Missions Support For missionaries and those who wish to support them. This forum is strictly for missions aid request, support, praise, and prayer. Off-topic posts will be deleted unceremoniously!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2008, 11:47 PM

Default Literature for the Philippines

Thanks to the administrator and members of this forum with the heart for missions!

The following are our needs:

1. KING JAMES BIBLES
Our church is starting a new work in a nearby barangay (village) that has no Bible-believing, Gospel-preaching church. We need Bibles for our Bible study centers every week.

2. GOSPEL TRACTS
We print our own tracts (English or in the dialect) but can only produce 500 copies. Street preachers and pastors in remote islands (some of them I barely know, but are really laboring for the Lord) are asking me to also send them gospel tracts. It is beyond our church's ability to provide for them, hope you can send us tracts that we can use as well as send to those who need them more than we do.

3. BOOKS for Bible school library
We need books for the Bible school where I teach. I already received two boxes of much needed books on the KJV issue from George. Praise the Lord for your "book sending" ministry, Bro. George! Others who want to help, we still need books on courses related to Theology/Bible Doctrines, Right Division/Dispensationalism, Christian Music (By the way, I teach free piano lessons to all our Bible students, but we need piano books for the beginning hymn player), Christian Womanhood, Pastoral Theology & Church Administration, Christian Education, English Grammar, Evangelism, etc.

4. VBS & Sunday School Materials
My friend, who is a pastor of an Independent Baptist church that has a missionary to Kalayan Islands (Batanes), presented to me the need of Sunday School & VBS materials there. That northernmost place of our country is very poor, and it's risky to go there. The pastor goes to Manila churches every six months and would literally "beg" all he could before going back with the badly needed materials for the people he ministered to.

5. HYMNALS
Our church of 40-60 in weekly attendance have less than 20 hymnals. As soon as we are able to start that new church in another barangay, we will be needing more hymn books.

6. A.C.E. PACEs (School of Tomorrow)
The school where I graduated kindergarten to high school needs used PACEs, as well as books in their "obsolete" library, too.

7. Other material goods you may wish to share are also welcome. We have a "poor ministering to the poor" program once a year during December or any other month (we started this two years ago), when our church members gather whatever they want to share to those who have received the gospel but are in deeper poverty than we are. Sometimes we can only gather about six plastic bags to distribute to the poor, newly saved families. Clothing, medicine, and shoes are also needed by our Bible students (usually less privileged people go to Bible school).

A testimony: Bro. Brandon, you're site is an answer to prayer. I joined AV1611.com/forums during my "silent years" (voice rest) simply because I have nothing else to do. I'm a preacher and a Bible teacher without a voice. Much better spend some time "debating". Then (a bit losing hope concerning my condition) I finally posted my prayer request. Little did I know that God will not only answer my prayer (I still have the vocal fold polyp, but he has now restored my voice back!), but ANSWERED above all that I asked or even thought of. He has given me new friends (that most of them I didn't see face to face), and He is helping me minister through the help of certain missions-hearted friends. I THANK THE LORD FOR YOU ALL!

For the love of Christ,
Bro. Sammy
1Cor.15:58

E-mail: sgt1611@yahoo.com
Church Website: www.companions.minihost.org