General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:42 AM

Default About David Cloud

What should I know about this man and his site http://www.wayoflife.org ? I found my churches name on his list and then read his 'questionaire' which attacks a teacher I'm fond of; that is PSR. What is this mans problem with Ruckman? Is there more to his anti-Ruckman stance that I should know about?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-30-2008, 07:09 AM
aussiemama

Cloud hates Ruckman and belittles him and ridicules him. He also lies about him and takes his quotes out of context to make it look like he believes evil things that he does not. He's also overly concerned about externals...women wearing pants is taught as a definite sin. My opinion is that David Cloud is extremely Pharisaical. The man annoys me lol. Many Fundamentalists look up to him almost like he is a god (in my opinion) and that is why I personally see him as a Fundamentalist pope...since many take what he believes and writes to be gospel.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:14 AM
aussiemama

Here is a link to something that I wrote on Vince's blog about Cloud and the pants on women thing. I addressed this because I couldn't believe the question would even be considered as it had an obvious answer. I will dig up the stuff he says about Ruckman if I have time so that you can see it for yourself, but with two small boys I wouldn't guarantee it. But I'm sure Vince or Kathie knows exactly where his articles about Ruckman are.

I only show you this to show you the logic of the man you are dealing with.

http://wordofaking.blogspot.com/2008...ariseeism.html
Old 11-30-2008, 07:39 AM
aussiemama

Here is a good start to what Cloud has to say about Ruckman. He links to other articles that he has written at the bottom.

http://www.wayoflife.org/articles/ruckman.htm
Old 11-30-2008, 07:57 AM

I agree with Katy-Anne that his attitude in his articles tends to be pretty annoying. Really, the only ones I've read are the Ruckman ones, something about women and pants, and the article about Myspace (which I really think is ridiculous... Myspace isn't evil, but just like any other social network, you can get in trouble on there if you're looking for trouble).

I heard from another friend that met David Cloud in real life that he's actually a pretty nice guy. So, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

I just don't pay much attention to his articles because of his attitude.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:07 AM

David Cloud, Ruckman, John MacArthur and many more.

Why is so much energy spent trying to prove, or disprove our likes and dislikes for these men as personal attacks?

Quote:
2 Corinthians 1:11 Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.
(bold is my emphasis)

Why would we not spend some of that negative energy using our Gift from God glorifying HIM and edifying each other through his Holy Spirit? Discerning and sharing is word to teach each other and lift HIM up in praise and glory.

This and other forums of expression would then become another means to worship HIM rather then condemnation pits of men and eventually it works into each other.???

Last edited by Gord; 11-30-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
What should I know about this man and his site http://www.wayoflife.org ? I found my churches name on his list and then read his 'questionaire' which attacks a teacher I'm fond of; that is PSR. What is this mans problem with Ruckman? Is there more to his anti-Ruckman stance that I should know about?
He's a professional watchdog: his entire ministry, at least on the Internet, consists of criticizing anyone who does or says anything that displeases him. He devotes particular attention to: "modest apparel," Ruckman (against whom he seems to have a personal grudge), the Southern Baptist Convention, Gail Riplinger, Independent Baptists, contemporary Christian music, and the charismatics. To me, he is an annoying, self-righteous blowhard, but sometimes he provides good information.

He's written extensively in defense of the King James Bible, but his books are kinda pricey. To his credit, he does meticulous research.

The worst thing I know about him: when a prison inmate (with whom I am personally acquainted) wrote him a long, heartfelt letter, and asked for a reply, Cloud didn't even bother to respond; didn't even put the guy on his mailing list. Most men of God jump at the chance to communicate with prisoners.

The best thing I know about him: he's written an excellent book, The Pentecostal-Charismatic Movements: Their History and Error. I'd highly recommend it.

His strange obsession with women's apparel is something fairly recent: he has literally written a book instructing women how to dress. Perhaps that's why he's too busy to answer mail from prisoners: anyway, jailbirds can't buy very many books.....
Old 11-30-2008, 12:22 PM

As a young Christian, I was greatly blessed by his ministry, and found it a sure way to stay out of harm's way. Generally, whenever I was about to read a new book, or heard about some preacher, I would generally type in the preachers name followed by "wayoflife" into google, and see what came up. As VD said, his ministry is that of a watchdog, which is a neccesary ministry, but he does attack his own too much, usually over semantics.

He never replied to me either when I sent him a very long email over struggling with certain things in my life. Having said that, a lot of his articles are well done and documented.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
As a young Christian, I was greatly blessed by his ministry, and found it a sure way to stay out of harm's way. Generally, whenever I was about to read a new book, or heard about some preacher, I would generally type in the preachers name followed by "wayoflife" into google, and see what came up. As VD said, his ministry is that of a watchdog, which is a neccesary ministry, but he does attack his own too much, usually over semantics.

He never replied to me either when I sent him a very long email over struggling with certain things in my life. Having said that, a lot of his articles are well done and documented.

Luke. My beloved brother. My initials are not "VD," thank you very much.....
Old 11-30-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
He's a professional watchdog: his entire ministry, at least on the Internet, consists of criticizing anyone who does or says anything that displeases him. He devotes particular attention to: "modest apparel," Ruckman (against whom he seems to have a personal grudge), the Southern Baptist Convention, Gail Riplinger, Independent Baptists, contemporary Christian music, and the charismatics. To me, he is an annoying, self-righteous blowhard, but sometimes he provides good information.

He's written extensively in defense of the King James Bible, but his books are kinda pricey. To his credit, he does meticulous research.

The worst thing I know about him: when a prison inmate (with whom I am personally acquainted) wrote him a long, heartfelt letter, and asked for a reply, Cloud didn't even bother to respond; didn't even put the guy on his mailing list. Most men of God jump at the chance to communicate with prisoners.

The best thing I know about him: he's written an excellent book, The Pentecostal-Charismatic Movements: Their History and Error. I'd highly recommend it.

His strange obsession with women's apparel is something fairly recent: he has literally written a book instructing women how to dress. Perhaps that's why he's too busy to answer mail from prisoners: anyway, jailbirds can't buy very many books.....
good post!