Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltfed_0331 View Post
Thank you for the thought. I am going to do more research on this topic. Initially, I do believe there is a difference or they would all be the same. I know there are many references with the single word spirit or Spirit. The word holy Spirit would reference the Holy Ghost as an individual being, and Holy Spirit a reference to the Triune Diety of Christ. I feel I need to study more to feel secure in my belkief on this topic.
The subject has a lot of ramifications. The King James Translators and well as it editors have their reasons. But little is said about it, I think we are all hesitating.

I do not think the holy Spirit is reference to the Holy Ghost. Although many do, I think when Holy Ghost is used it is refering to the third person of the Trinity.

holy Spirit could be a referal to

[KJ] And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: Ezekiel 11:19
[KJ] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? Ezekiel 18:31
[KJ] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26