Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:51 PM
jerry

Quote:
No it doesnt, it teaches regeneration before faith..a dead man cannot believe, faith is a fruit of the Spirit of God..
I just showed you several Bible passages that taught that faith comes before regeneration - yet, you argue based on your reasoning and no Bible to back it up. Since when is THAT how we are supposed to rightly divide the Bible?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-24-2008, 11:08 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I just showed you several Bible passages that taught that faith comes before regeneration - yet, you argue based on your reasoning and no Bible to back it up. Since when is THAT how we are supposed to rightly divide the Bible?
You just showed me your lack of understanding the bible, a dead man cant have faith..lol
Old 03-25-2008, 12:55 AM

I just did a quick search of the Gospels. I can't find one verse where Jesus says, "Thy wholeness has given thee faith."

Instead I find where He says, "Thy faith has made thee whole" and similar. How can that be?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:36 AM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I just did a quick search of the Gospels. I can't find one verse where Jesus says, "Thy wholeness has given thee faith."

Instead I find where He says, "Thy faith has made thee whole" and similar. How can that be?
As I have said faith is a Gift of God in order for the elect to realize their salvation..

Its a fruit of the spirit..

God should get all the glory for salvation, quit giving man glory..

Faith comes with salvation its all a gift of God eph 2:

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You dont even understand the most basics of bible truth lol
Old 03-25-2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Romans 10:8-17 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
So regeneration comes before salvation?

"Faith cometh by hearing," therefore hearing must cause regeneration. But wait, how can a dead man hear? So regeneration must come before hearing.
Quote:
lol
Old 03-25-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
As I have said faith is a Gift of God in order for the elect to realize their salvation..

Its a fruit of the spirit..

God should get all the glory for salvation, quit giving man glory..

Faith comes with salvation its all a gift of God eph 2:

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You dont even understand the most basics of bible truth lol
Of course, salvation by grace is the gift of God, but you have faith to accept it. Faith is not a work to boast of. It's pretty clear to me. lol
Old 03-25-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Would you not acknowledge there are different qualities and quantities of faith, love, joy, etc.? Would you claim that no unsaved person has ever experienced a type of love, joy, peace, etc.?

You seem to take great pride in your wisdom, but do you really understand the basics yourself?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:11 AM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
Agreed Fundy. They WILL not submit themselves to the authority of the precise meaning of the words of God.

How do they present the Gospel to the perishing when they can't assure the drug addict, gambler, fornicator, that if he falls, his sins are no longer forgiven? The prospect of guilt they impose on the sinner is unconscionably devoid of grace. The incipient step to hell is ever looming.

His yoke is easy, and His burden is light

Spot on, Debau!

Imagine the conversation as a heroin addict is brought to salvation after professing faith in Christ:

Loss of salvation person..." Congratulations brother, your sins are forgiven and you are on your way to heaven!!!"

Heroin addict...." I am so happy! thank God for saving me!"

LOSP ....." Dont get too comfortable, if you ever even think about taking another hit of heroin, its back to the lake of fire for you!!!"

Heroin addict..."What? but didnt you just say that Jesus died so that I didnt have to?, and his resurrection proved that he had the power over life and death?

LOSP ..." Yes, but that only works for the sins you committed in the past...anything bad that you do from now on condems you to hell again"

Heroin addict..."But i'm an ADDICT, I cant just stop...I'm thinking about heroin right now!! I cant do this by myself!!!"

LOSP...." Too bad!! you have to do your part as well, salvation isn't a free gift you know!"

Heroin addict...

fundy
Old 03-25-2008, 02:22 AM

By the way Beloved57, I take the "lol" you use to sign off with to mean "lots of love." I hope that's what it means as you have me doing it too now. lol
Old 03-25-2008, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
Spot on, Debau!

Imagine the conversation as a heroin addict is brought to salvation after professing faith in Christ:

Loss of salvation person..." Congratulations brother, your sins are forgiven and you are on your way to heaven!!!"

Heroin addict...." I am so happy! thank God for saving me!"

LOSP ....." Dont get too comfortable, if you ever even think about taking another hit of heroin, its back to the lake of fire for you!!!"

Heroin addict..."What? but didnt you just say that Jesus died so that I didnt have to?, and his resurrection proved that he had the power over life and death?

LOSP ..." Yes, but that only works for the sins you committed in the past...anything bad that you do from now on condems you to hell again"

Heroin addict..."But i'm an ADDICT, I cant just stop...I'm thinking about heroin right now!! I cant do this by myself!!!"

LOSP...." Too bad!! you have to do your part as well, salvation isn't a free gift you know!"

Heroin addict...

fundy
Great . I was wondering why they could come up with all these examples of pastors and people doing great works for the Lord who turn into wiccans or whatever when I can't think of any extreme examples like that. Maybe they do just give up because they recognize the futility.

lol (lots of love)