Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:19 PM

Default Handing Out Tracts Gets Man Beaten

None of us know exactly how we will react and feel when a critical situation arises in our life. OR CAN WE? Prepare your minds and hearts today, so that you will honor God when your time of testing comes up.
Would YOU keep on giving out tracts, after getting a beating?

http://compassdirect.org/en/display....idelement=5800

DHAKA, Bangladesh, February 5 (Compass Direct News) – Pilgrims to a massive Islamic conference near this capital city on Sunday (Feb. 1) beat and threatened to kill a Bible school student as he distributed Christian literature.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-30-2009, 04:40 AM

I know a woman with Cerebral Palsy that was handing out tracks and street witnessing in Los Angeles and was beaten by a bunch of punk rockers
Old 05-30-2009, 09:18 AM

Biblereader

Thanks for that link, that is a very informative site showing persecution of Christians by Muslims. There were some very disturbing stories there, especially the young man who was beheaded in front of a crowd for converting to Christianity.

http://compassdirect.org/en/display....idelement=5661
Old 05-30-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
None of us know exactly how we will react and feel when a critical situation arises in our life. OR CAN WE? Prepare your minds and hearts today, so that you will honor God when your time of testing comes up.

DHAKA, Bangladesh, February 5 (Compass Direct News) – Pilgrims to a massive Islamic conference near this capital city on Sunday (Feb. 1) beat and threatened to kill a Bible school student as he distributed Christian literature.
Sister biblereader,

Thanks for posting that link. I'm glad that you and sister Jassy have helped focus our eyes on the persecution our brothers and sisters in Christ endure around the world. I believe that He is VERY close to us when we must suffer for His Name's sake and that the rewards are incomprehensible.

Your sister in Christ,

Jennifer
Old 05-30-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post

Beth, while in the street ministry I and others have had rocks thrown at us, I was hit with a ziplock baggie of urine, we were cursed, threatened, had the cops called on us, one brother had a knife pulled on him, that was not in Mecca, that was in Dayton Ohio.

I don;t even consider "Islam" a religion, but the Stone Age cries of a pack of drug-induced savages.

Always remember and never forget: When we suffer for doing what is right by God and His words, we know we are doing what is right.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 05-30-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Beth, while in the street ministry I and others have had rocks thrown at us, I was hit with a ziplock baggie of urine, we were cursed, threatened, had the cops called on us, one brother had a knife pulled on him, that was not in Mecca, that was in Dayton Ohio.

I don;t even consider "Islam" a religion, but the Stone Age cries of a pack of drug-induced savages.

Always remember and never forget: When we suffer for doing what is right by God and His words, we know we are doing what is right.

Grace and peace

Tony
Dear Tony, being in a street ministry must be difficult. I have no idea as to the threats and dangers that come with being a street preacher, but, I do admire anyone who can put up with all that.
I will always remember that we are blessed when people hate me and revile me for talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And, that there is no NEW temptation that will present itself to me, that has not already been victoriously wrestled to the ground by Christians before me.
(on another subject...you know what's bugging me right now? That idiotic smilie that keeps dropping his jaw down. I wish I could turn it off, or type faster!)
How long were you in a street ministry, and how many others were with you, on an average night? Did you have to get a permit, or did the police question you?
Old 05-30-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I know a woman with Cerebral Palsy that was handing out tracks and street witnessing in Los Angeles and was beaten by a bunch of punk rockers
As I've said before, to someone else, the west coast is full of anti-christian, God hating loons. I visited Seattle, once, and could not believe the amount of hatred towards Jesus there was, in that city.
Some of the most vile, reprehensible attacks I have gotten, (in another forum), have come from people on the west coast. When I see California in their profile, I just groan, and hope maybe that person will be different.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:33 AM

I've had a couple of opportunities to preach in downtown Fort Worth (the real veterans are out there every week) and most of the hecklers I saw were professing Christians. And I'll tell you, it's really hard to preach over a bagpiper. I don't seek to be persecuted, but if I am, the Bible tells me how to react to it.

So many times we react with outrage and anger, disappointment with people, and a sense of "What is this country coming to?" But the Lord Himself said this in Matthew chapter 5:

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for
theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and
shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven:
for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

No, it's not easy to do. No, it doesn't make any sense. But it really means what it says. Just so that there's no personal interpretation problem with it, here are the Apostles' examples after they were beaten, from Acts chapter 5:

41 ¶ And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing
that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus...
Old 06-03-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainPaul View Post
I've had a couple of opportunities to preach in downtown Fort Worth (the real veterans are out there every week) and most of the hecklers I saw were professing Christians.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and
shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven:
for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

No, it's not easy to do.
41 ¶ And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing
that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus...
You're kidding, the hecklers were "Christians"?! What on earth made them act that way to you?
I know, it is a blessing from God to be reviled and hated by the world. It means we're on the right path. The straight and narrow.