Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:36 AM

Revangelist,

How did you get saved?

What is keeping you saved?

Is it the works of Jesus Christ you your works that are keeping you saved?

Atlas
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-19-2008, 10:51 AM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
Jerry, what makes you think everything you believe is absolutely the only way something can be understood? You keep mentioning "false doctrine" making "God-Almighty" statemenst as if you were the one who wrote the Bible. You are arrogant and come across in many of your comments as rough and intolerant. You say you are intolerant of false doctrine, never supposing you might be the one in error.
Are you having a bad day?

If you - a professing believer? - are not sure of your doctrine, there are certainly problems you need to sort out! I am very sure of my doctrine - the fundamentals of the faith have not changed, neither have the Baptist Distinctives (which I also believe) - I am not on here debating minor little quirks or misunderstandings of doctrines, but major ones in the Scriptures - of which we all should be able to agree on. If not, then you need to study out what the Bible does say on those issues and there stand there.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Revangelist

Jerry, I read you post about CCM. Your thing about "back-beats" sounded very ignorant. You spoke as if Scriptures supported your view. Because I disagreed with you, you question my salvation (I'm supposing that is what the "?" was for). "Baptist Distinctives" aren't necessarily all Scripturally sound. Methodists, Pentecostals and Presbyterians all believe salvation is by grace through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ, but they aren't believers in eternal security or other doctrines of that nature. You should show a little more grace. You postings about music were your own personal preferences, not necessarily Biblical. You need to lighten up. You push people away with your argumentative attitude, like others on this forum. Our goal is to win people for Jesus Christ, not question their salvation because they disagree with us.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
LutheranChurchChina

Default 1880 A.D. Chinese King James

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutheranChurchChina View Post
Today in the Chinese speaking church, 90% of Chinese Christians use the Chinese Union Translation (CUT) and the English NIV version - both based on Westcot and Hort's Revised Standard Version. And there is no Bible Society today that publishes a Chinese version of the Bible that agrees with the King James Version / Textus Receptus.

However, in 1880/1885, 30 years before the CUT was published and prior to Westcot & Hort's Revised Version - The Presbyterian Mission in Shanghai published an English and Chinese King James Version of the New Testament.

After much searching..... we have found the 1880/1885 Chinese and English version of the King James.

You can freely download this Chinese-English Version from our website at http://lutheranchurch.cn

Your brother in Christ,

Pr. JC Smith
Kaohsiung Lutheran Mission

Thank you
Old 03-19-2008, 12:11 PM

Revangelist,

Quote:
Methodists, Pentecostals and Presbyterians all believe salvation is by grace through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ, but they aren't believers in eternal security
You are 100% correct. Everyone of these groups are going to heaven because God saved them and THEY kept themselves saved. They all like to add works to salvation. If you can lose it by something you have done it has to be YOUR works that keeps you saved. All of you guys believe in salvation by faith + works, YOUR WORKS. That is a false doctrine. It is called works for salvation. See if you can lose your salvation only God + your works can get you to heaven. Without YOUR works you will go to hell.

Only YOUR WORKS can keep you saved. That is what you teach and preach. We preach and teach GOD'S WORKS saved us and KEPP us saved. Your salvation is depending on self and good works. Our salvation depends on JESUS and HIS GOOD WORKS.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 03-19-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:59 PM
jerry

Quote:
Jerry, I read you post about CCM. Your thing about "back-beats" sounded very ignorant. You spoke as if Scriptures supported your view. Because I disagreed with you, you question my salvation (I'm supposing that is what the "?" was for). "Baptist Distinctives" aren't necessarily all Scripturally sound. Methodists, Pentecostals and Presbyterians all believe salvation is by grace through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ, but they aren't believers in eternal security or other doctrines of that nature. You should show a little more grace. You postings about music were your own personal preferences, not necessarily Biblical. You need to lighten up. You push people away with your argumentative attitude, like others on this forum. Our goal is to win people for Jesus Christ, not question their salvation because they disagree with us.
I never questioned your salvation - the "?" meant I was not completely sure what you were saying or getting at.

Just because you don't agree with my position does not make me arrogant. Attitude drips all over your post above, yet you are calling my posting into question. Maybe you need to look in the mirror.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Revangelist

I never said all the people in the denomination are saved. Not all Baptists are saved either. Going to a Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal or Presbyterian church doesn't make anyone a Christian any more than going to McDonalds makes one a Big Mac. Salvation is personal. As far as works is concerned, salvation is not by works. However, you must CHOOSE to be saved. So, you can CHOOSE not to be, either.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Revangelist

Jerry, maybe my attitude needs adjusting. But you have made incindiary remarks, I've read them. However, that doesn't excuse me if I'm guilty.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:27 PM
jerry

Quote:
Jerry, maybe my attitude needs adjusting. But you have made incindiary remarks, I've read them. However, that doesn't excuse me if I'm guilty.
If you can show me where I have made unChristlike remarks on these boards, I will acknowledge my sin and made it right. However, being sure of my doctrine and refuting error is not a sin.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:43 PM

Revangelist,

Quote:
So, you can CHOOSE not to be, either.
Can you decide one day not to be your fathers son and it be true. I was born of God, he is my father. I can not end our relationship because I decide I'm not his son.

My earthly father, Darrell is my father, ( I call him Daddy ). I do not care what I do Darrell is my father. I was born of him, I will always be son of Darrell and I'll always be son of God. I can decide as I wish I can not change who is my father after I am born of his works.

Quote:
Salvation is personal. As far as works is concerned, salvation is not by works.
Wrong again. Salvation is by works, HIS WORKS. HIS WORKS also keep me saved.

Who's works are keeping you saved?

Your works or HIS works?

Someones works are keeping you saved that is a fact. The only question is who's works?

Who's works are keeping you saved?

Atlas