General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
TomtheCat

Default Good Solid Bible Believing Churches

Does anyone know of a great Bible Believing church in Grand Forks, ND.

One that does not look down on PBI.
Thanks..

I maybe working in that town shortly.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 PM

Any Independant Fundamental Baptist church is going to be ok. Just make sure they're not hyper calvinists or hyper dispensationalists and that they stand 100% solely on the KJB (AMEN!). Best way to do this is by phone. Get a phone book and ask around.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-14-2008, 07:23 PM

And it's probably best not to show up for the Sunday morning service with a Ruckman commentary under your arm.

I don't think it's necessary to 'advertise' that I use Brother Ruckman's books and tapes for study; I try to be wise and harmless...

I've been friendly with a PCC graduate for several years, and we've had some discussions about the differences between PBI and PCC. I've read some stuff he offered me, from his classes at PCC, and I've lent him books and tapes by Brother Ruckman. Sometimes if you go slow, you can get them to see that PBI isn't quite as horrible as they've been taught...

...might even convert them to a Ruckmanite...
Old 11-14-2008, 09:07 PM
TomtheCat

I know to look and call them then ask the questions. I just wanted to cut out the long process. I was asking because I thought someone here would know of one.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:09 PM

Sorry, I'm on the other side of the "Great Land Between Two Great Waters"

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 AM

http://www.bbcgf.org/ I believe I have heard him preach on radi a few times but cannot tell you his beliefs. God bless.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomtheCat View Post

Thanks..

Tom:

I went to biblebelievers.com and found a church for you to check out:

Bible Baptist Church, Pastor Mike Custer, 6367 Gateway Drive, Grand Forks, ND 58201 (701-746-7516)

http://www.bbcgf.org/index.php
Old 11-15-2008, 05:25 PM
TomtheCat

yes I seen that church. The articles of faith are blank. I wondered if anyone has met him in person. Has he had Sam Gipp, Bro. Gardner of Amazing Grace Missions - Fair Booth Ministry, Buddy Blunkal, or even Tim Green. Those are a few men that I enjoy hearing them preach.

My favorite Pastor who I've heard on tape only is Steve Stergeon in Dillion MT. His preaching is GOOD!!!
Some don't like his attitude I would like to meet him some day. He came by our church and was asked to open in prayer and I was working that night so I missed him.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks..

I would suggest a Conservative, Traditional Anglican Church. But I may be a tad biased on this.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
yes I seen that church. The articles of faith are blank. I wondered if anyone has met him in person. Has he had Sam Gipp, Bro. Gardner of Amazing Grace Missions - Fair Booth Ministry, Buddy Blunkal, or even Tim Green. Those are a few men that I enjoy hearing them preach.

My favorite Pastor who I've heard on tape only is Steve Stergeon in Dillion MT. His preaching is GOOD!!!
Some don't like his attitude I would like to meet him some day. He came by our church and was asked to open in prayer and I was working that night so I missed him.
I think that web site is under construction, as there were other areas that were 'blank'.

I went to a KJ church for years, but at one point it started slipping towards apostasy. I supplemented my church with CDs by Brothers Ruckman and Peacock. I continued listening to those CDs to get me through our search for a new church.

The closest 'Ruckman' church to us is a four hour drive away, so we found the best we could in the area.

We really enjoy our new church: our pastor is not a PBI graduate, but he uses Brother Ruckman's commentaries. His teaching is sound and the fellowship is sweet. He doesn't get as fired up as I like my preaching, but he's good.

And I still listen to those CDs.

Brother, you might not find a 'Ruckman' type of church in the area, but if they are King James Bible believing, you should do well. You might do as I have: supplement your church with other preaching that you enjoy.