General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:20 PM

Default Spiritual Anger

Quote:
Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
There are two emotions that come over me when I'm discussing spiritual topics depending on the group that I'm speaking with. When I witness to unbelievers I often find myself very sadden by their denial. I know it's a seed planted but after some of the responses I received I can't help but to be sad. I had a recent conversation with a coworker where he denied God and all of His work and uplifted his belief in science and evolution. He is very knowledgeable in these fields but I can only thing that comes to mind after talking with him are verses such as

Quote:
I Corinthians 3:19- For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness

I Corinthians 1:19-For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent

I Corinthians 1:20-Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
It just saddens me when he and many others think there wisdom will bring them a good life or everlasting life.

Now let me talk about the other emotion. There are some biblical topics and doctrines that are debated amongst believers (even though there should be unity) because they are not directly addressed in scripture. These aren't the things that get to me. It is the doctrines that are clear in the scriptures. I get angry when scriptures are clear cut, black and white, no gray areas, but gray areas are created. I can't understand how when scriptures make a clear statement but other brothers and sisters go around that statement or make a gray area. Now going back to the scripture at the top of the post. Even though these things anger me, I don’t look down on the person or think of them any differently. I don’t think of myself as better than them. I just get angry when gray areas or scriptures aren’t followed. The anger is not directed at them. I don’t know where the anger is directed to though (something I want to find out).
I don't know if this happens to others. I just wanted to share this to open a discussion and get advice or personal experience .
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-24-2008, 01:29 PM

The scriptures are black and white and red. no gray areas.
Being Baptist and going to a Quaker church,i have seen a lot of Gray,the more i privately speak with the pastor the more i see him as having the same beliefs as i and the Baptist church, and not so much of the Quaker. In this church there are many,many different denominations,Baptist(myself and my parents) Catholics,Nazarene, some from the Maharishi (TM) and others.

The pastor preaches one way,but will give other ways as well,such as the Rapture, He preached Pre Tribulation Rapture,(That is what i believe),but also included the other views of the Rapture,(I don't believe). SO why include them? Well,unfortunately with different denominations, it seems as though he is trying to appease those with itching ears.

If i remember correctly,his sermon on Revelation was taught in a way to look at it as:Speculation,Tribulation and Interpretation I was angered when he had left out the last 4 verses of Revelation, that said not to add or subtract to it. They also use the NIV.
Do you suppose that is the reason for excluding those verses?

The problem i have, is with Discouragement,there doesn't seem to be anyone around who likes to discuss the Bible, if they do it is very shallow.

26 years of being saved and i feel like i am still a baby christian,3months ago it took an Atheistic Jew to get me motivated into really searching in the Bible and to Learn and Live it.

Myself and others who first became saved are just not getting the support they need.
The Sunday school i went to as a child was taught by teen agers,all they cared to talk about was Baseball or Sports,until my father spoke to the Pastor,but after a while it went back to the way it was.

Is it any wonder i havn't been back to Sunday school?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 PM

I just came back from a funeral for one of my uncles. Due to distances, its hard to visit my extended family very much, therefor my parents and I, being the only saved people in the whole family, get very burdened for their souls, especially around funerals.
To make a much longer story shorter, the Unitarian "reverend" stood there in front of 100 greiving masonic family members, and assured them over and over how God is loving, and that my uncle was in heaven, and with them in spirit, etc.
Later on, during the reception at the lodge (I was covered head to feet in the Blood), I had a chance to speak to that "reverend" (Nicolaitan?). He said his main ministry was to the dying, assuring them of easy passage. I asked him if my uncle had been born again, to which the answer was no, then I asked him if Jesus was lying in John 3:3. Among other points, I quoted him around five scriptures for each point, all in relation to my uncle's salvation, or lack thereof. He was visibly upset, for the entrance of the Word was casting light on his apostacy. Now, both my mother and I each wrote very careful, loving letters to my uncle before he died, pleading with grace and love that he listen to the gospel of Jesus Christ. The rest of the family, being entrenched in masonry, blocked these attempts.
The anger I feel is at that "reverend", who the family DID listen to and let talk to my uncle, yet he completely perverted the Gospel into a lie that possibly cost my uncle his eternal life.
I've encountered grave apostacy left and right amongst professing christians everywhere I go (except at my new church, Praise God!), and it greives my soul to see their blank stares of unbeleif and pre-programming when actual truth is presented in the most loving, graceful way I can muster.
Also, when trying to witness in my workplace, on the street, and to my neighbors, I encounter such blindness, such willful ignorance, such scoffing and rejection of the Gospel, I often get greatly discouraged.
I won't even get into the stuff that I encountered at my old church.

I've undertaken an evangelism course and I'm about 15 weeks in. I have definately learned alot about the Biblical way to evangelize, and God has sent certain people along my path where the entire process went so perfectly, that I came away thankful that God showed me that I can be useful for Him, I am able to use what I'm learning.
I've read the promises in scripture, the examples, the admonitions about soul-winning, and I do beleive them, yet I still find my spirit beaten down, requiring much restoration in prayer on a daily basis.
I have also been laboring to share the gospel with someone very close to me, whom I have grown to love, from before I was saved. This area seems to be the worst of them all.
I've studied the Bible versions, I've studied authority of scripture, I know an awful lot about creation refuting evolution (which is a very common objection to the Bible), and the evangelism course has taught me many methods and analogies to use, but yet..
I guess I'm just trying to say I am mad at satan for his relentless assault on all fronts at keeping the people I love and care for away from the Saviour. Sometimes its so discouraging, I have difficulty enjoying the Joy of the Lord because I am so burdened sometimes. I know satan is just flaunting his works in front of me, knowing that I see them all for what they are, and taunting me into giving up by showing me what I'm up against.
I know I have the victor on my side, and working through me. I know I need to trust more on the Lord, focus on purity and yeilding control to the Holy Spirit to make me a better vessel, but its a fight, Oh Lord is it a fight.
My Flesh doth WAR against my Spirit!
I know somehow the remedy is more time in scripture, more time on my knees, more effort on my part, and more trusting in the Lord.

I guess I can answer my own questions, I know where more and more effort is needed. I then in turn become greived when I let the burdens of the day keep me away from the work to be done when I'm alone.

I apologize for the long post, without any edification to you all. I guess I just ask that you say a quick prayer for me, that this soldier would press on.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:49 PM

That you have not quit speaks to the source of your strength. Though knocked down over and over, the Christian soldier rises again, not in his own strength, but in the power of God's Holy Spirit. Fight the good fight! Stand in the strength of the LORD. The battle IS WON!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Spiritual Anger

Aloha brothers in Christ,

It has become obvious to me (although it has taken over 30 years for me to "get a hold" of it), that if we have any genuine concern for the lost; our families; or for the brethren, that we are going to get down-hearted, saddened, disappointed, and even "angry" at times (I lost count as to how many times I have, in the past 50 years).

The problem (for me) has been that more often than not, I have been trying to accomplish things for God in the flesh (carnal) instead of by His Spirit - ". . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." [Zechariah 4:6] It sounds so "simple", but carrying out God's will for our lives involves having to trust God - and everything in our "old man" resists trusting God (especially in today's "materialistic" world).

Our duty is to testify (with His Holy word); God's duty is to "convict" and to "convince" - through the Holy Spirit (NOT us); and man's (men & women - Lost or Saved) responsibility is to BELIEVE!

Nowadays, when I get discouraged, I try to remember this verse and apply it to the situation at hand:

{John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.}

Think about it - we have been "promised" tribulation; but on the other hand we have been "assured" that our Lord and Saviour has overcome the world, and ultimately we will be "victors" in Him and because of Him.

As born-again believers we must learn to "trust" God - those words were written down (and preserved) for us so that we "might have peace" (not be disheartened). Trust God (for everything) "be of good cheer" He has overcome the world!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Nothing wrong with righteous anger.

Jeremiah 6:10-11
To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.

11 Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD; I am weary with holding in: I will pour it out upon the children abroad, and upon the assembly of young men together: for even the husband with the wife shall be taken, the aged with him that is full of days.

I haven't had to bury an unsaved loved one since I've been saved. Speak the truth in love. I'm sure the Lord has given you more of it. Speak with boldness brother!

1 Corinthians 7:29
But this I say, brethren, the time is short !!!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:50 AM

As Born Again, Bible Believing Christians, can we expect any better treatment or hospitality in this world than our Saviour? Because your witnessing may bring forth rebuke and contempt, who is to say that 4 or 5 years down the line, that person falls into deep spiritual trouble and the words that you spoke to them regarding The Gospel Of Christ come to fruition and then it is accepted and that soul may be saved.
I guess if we were able to save everyone that we witnessed to right in that moment, we would become somewhat complacent, whereas tribulation allows us to remain humble. Humble that in our own weakness we cannot save them all, but in our weakness we have the strength of God.

1Co 1:25
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men
Col 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

In My Savior's Name The LORD Jesus Christ