Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:28 PM

Default The Early Church and End Times

Both the Bible and the Early Church support only a post-trib view.

http://www.velocity.net/~edju/Pretrib1.gif
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 PM

So what is that little chart supposed to prove?

Where is your biblical proof for this assertion? I'm sure many of us would be very willing to listen to your idea if you could back it up with scripture.

But simply throwing up a little graphic and saying that "Church Fathers" unamimously agree on something is not a very good proof for your assertion.

I'm not trying to sound harsh here, but you really should put more effort into your argument, especially on such a potentially controversial topic.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAV View Post
Both the Bible and the Early Church support only a post-trib view.

http://www.velocity.net/~edju/Pretrib1.gif
Hahahahaha, you got me. You stumped me. That chart is just to much for me. How could I possibly argue with that?

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 02-24-2009, 07:01 PM

That was not the early church. that is the Post-apostolic church. there were no Holy Apostles at that time they were all dead

Ac 20:29, 30 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Eze 22:27 Her princes in the midst thereof [are] like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, [and] to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.

2Pe 2:1 ¶ But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

boy, if Paul, Ezekiel and Peter weren't a prophets I might fall for the Alexandrian lie
Old 02-25-2009, 03:55 AM

Well the scriptures are clear that Paul taught that we were saved from wrath. the church will always be in some form of tribulation
Old 02-25-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
That was not the early church. that is the Post-apostolic church. there were no Holy Apostles at that time they were all dead

Ac 20:29, 30 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Eze 22:27 Her princes in the midst thereof [are] like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, [and] to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.

2Pe 2:1 ¶ But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

boy, if Paul, Ezekiel and Peter weren't a prophets I might fall for the Alexandrian lie
Not only those, but the minor prophets can shed light on prophetic events given in the NT (Joel for example): I'm to tired to expound on this. Maybe tomorrow...

Also, Tertullian is the only author in that gif that actually had anything interesting to say. To bad he eventually became a Montanist heretic. The rest were nothing short of baby Roman Catholic pagans.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 03-19-2009, 03:57 PM

The Bible says in Acts 2: 42 "Then they continued steadfastly in the apostle's doctrine..." not "the constitution of the Apostle". As a bible believer, I believe what the scripture sayeth more than the opinion of men. I believe in the Pre-trib because it's what the Bible sayeth. For in-depth study refer to 1Thess. 5:9 and 4:13-17.