Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:35 AM
LutheranChurchChina

Default Chinese

Today in the among Chinese speaking, 99% of Chinese Christians use the Chinese Union Translation (CUT) and the English NIV version - both based on Westcot and Hort's Revised Standard Version.

However, in 1885, 30 years before the CUT was published and prior to Westcot Hort's version - The Presbyterian Mission in Shanghai published an English and Chinese King James Version of the New Testament.

Unfortunately by the time Christianity really began to take off in China in the early 1900's the Bible Society's were handing out the CUT and RSV, which today are CUT and NIV.

As I mention, today 99% of Chinese Christians use the CUT and NIV, and Bible Stores only sell the CUT and NIV.

After much searching..... we have found the 1885 Chinese-English version of the King James. It is our now our hope to republish the Chinese King James Version of the New Testament here in Asia.

You can read online or download this Chinese-English Version from our website at http://lutheranchurch.cn

If you feel our project to bring the King James Version back to China is worthwhile - please help us. You can contact me by clicking the Email link on our website.

Your brother in Christ,

Pr. JC Smith
Kaohsiung Lutheran Mission
www.LutheranChurch.cn
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 AM

JC,

God bless you my friend for trying to do God's work. I hope you do well in China my friend.

Atlas
Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 PM

Bro. Smith,

Bro. Tim does make a good point.

Quote:
On your site it says, "in the regenerating waters of baptism".
I'd also like to know what this means.

Atlas