Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shofar View Post
Hi all, I learned earlier that the sound byte from that earlier website is only a snip of a full version that's available at the following link; however, downloading the byte is from somewhere else, but I'm passing these along. I have listened to it in greater detail & filed it in iTunes - a fierce reminder to be completely obedient to the Word of God.Thank you for all this insight. It has helped greatly in my understanding of where I need to be in Christ Jesus, to be spared forever from the reality of what awaits they that enter & enjoy the wide gate.
I'm glad these discussions have helped you, but I wonder if you would hold the same conviction of hell that you do now if you had never listened to that sound clip?

Personally, I think belief & faith in God's word is sufficient enough to preach the reality of hell with a strong conviction. I also think there is a danger of anyone relying on extra-Biblical evidence, such as sound recordings (of which I am sceptical of the one you posted), to support their belief. Again, the word of God is sufficient, and I believe that's how God wants it:

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.