General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:30 PM

Default Coming soon to a church near you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfxa_...e=channel_page
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-11-2009, 04:44 AM

I can't see it happening here in the church I attend,but in some of the city churches maybe,I'm in NZ by the way..The dresses and suit didn't go with the dance routine ... but I don't like this sort of thing anyway.I don't think it is Godly.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:17 AM

Just another example of "entertainment" to bring in the lost, replacing the word of God with song and dance routines will only keep people entertained for an hour, but will it keep their very souls out of hell, NO.
I would much rather see people cringe under the conviction of the Holy Ghost and get saved under the preaching of Gods word rather than cringe watching this farce and have no affect on their very salvation.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Old 05-11-2009, 05:34 AM

I've always told my church, as long as I live, nothing like that would happen in our church. The next generation will have to fight their own battle; and I have my own this generation. I'm still not convinced that this thing is compatible with Biblical Christianity and Godly worship. But I always warn them; it's "coming soon" (and not just in theaters); sooner or later, it will be "now showing".
Old 05-11-2009, 11:54 AM

The only thing needed now is the fairy dust.

Entertainment is not coming,it is already here. Finding salvation,well, that's another thing.

Mark 11v15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.

17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.

This is what Jesus thought about moneychangers in the temple.
So how different is it for entertainment?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:38 PM

For a while, our evening service was over early (so the old folks could get home before dark). My wife and I decided we weren't done with "church" for the day and started attending some of the area "Bible-believing" churches. Some were eliminated quickly when the preacher started "misquoting" the text. Others did not appeal for various reasons. One church not far from us had a young pastor that was very passionate with his preaching. He used the KJB and was instrumental in the rapid growth of his church. We started going more regularly, because we found the church to be enjoyable to attend just as "average Christians".

THEN...

One night they had a talent show during the evening service. One of the groups performing was a group of teen-age girls clogging to a country-style "christian" song. Their costumes consisted of tee-shirts and jeans (not loose-fitting!). If you know anything about clogging, you will understand that when they faced the audience, one part was bouncing quite noticeably, and then when they turned away from the audience, the other part was likewise bouncing. I looked down at my feet as soon as I saw the first action, and after glancing to see if it had subsided (which did not happen), I spent the rest of the song staring at my shoes. We never returned.

That church has been struggling with one problem after another as so many "new" members came in looking to be entertained that they dragged down the strong witness the church once had.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:20 PM

In a way, it was funny. Not only was the "song and dance" cheesey as all get out, it was dishonoring to the Lord. So as quickly as I started laughing, I stopped thinking that this is how the world is now percieving mainline "Christianity." I just have one question for that church...why? Ok...one more...what were you thinking?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:27 PM

I am curious as to what was in the minds of the performers. Were they actually thinking that they were representing Christ as their song implies?

Hey, GT... Would you like to guess what Bible is used in that church?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:54 AM

I would love to know. If anyone can find out what church that was, we can do some research. I will grant you that it was probably not a church where the KJ is used.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:01 AM

My initial reaction to "praise dancing" was not good.