Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:07 PM

I often wonder about the Loch Ness monster. It seems many lakes have similar creatures lurking below the water, each very similar in description and often suggested to be dinosaurs.

Not meaning to re-introduce the Gap Fact/Theory (Fact coming before Theory in terms of the alphabet ), but if dinosaurs were destroyed during Noah's flood why wouldn't it be possible for some of these to have survived until today, hiding in these deep bodies of water.

Does it really matter? Is my salvation in any way effected by all this?

Not at all. It's just interesting.

Harley
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-30-2008, 07:13 PM

I too am fascinated by dinosaurs, especially the Loch Ness Monster, and all the other similar creatures that lurk in lakes all over the world! I've done a lot of reading on it. Not sure why it's so fascinating to me. I personally thing they are plesiosaurs.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Not sure why it's so fascinating to me.
I've been asked before why I'm interested in whether or not there were dinosaurs, as well as why I believe there were unicorn's, dragons, satyrs, and the like. As has been discussed numerous times on this board, I believe the men who translated our King James bible to be the highly intelligent men that they were and, for example, if they had ment rhino rather than unicorn they would have said so. I realize I differ from others in this opinion and we can agree to disagree.

I look at the platypus and the dodo - wonderful creatures, certainly with a cartoon like quality. Then I consider the panda bear surrounded by its green habitat and the penguin with wings that does not fly.

The behemoth and leviathan, I wonder why we have to deprive them being magnificient creatures, along with the unicorns and the dragons etc and find someway to make the extraordinary ordinary.
There is certainly nothing ordinary about our Creator or the manner in which He created. I don't understand it, I simply marvel at it:

Ps 72:18 ¶ Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.

Why do we insist that because we have never seen one of these they could not have possibly existed? Rhetorical question.

Harley
Old 12-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Bro. Parrish

Hey guys thanks for your comments here,
I love learning about dinosaurs too...

Harley, I think the Loch Ness monster story was greatly damaged when it was revealed the famous surgeon's photo had been a hoax, however let me quickly add, there may have been a real creature there to start the stories long before that photo was ever made, and there are similar stories from many other witnesses around the world of strange sea creatures, so who knows. I agree with you, as the Coelacanth and the Megamouth Shark (Megachasma pelagios) have already proven, scientists really have no idea what lurks in the deep oceans.

Josh, I agree there there is plenty of evidence suggesting that dragons or dinosaurs may have been seen by modern man, all it takes is an open mind and an honest review of the evidence. If you haven't already, please check out my first post on this thread, I have several very good links under the section "Evidence for Men and Dinosaurs together." Please feel free to add more links and articles, God bless...

From Job 40:

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:07 PM

England alone has hundreds of eye-witness accounts of dragons. And some of these reports were documented by Kings themselves, not silly persons.

Here is a fascinating site about Dinosaurs in past history.

http://s8int.com/dinolit1.html
Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Bro. Parrish

Speaking of DRAGONS, here's something you might enjoy...

In 2004, a dinosaur/dragon skull with “dragon-like horns and teeth” was given to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis and is called dracorex hogwartsia. The first part of that word is Latin (draco) for dragon:
http://www.crministriesphilly.com/additionalinformation

LOL, they even named it after the Harry Potter dragon, see links below...
Dinosaur is dead ringer for Potter dragon
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle724781.ece
http://www.hmnh.org/archives/2006/05...-dear-readers/

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 12-31-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Speaking of DRAGONS, here's something you might enjoy...

In 2004, a dinosaur/dragon skull with “dragon-like horns and teeth” was given to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis and is called dracorex hogwartsia. The first part of that word is Latin (draco) for dragon:
http://www.crministriesphilly.com/additionalinformation

LOL, they even named it after the Harry Potter dragon, see links below...
Dinosaur is dead ringer for Potter dragon
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle724781.ece
http://www.hmnh.org/archives/2006/05...-dear-readers/
GOOD NIGHT! What is that! Is that for real?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Bro. Parrish

Yes brother it's for real.
Here's the funny part: to evolutionists this is just another Dinosaur which LOOKS LIKE a Dragon. They quickly scrambled to classify it as a "flat-headed pachycephalosaur." But one can't help but wonder if this is actually a Dragon which is being CALLED a Dinosaur. (?) This comes as no surprise for Bible believers, who have been calling Dinosaurs "Dragons" for many years.

Fact: The KJV uses the word "Dragon" or "Dragons" no less than 34 times.

Fact: The official news release from the museum states:
"It has been called a “Type Specimen” which is unique in that it is the single specimen that defines the species... The new species flummoxes old theories... The combination of a flat forehead and a multitude of spikes and lumps have never been seen before. Dracorex hogwartsia is an exceptionally ADVANCED SPECIES."

Adrienne Mayor states, "the shape of the dinosaur’s skull, with its long muzzle, bizarre knobs and horns, surprised the scientists,” Mayor said. “But the skull looks strangely familiar to anyone who has studied dragons! Dracorex has a remarkable resemblance to the dragons of ancient China and medieval Europe.” Mayor has utilized her keen interest in paleontology and researched an abundance of long-forgotten literary, artistic and paleontological evidence to support her thesis that at least some of the fantastic mythological monsters were based on paleontological realities."

"The skull was donated to The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis by Steve Saulsbury, Patrick Saulsbury and Brian Buckmeier, all from Sioux City, Iowa. The three friends found the fossil during a fossil collecting trip in the Hell Creek Formation in central South Dakota. Dracorex hogwartsia was unveiled on May 22, 2006 at 10 a.m. The museum houses one of the largest displays of real juvenile and family dinosaur fossils in the United States."
You can read the entire press release right here:
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com...D=18136#middle

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 12-31-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM

Now that is COOL!!!!!

Looks like a Dragon to me!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:07 PM

I like this line particularly in the article:

"According to Mayor, Sioux Indians who found a skull like this might have identified it as “Unktehi,” the mythical horned water monster of the South Dakota badlands, where the fossil was unearthed."

So, the Sioux Indians believed in a dragon-like creature called "Unktehi". They find a skull that resembles the creature the Indians spoke of. Now any rational person would come to the conclusion that this creature was indeed real and existed in history, but evolutionists still insist it was mythical.

And you see this everytime from evolutionists. They find a "mummified" dinosaur (not fossilized) but write numerous times in the article that it is at least 77 million years old. Then they say there must be some process of preservation that is not known and needs further study. The completely intact dinosaur that was found had it's skin, soft tissues, muscles, and organs. It was not a fossil which would lead most reasonable people to believe that it could not have been there very long, a few thousand years at most. No matter how much evidence you show an evolutionist that dinos lived very recently, they rationalize it away to fit their theory.

Last edited by Winman; 12-31-2008 at 12:22 PM.