Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:13 PM

Default What Would Happen If You Could “lose ” Your Salvation?

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU COULD “LOSE ” YOUR SALVATION?

1.GOD’S GRACE WOULD NOT BE SUFFICIENT TO KEEP YOU! {Acts 15:11, 20:32; Romans 5:21; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 2:11}

THE FAITH OF CHRIST WOULD FAIL TO SECURE YOU! {Galatians 2:16; Philippians 3:9}

YOU WOULD LOSE CHRIST’S RIGHTEOUSNESS! {Romans 3:22, 5:17, 5:21, 10:4, 1Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 3:9; 2Peter 1:1}

THEN - ALL YOUR SINS WEREN’T REALLY FORGIVEN! {Acts 13:38;, 26:18; Ephesians 1:7, 4:32; Colossians 1:14, 2:13; 1 John 2:12}

YOU COULD LOSE YOUR JUSTIFICATION! {Acts 13:39; Romans 3:24, 4:25, 5:16-18; 1 Corinthians 6:11; Galatians 3:24; Titus 3:7}

THEN YOUR REDEMPTION WAS NOT COMPLETE! {Romans 3:24, 8:23; 1Corinthians 1:30; Galatians 3:13; Ephesians 1:7, 1:14, 4:30; Colossians 1:14; Titus 2:14; Hebrews 9:12; 1 Peter 1:18;}

YOU WOULD CEASE BEING THE LORD’S SHEEP & would become a Goat or a Wolf? {John 10:1-30}

YOU COULD PLUCK YOURSELF OUT OF CHRIST’S HAND! {John 10:28}

YOU COULD PLUCK YOURSELF OUT OF THE FATHER’S HAND! {John 10:29}

YOU COULD BREAK GOD’S SEAL {1:21-22}

YOU COULD BREAK THE SEAL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE! {Ephesians 1:1-14 (esp. 13 & 14); Ephesians 4:30; 2Timothy 2:19}

THE FATHER WOULD FAIL TO CONFIRM YOU UNTO THE END! {1Corinthians 1:8;}

THE FATHER WOULD FAIL TO KEEP THE COMMITMENT YOU MADE TO HIM! {2Timothy 1:12}

THE FATHER WOULD FAIL TO PERFORM A GOOD WORK IN YOU! { Philippians 1:6}

YOU COULD NULLIFY THE NEW BIRTH [How does one become unborn?] {John 3:3-7; Titus 3:5; 1Peter 1:22-23}

GOD WOULD NULLIFY YOUR “SONSHIP” [How can God deny your “son ship”?] {John 1:12; Galatians 4:6; Philippians 2:15; 1 John 3:1-2}

YOU COULD NULLIFY YOUR ADOPTION BY THE FATHER! {Romans 8:15}

GOD WOULD NULLIFY YOUR ADOPTION AS SONS OF GOD! {Galatians 4:5}

GOD WOULD NULLIFY YOUR ADOPTION AS CHILDREN OF GOD! {Ephesians 1:5}

YOU WOULD CEASE TO BE A SAINT – OF THE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD! {Ephesians 2:19}

YOU COULD REVERSE THE CIRCUMSION MADE WITHOUT HANDS! [How does one become “uncircumcised”?] {Romans 2:28-29;Colossians 2:11; Philippians 3:3}

GOD WOULD CHANGE THE MEANING OF “EVERLASTING” LIFE! {John 3:16;, 3:36, 5:24, 6:40, 6:47; 1Timothy 1:16}

GOD WOULD DRY UP “THE WELL” LEADING TO “EVERLASTING” LIFE! {John 4:14}

YOU COULD THWART GOD’S WILL - CONCERNING “EVERLASTING” LIFE! {John 6:40}

GOD WOULD CHANGE THE MEANING OF “ETERNAL” LIFE! {John 6:54, 10:28, 17:2-3; Acts 13:48; Romans 5:21, 6:23; Titus 1:2, 3:7; 1 John 2:25, 5:11-13, 20}

GOD WILL FAIL TO KEEP HIS PROMISES! {Titus 1:2; 1John 2:25}

YOU COULD SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THE LOVE OF CHRIST! {Romans 8:35-39}

YOU COULD REMOVE YOURSELF FROM BEING SEATED IN HEAVEN! {Ephesians 2:6}

GOD WILL FAIL TO PRESERVE YOU UNTO HIS HEAVENLY KINGDOM! {2Timothy 4:18}

GOD’S WRATH COULD ABIDE ON YOU - CONTRARY TO GOD’S PROMISE! {John 3:36; Ephesians 5:6 – Colossians 3:6 – 1Thesallonians 5:9;}

Now, can you see why I get so upset with those people who believe that they can lose salvation? They are IMPUGNING God’s Character; His Words; His Promises; His Integrity; His Abilities; etc.! They REFUSE TO BELIEVE the written record, and PREFER TO BELIEVE a LIE!

IF
you could lose your salvation – all of these things would have to take place (and there are a lot more!). When we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him as our Saviour, we aren’t just: “saved from Hell” (The Lord is not just a “Fire Escape” from “Hell”; or a “Life Preserver” to avoid the Lake of Fire. He hasn’t just given us a “Get Out Of “Hades” Free Card. When we receive the Lord Jesus Christ there’s a whole lot more that takes place in a believer - far more than most Christians are aware of! After King David had committed the heinous sins of adultery and murder, he wasn’t worried about “LOSING” his salvation – he didn’t ask God to “RESTORE” his salvation he asked God to: Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.” [Psalms 51:12]

Please tell me: IF you can lose your Salvation, HOW do you get all of these things back? HOW do you get
REPARDONED; REJUSTIFIED; REBORN; RESEALED; READOPTED; RECIRCUMSIZED; RESEATED; ETC.; ETC; HOW do you become a sheep; a son; a saint; etc.; etc.; all over AGAIN?

IF
you can lose your Salvation, just exactly what kind of sin (or number of sins) does it take to lose it? You sure can get in a heap of trouble when you refuse to BELIEVE the word of God!

{Note: At some time in the future I shall add to this list and if you can find anymore - please add them here. G.A.}
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Thanks for reminding us of the Great salvation we possess in the Lord.

For me...losing Jesus Christ would be enough. Without Him...there's nothing!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:17 PM

Amen, Bro. George!
Man could only lose his salvation if he was trusting a wrong god and a false savior.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:15 AM

Great job George. this is good stuff. not only does it strengthen but it teaches something about our God.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:11 AM

Great post George, Our LORD and Saviour created it all, has power and dominion over it all, nothing is of ourselves, everything by Him for Him.
I shudder to think of even a second without Christ, I am in Him as He is in me
and I simply cannot comprehend why anyone would wish to believe that their salvation onto eternal life wasn't sure, they are trusting in men rather than trusting in the LORD. The following verses speak into my heart, comfort and assurance of my eternal life with my risen Saviour, The LORD Jesus Christ.
Colossians 2:8-10
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Romans 8:38-39
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

you all hear that, NOTHING! can separate us, Praise The LORD for his lovingkindness.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Scott Simons

Thank you Brother George, and aloha,
this is great, you do do alot of work to articulate sujects.
I would like to go through these and comment on each one and archive the the conclusions.
You are very helpful, and bless with a comparative mind, helpful.

Ok I do have a observation, a little off suject, but relative somewhat.
Quote:
=George;7182]
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU COULD “LOSE ” YOUR SALVATION?
11.[/FONT][/B]YOU COULD BREAK THE SEAL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE! {
Ephesians 1:1-14 (esp. 13 & 14); Ephesians
4:30; 2Timothy 2:19}

Here I noticed you Capitalized holy Spirit of promise, do you see the holy Spirit the same as Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost? I have posted a thread on this subject.

Quote:
IF
Quote:
[/U]
Quote:
you can lose your Salvation, just exactly what kind of sin (or number of sins) does it take to lose it? You sure can get in a heap of trouble when you refuse to BELIEVE the word of God!

{Note: At some time in the future I shall add to this list and if you can find anymore - please add them here. G.A.}
[/QUOTE]

Ok this make me think this; if you can't lose you salvation, if you are saved and return and live in sin, you are not really saved, so you never where saved to begin with, so what is the difference and where is the line to know you are saved?

It is like if you have said the magic words (no offense implided) or convince the heart to believe on Jesus that seals the deal, and that is all is nessesary. Then all God's word does from that point is get us more rewards or keeps us form losing rewards, it never really is part of our salvation it just there to upgrade us. Or basically we are set free (salvation).

Backsliders, are they saved, even if they have die in the backsliding, or how did they become a backsliders, if they where not saved? I may just now understand what backsliding is, but I kind of think it is like turning away from be a Christian.

I do love the list and would appreciate your patience with me, I really would like it to be clear on this, it is hard for me to grasp some of this.

Aloha Brother
Old 08-29-2008, 05:50 AM

Thanks for the many infallable proofs George. That we have brethren that have seen God's promises, but melt the hearts of others in their earnest contending for unbelief is beyond me.

Joshua 14:8 Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God.

9 And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden (cf. Eph 2:6) shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God.

10 And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.

(Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus)

I'll try to print out these excellent references when I find time.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:07 AM

George that was a great post! Makes me want to say OOOOH-RAAAH! Then just wait for the next chance to witness and when they dare try to change the subject to losing ones salvation, I got about 30 questions for em. I just give my self the challenge of learning the references as well, great job. There is only one simple explanation and that is have been bought with a price and He will never sell us back.
Considering the thought of backsliders. many feel that sin has no consequences to the believer and this is far from the truth. Yes, sin can cost us in the next life. Sin can also hurt us, those close to us, our work, our land, our house, our health.... It is a fearful thing to fall in the hands of an angry God.
I am by far no English major. I think the correct spelling would be holy Spirit but it still dont look right for some reason. There is no doubt in my mind when some one writes Holy Spirit who it is they are refering to. Is their more than one holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit being supreme? No idea, I do know of the Holy Spirit for sure.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post

Ok this makes me think this; if you can't lose your salvation, if you are saved and return and live in sin, you are not really saved, so you never where saved to begin with, so what is the difference and where is the line to know you are saved?

It is like if you have said the magic words (no offense implied) or convince the heart to believe on Jesus that seals the deal, and that is all is necessary. Then all God's word does from that point is get us more rewards or keeps us from losing rewards, it never really is part of our salvation it just there to upgrade us. Or basically we are set free (salvation).

I do love the list and would appreciate your patience with me, I really would like it to be clear on this, it is hard for me to grasp some of this.

Aloha Brother
Brother Scott, I know you asked Brother George directly, but I wanted to share some Scriptures that have helped me understand how sin is dealt with in the life of a true believer. In my own life, I find that if I attempt to understand God's gift of eternal life which is through Christ, with intellect, reasoning, or logic...I get confused. It makes no logical sense that I still commit sins, and yet I am presented holy, unblameable, and unreprovable in His sight. I hope you meditate on these Words and find rest in Christ.

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" (1 John 2:1).

He is always my advocate. Don't sin, but if you do, praise the Lord, Jesus the Righteous is continually interceding on my behalf.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:12-13).

Since I did not do a single thing to destroy and abolish sin in the first place, what makes me think I can do something now, in the strength of physical flesh and blood, or in my will to dissolve sin and appease a righteous God? I can offer no sacrifice to satisfy the just demands of a Righteous, Holy, God. My hope is always in the completed work of Jesus Christ.

Brother Scott, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Galatians 5:1).

Love in Christ.

Last edited by Forrest; 08-29-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Scott Simons

Default Saved

I like this subject;
I know I am saved and will spend eternity with Jesus Christ.
God gave his only begotten Son for me, the ransom has been paid.
I see some going astray, and fear for them.
If anything I would love to feel and believe one can be saved and no matter what happens from that point, and they are going to go to be with Jesus Christ, forever.
You all have help move me closer to that position, however I still am working out the clarity in the word.
I know that the Holy Ghost will lead me into the truth on the subject, and I am not offended by correction and reproof.
So please don’t weary in answering questions I have on the subject, I just want the truth.
I can see that this forum has the men of God that will enrich the glory of God in the truth so don’t be offended by my questioning of points of seemly contention. If anything it can archive answers for other also.