Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:54 PM

Default Cruden's Leather Bible Concordance

Guys,

This is not really a Bible study, but a Bible study aid. I always use the Cruden's Bible Concordance for a few reasons.

1. No Greek
2. No Hebrew.
3. It just gives you the location of the Bible verse and nothing else.
4. It was made for the KJV and no other version. ( Sadly the newer ones have some of the RV material listed in them. )

I hold to the belief that the KJV is the 100% perfect preserved Word of God, therefore I never need Greek or Hebrew. I never have understood why so many KJVO folks like going to the Greek and Hebrew. If you believe that the KJV is God's preserved Word why do you even need Greek or Hebrew?

Now today while online I found a real treasure, a Cruden's Leather Bible Concordance. I had to order it at once. I will be gladly retiring my old hard back Cruden's Bible Concordance in just a few days. I just thought some of you also may like to obtain a Cruden's Leather Bible Concordance to help aid you in your Bible study.

http://www.bestbibleconcordance.com/

Atlas
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-21-2008, 10:48 PM

Wow, what a cool find. I just ordered one. Thanks bro.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 09-21-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:03 PM

Stephen,

I got mine and I love it brother. You'll love it also when you get it. I'm glad I could help a brother.

Atlas
Old 10-29-2008, 02:52 PM

The Cruden's is a CLASSIC! You can also get a SUPER nice leather edition from Allan and Sons Bibles. (sorry, you will have to Gogle that I do not have a link at hand)
Old 10-29-2008, 10:59 PM

Well I got mine a while ago. I was really disappointed with two things. First, the leather is separating from the text block just inside of the cover, and the concordance states:

"If the Revised Version of 1881 is used to make the meaning of the words clearer, this is indicated by an asterisk"

I wasn't prepared to see this in this concordance. I've never owned a Curden's before, so I had hoped that it was a concordance for a purist like myself. *sigh*

It really irks me that it so hard to get away from those perVersions. On the back of Dr. Douglas D. Stauffer's "One Book Rightly Divided" it says "Certified AV 1611 Compliant". I was like PRAISE JESUS, FINALLY! Hahaha... Now if only I could find more books that have that certification

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 AM

stephanos,

Quote:
"If the Revised Version of 1881 is used to make the meaning of the words clearer, this is indicated by an asterisk"
Yes sadly this is true, yet I think all Cruden's are like this.

Quote:
First, the leather is separating from the text block just inside of the cover
I'd send it back, mine has yet to do this. Maybe you got a bad one.

Atlas
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Default $19 Shipped on eBay

If anyone is interested, I found these on eBay just now.(I am not the seller)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crudens-Concorda...3286.m20.l1116
Old 04-23-2009, 07:19 AM

Default A Warning On leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
If anyone is interested, I found these on eBay just now.(I am not the seller)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crudens-Concorda...3286.m20.l1116
I used Crudens but found the completeness of Strong's and the layout to be more helpful to me. I rarely use the Greek and Hebrew dictionaries, where I found it to be "correcting" what the English word or text said, I merely discarded it.

I want to warn everyone of a form of binding you may not care for after your cover starts to crumble: Stay away from "bonded" leather. "Bonded" leather covers are like those desks and bookshelves you get at Odd Lots that are ground up wood pulp, that collapse, and can't be glued or nailed. Bonded leather is ground up leather fragments, leftover leather from other products, that is sprayed onto a backing and then heat molded. For real quality endurance, and as usual they are more expensive, if you can get a top grain leather binding it will last for decades. I never owned anything bound in bonded leather that ever lasted past 5 years. On the street, a good top grain cowhide leather binding it also great to shield you from a thrown beer bottle too.

Grace and peace

Tony