Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:13 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
I guess when the LORD sees fit Scott, we will ourselves be enlightened on the subject or some other brother will add to the topic

Apparently he has already enlightened us on the subject, the King James Translator where enlightened on the subject, however we choice not the deal with it due to the implications that they bring. What do you think the implication could be? Is the holy Spirit, Holy Spirit, and holy spirit different than the Holy Ghost?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-02-2008, 10:16 AM

Default This is a great study for me.

Thank you for the thought. I am going to do more research on this topic. Initially, I do believe there is a difference or they would all be the same. I know there are many references with the single word spirit or Spirit. The word holy Spirit would reference the Holy Ghost as an individual being, and Holy Spirit a reference to the Triune Diety of Christ. I feel I need to study more to feel secure in my belkief on this topic.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltfed_0331 View Post
Thank you for the thought. I am going to do more research on this topic. Initially, I do believe there is a difference or they would all be the same. I know there are many references with the single word spirit or Spirit. The word holy Spirit would reference the Holy Ghost as an individual being, and Holy Spirit a reference to the Triune Diety of Christ. I feel I need to study more to feel secure in my belkief on this topic.
I will do some research too, I just thought of a few things, I will post it as soon as I have some time.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
I guess when the LORD sees fit Scott, we will ourselves be enlightened on the subject or some other brother will add to the topic
Conjector on the Holy Ghost has been nelgected, you can see just how people write and talk.
If they cared enough then they would deal with it.
But the problem is that it rocks their boat, and we can't have that!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:35 AM

Your true colours are starting to shine through my friend. I will not add comment on a topic until I have studied the word of God and He has given me something to write about and am grounded in what I am writing. God does not reveal all when asked right there and then, its given by His will and His will alone. Your posts lately have not been coming from the angle of one who seeks truth but one who seeks to sow discord.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Your true colours are starting to shine through my friend. I will not add comment on a topic until I have studied the word of God and He has given me something to write about and am grounded in what I am writing. God does not reveal all when asked right there and then, its given by His will and His will alone. Your posts lately have not been coming from the angle of one who seeks truth but one who seeks to sow discord.
Judge anyway you want, I would just like anyone to anwser why. Nearly 400 years and all the doctrines that men have, you would think someone would a lest a opinion to toss around.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
But the problem is that it rocks their boat, and we can't have that!
Ok take a minute and judge yourself by your own words.

I rocked your boat with Alex Jones. Were you receptive to the truth I shared?

I have never called you any names nor likened you to hypocrates. But you have done that to me.

Why? because I rocked your boat.

it is just that some only have only oar in the water and others have no oars and just float around.

head for shore and take a break you have your boat full with all your posts in different forums. seems you need to unload your hold and clean up.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Ok take a minute and judge yourself by your own words.

I rocked your boat with Alex Jones. Were you receptive to the truth I shared?

I have never called you any names nor likened you to hypocrates. But you have done that to me.

Why? because I rocked your boat.

it is just that some only have only oar in the water and others have no oars and just float around.

head for shore and take a break you have your boat full with all your posts in different forums. seems you need to unload your hold and clean up.

I am sorry i did not mean to likened you to a hypocrate, but the point I meant was the other thing should not be left undone.\\

You know Chette, I am starting to think most these doctrines don't mean anything. If we are going to rock each other boat, I would rather just agree with you. So peace, I wish only to filter through and find the truth without disagreeing with any of you.
If you answer my question I appreciate it, if you have anything that helps I'll listen.
Again peace
Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Scott,

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine

Let me make it quite clear that I am not judging you, I think that you are focusing more on questions that are far from where you should be starting when it comes to understanding fundamental doctrines and truth's.
I have never thought on the topic you brought up with this post, and I most certainly wont wade in when I have no opinion formed on the subject. I have prayed that God will show me in HIS time, so it is left there. Brother, I suggest you do the same.

You quoted
"Judge anyway you want, I would just like anyone to anwser why. Nearly 400 years and all the doctrines that men have, you would think someone would a lest a opinion to toss around."
The underlined is your problem, you are focused on doctrines of men. If an opinion has not been formed on the subject in 400 years then its almost certainly not going to be established in the space of a post.

Hebrews 13:9
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Romans 8:24-16
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 09-11-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Scott,

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine

Let me make it quite clear that I am not judging you, I think that you are focusing more on questions that are far from where you should be starting when it comes to understanding fundamental doctrines and truth's.
I have never thought on the topic you brought up with this post, and I most certainly wont wade in when I have no opinion formed on the subject. I have prayed that God will show me in HIS time, so it is left there. Brother, I suggest you do the same.

You quoted
"Judge anyway you want, I would just like anyone to anwser why. Nearly 400 years and all the doctrines that men have, you would think someone would a lest a opinion to toss around."
The underlined is your problem, you are focused on doctrines of men. If an opinion has not been formed on the subject in 400 years then its almost certainly not going to be established in the space of a post.

Hebrews 13:9
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Romans 8:24-16
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered
Thanks for your input