General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 PM

Talking Question

Has anyone covered the issue on this forum about the different useages in the Old Testament concerning the title of LORD and the name Jehovah?

It would be interesting to see what has been said because I haven't heard anything from the "preserved word" side really cover it.

But I have heard many on the other side tear our position apart on this.
I am humn and don't have the answers to everything so if it hasn't been covered yet I would love to learn more on this from any of you.

God bless

PaulB
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Bro. Parrish

Paul, that is a good question, if you don't get a lot of replies here you should post it over in the Bible Studies section, or maybe ask Brandon to move it over there because I think you might get more response.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 PM

thanks Bro Parrish - I'll give it a day or so to see if anyone responds and then try what you say.

God bless
PaulB
Old 06-24-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Has anyone covered the issue on this forum about the different useages in the Old Testament concerning the title of LORD and the name Jehovah?

It would be interesting to see what has been said because I haven't heard anything from the "preserved word" side really cover it.

But I have heard many on the other side tear our position apart on this.
I am humn and don't have the answers to everything so if it hasn't been covered yet I would love to learn more on this from any of you.

God bless

PaulB
Paul, I don't see the "problem" and was never addressed by any of the Original Manuscript Frauds personally on what you have here, and suspect if they do, it's a straw man issue where there is no issue, as with the "Holy Ghost-Holy Spirit" usage and the Holy Spirit being referred to as "it".

Grace and peace brother

Tony
Old 06-24-2009, 10:47 PM

PaulB,

I think there was. You can use the search engine at the top to search by forum or post those exact words and find the threads.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:07 AM

Thanks brethren - I don't doubt a single word in the KJB I simply seek to know more of your thoughts on it. It's a bit like the love of Christ - I may not understand it as I should but I love to learn as much as I can from those who also share it. To me, that is part of what fellowship in Christ is all about!

God bless

PaulB