Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:11 PM

Chette

In Luke 19 the Lord identifies the day they rejected him.

Luke 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

Jer 50:31 Behold, I am against thee, O thou most proud, saith the Lord GOD of hosts: for thy day is come, the time that I will visit thee.

You notice that Jesus pronounced the destruction of Jerusalem.

Many disciples did accept Jesus as King on this day.

Luke 19:37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

But the Pharisees, chief priests, scribes, and chief of the people did not.

Luke 19:39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Luke 19:47 And he taught daily in the temple. But the chief priests and the scribes and the chief of the people sought to destroy him,

Last edited by Winman; 06-06-2009 at 08:29 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-06-2009, 08:46 PM

And Chette, the chief priests and the scribes themselves knew when they rejected Christ.

Luke 20:9 Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a vineyard, and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time.
10 And at the season he sent a servant to the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty.
11 And again he sent another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully, and sent him away empty.
12 And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out.
13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him. 14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.
15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?
16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.
17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
19 And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

In this parable the husbandmen kill the son. Upon killing the son, the lord of the vineyard decides he will destroy the husbandmen and give the vineyard to others. Jesus identifies this son as the stone which the builders rejected, the Jews were very familiar with this verse. And verse 19 says that the chief priests and scribes themselves realized the parable was spoken against them.

The rejection of Christ is when the Jews refused to accept Jesus as the Son of God and crucified him. The rejection was not later after his resurrection.

Last edited by Winman; 06-06-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 PM

If I can find it at home, I'll post up the study my old Pastor in Australia did showing that the day of visitation, and "this" day was the exact day Daniel prophesied the Messiah would come in Dan 9.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:52 PM

http://www.libertybaptistchurch.org....answers/55.pdf

Here it is online. It's a long read - and the start is proving the day of the decree that goes forth, signalling the beginning of the 490 years, and the last half proves the day. It's a good study. I should read it again soon.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:00 PM

Thank you Luke, that was a very interesting and informative article.