Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
And what do you believe should be done to the women who undergo those same abortions?
Technically, some of those women don't actually want an abortion... they just feel pressured into it and since they're unsaved and don't believe it's "sin", they go ahead and do it. Many women who have had abortions end up regretting it later... and have to deal with the guilt of killing their babies. However, the doctors that perform these abortions aren't doing it because "oops, I got pregnant"... they purposely chose to do that kind of work.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBPrincess View Post
Technically, some of those women don't actually want an abortion... they just feel pressured into it and since they're unsaved and don't believe it's "sin", they go ahead and do it. Many women who have had abortions end up regretting it later... and have to deal with the guilt of killing their babies. However, the doctors that perform these abortions aren't doing it because "oops, I got pregnant"... they purposely chose to do that kind of work.
A great truth, I have seen this first-hand.
Some of the most strident pro-life women I have ever met were formerly subject to the coercion of a carefully worded "pitch" by the abortionist. Abortion is big business: In April, the annual report of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (largest abortion provider in America) revealed that the abortion giant had a total income of $1.02 billion—with reported profits of nearly $115 million.

According to the Guttmacher Institute, abortionist murderers are now killing almost ONE QUARTER of our population. Margaret Sanger would be proud of this horrible eugenics program---it's what she always envisioned.

And what market-distorting results do we get for those government incentives? 289,650 abortions in 2006.

A researcher who has spent over a decade examining the economic impact of abortion finds that the approximately 50.5 million abortions in the U.S. since 1970 have cost the American economy $35 TRILLION. That comes in the form of lost productivity by having fewer workers contributing to society.

Those contributions also come in the form of taxpayers contributing to state, federal and local governments that would have had more funds to pay teachers, offer health care benefits or put more police on the streets.

The cost to the economy also includes the lost support for the social security system, which experts say still presents a host of challenges for the future and questions about whether younger Americans will receive anything from it...

The question of the economic impact of abortion has come up before.

Steven Mosher, president of the Population Research Institute said last year that “When you look at the projections that show our population aging rapidly over the next few decades, when you see our economy and government programs such as Social Security risking bankruptcy, you can see that the United States’ annual 0.9% population growth rate is not enough." http://www.lifenews.com/nat2662.html

Howard has been warning since 1997 that the US faced a major financial crisis based on ongoing demographic trends.

In 1997, he wrote: “I see little hope that we can avoid an eventual crash on Wall Street that will make the 1930’s looking like cashing in your cards after a bad game of Monopoly."

He cites the Soviet Union as an example of a nation that allowed unlimited abortions to wreck its economy.

“The main reason for their collapse was internal – 300 abortions for every 100 live birth," he said. "Right now, there are not enough younger women to reverse their population decline. They are expected to lose another 40 million people between now and 2050.” more on that here:
http://www.lifenews.com/nat4440.html

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-27-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
(This coming from a guy who strongly believes every doctor that has performed an abortion should be executed for murder by the government of his/her own state.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
And what do you believe should be done to the women who undergo those same abortions?
Quote:
So, should we hold the unsaved doctors to a higher standard than the unsaved pregnant women?

The child is still dead.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
This can't be emphasized enough. I am not a fan of Frank Peretti's, but he wrote a book called "Prophet" which exposes the abortion industry more fully and fearlessly than anything I've ever read - - - and this was in the context of a novel! Some of Peretti's other books strike me as unbearably hokey, but this was very well done, and I'd recommend it to anyone who cares about this subject.

Have you read it, Bro. Parrish? You'd love it.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Bro. Parrish

No brother I haven't read that book, but thanks for the heads up, I might check into it...
Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
s_vandeusen8402

I am actually going through something similar right now. I am pregnant with my second child and they found a blood clot in my uterus. There is a possibility that this blood clot could cause a uterine rupture and if this happens, they would have no choice but to take the baby. I am over 19 weeks pregnant a uterine rupture could kill me and the baby, the baby would have a very, very small chance of surviving, but it would still be more of a chance than leaving him in the womb. If they end up having to take him before 24 weeks, he won't be considered "viable" and if he doesn't survive, it would be considered a partial birth abortion. This is a very tough situation, but I wouldn't consider for a second not trying everything to save his life and my life, since I have a 16 month at home. If something does happen and he doesn't survive, would I consider myself a murderer? No, because I would have done what was necessary to try and save us both.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:29 PM

Default Comments: y s_vandeusen8402

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_vandeusen8402 View Post
I am actually going through something similar right now. I am pregnant with my second child and they found a blood clot in my uterus. There is a possibility that this blood clot could cause a uterine rupture and if this happens, they would have no choice but to take the baby. I am over 19 weeks pregnant a uterine rupture could kill me and the baby, the baby would have a very, very small chance of surviving, but it would still be more of a chance than leaving him in the womb. If they end up having to take him before 24 weeks, he won't be considered "viable" and if he doesn't survive, it would be considered a partial birth abortion. This is a very tough situation, but I wouldn't consider for a second not trying everything to save his life and my life, since I have a 16 month at home. If something does happen and he doesn't survive, would I consider myself a murderer? No, because I would have done what was necessary to try and save us both.

Aloha sister,

I am in complete agreement with you and hope and pray that you will not have to face this ordeal. But, and if you do, I believe you will have done everything humanly possible, and as such, I believe your judgment to be Scriptural and justified.

Don't let anyone (anywhere) put a load of "guilt" upon you - whatever you and your husband decide!

May God bless you, your husband, your toddler, and your unborn child.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:17 AM
s_vandeusen8402

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha sister,

I am in complete agreement with you and hope and pray that you will not have to face this ordeal. But, and if you do, I believe you will have done everything humanly possible, and as such, I believe your judgment to be Scriptural and justified.

Don't let anyone (anywhere) put a load of "guilt" upon you - whatever you and your husband decide!

May God bless you, your husband, your toddler, and your unborn child.

Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers, they really mean a lot to me. This is a very difficult time for me and my family and I am very appreciative of your support.

God Bless

Old 12-30-2008, 12:27 AM
s_vandeusen8402

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
So it is ok to kill someone if someone is supposedly going to die anyway? Murder is still murder. Why don't we just trust God in these rare situations rather than murder the baby?

Because, in later pregnancy before the baby is considered "age of viability" (which is 24 weeks) it's usually not done to "kill" the baby to save the mother. If there is a life threatening condition concerning the mother and the baby, the baby is taken early for a better chance of survival, it's done to save both of them. It is true that if the baby doesn't survive and it is born before 24 weeks, it's listed as partial birth abortion, but it is in no means a purposeful one. It is done to give the baby the best chance of survival, when it's life is threaten because the womb and the mother's body can no longer support it's life.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 AM
s_vandeusen8402

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
I'm a mom to two young boys and my husband said he would never want to lose me, but both us and our church believe that murder is wrong for ANY reason. I don't know why this concept is so difficult for people...it's emotional for sure, but the Biblical commands are clear here so we just have to put our emotions in check and OBEY.

It is very easy to say what one would do IF faced with a certain situation, but it is completely different when the situation becomes reality. I hope beyond hope that you never have to face a situation like this, but please do not be quick to judge others.