth” [2Thessaolonians 2:10].

The following is a partial list of “doctrines” that all genuine Bible believing Christians should believe, and which we can have fellowship with each other over. If there are Christians out there who don’t embrace all of these “doctrines”, I personally “steer clear” of them:

1. God (The Triune Godhead as presented in the Bible)

2. Satan (As an existing being – The father of evil)

3. Angels (As existing)

4. Devils (Demons & evil spirits as existing)

5. Creation (The Biblical account)

6. Man (As possessing three parts – a Body, a Soul, and a Spirit)

7. The Soul (As existing and being 1 part of the 3 parts of man)

8. The Spirit (As existing and being 1 part of the 3 parts of man)

9. Evil (As Existing - The Biblical concept of)

10. The Heart (As the seat of a person’s thoughts, imaginations, affections, will, etc.)

11. Sin (The Biblical Account of the fall – The sinful nature of all mankind.)

12. Redemption (All of mankind’s need for Salvation)

13. Signs, wonders, miracles (As recorded in the Bible)

14. World wide Flood (The Biblical Account)

15. Division of Mankind (Into three basic races: Shem, Ham, and Japeth)

16. Accountability (That individuals are responsible for their own actions – not society.)

17. Judgment (That a time will come when God is going to judge all of mankind.)

18. Heaven (As a place of Eternal Life with God)

19. Hell (As a place for Eternal Punishment.)

20. Hebrews – Jews – Israel (As being God’s earthly chosen people.)

21. Jesus Christ: (As being the bodily manifestation of the Godhead.)
(As being the fullness of the Godhead bodily.)
(As the Creator of the world and the universe.)
(As to his Incarnation – Miraculous Conception & Birth)
(As the Jews [Hebrew] Messiah.)
(As the one and only Saviour of mankind and the world.)
(As Rising from the dead.)
(As the Head of the Church – which is His body here on earth.)
(As the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.)

22. The Blood Atonement (That Jesus Christ’s Blood paid the price for sin – sins.)

23. Born Again (That a person needs to be born again in order to enter into Heaven.)

24. The Church (Christ’s Bride – The Pillar and Ground of the Truth.)

25. Marriage (God’s Institution – Between one man and one woman.)

26. Inspiration of Scripture (The “words” of God “Inspired” – NOT just the “originals”)

27. The Preservation of Scripture (Preserved through God’s church until the present.)

28. The Holy Scriptures (as being the “Final Authority” in all matters of faith and practice.)

Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

I would advise you to take the “advise” of some of the brethren here and slow down, take some time to “think” and “meditate” upon the brethren’s answers – they probably have spent a whole lot more time searching the Scriptures and meditating on an issue than you have, and are more likely to have the correct answer, rather than a hastily formed “opinion” on your part.

I don’t know how long you have been saved, but I do know that all of us picked up a lot of “Garbage” and “Baggage” before we got saved, and sometimes it takes a long time to get rid of it all (some people are never fully successful in ridding themselves of it all). Between false religions and false teachers; and the “humanistic” agenda in the schools, government, and media, etc. it’s pretty hard to come through it all unscathed.

If you are sincere, then I would ask you to check out my “Thread” and following Posts on HUMANISM: {Thread = DOCTRINE > HUMANISM (Pernicious Satanic Influence in the world today) > Posts #1; 5; 7; 11; 13; 14. And then read my Post on DOCTRINE > Should Christians Confess Their Sins > Page 1 > Post #10 “Garbage & Baggage”.} If after reading these Posts you cannot see the “Humanistic” influence in your reasoning, then I don’t know what I can do to help you.

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I have done all that I can do – it’s now up to you. I can teach some “knowledge”, but only God can grant you discernment, understanding, and wisdom, and then only if your heart is sincere in wanting to know the “Truth”.