Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
jerry

Tell me How do you keep saved?

I don't - God keeps me saved by His power, as the Bible clearly declares. Even when I am faithless, He is faithful.

What are your responsibilities as believer?

Lots - too numerous to name. Start from Genesis and go to Revelation - whatever wasn't fulfilled or done away with is our responsibility.

what is your difference from Heathen?

Now I am a child of God, joint heir with the Son of God, adopted by the Father, born again. I have also passed from death unto life, from the kingdom of Satan and darkness to the kingdom of God and light, no longer lost but found, no longer going to perish after this life but will dwell forever with God, eternal life not the second death.

what is the work of Holy Spirit in believers?

To regenerate those who believe. Tell me, how do you become unadopted, unborn, unsaved, unsealed by God?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-24-2008, 02:43 PM
beloved57

Quote:
To regenerate those who believe. Tell me, how do you become unadopted, unborn, unsaved, unsealed by God?
God The Holy Spirit regenerates in order to belieivng. Hoe else can a dead man believe ? Save he first is made alive and anew..
Old 03-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evstevemd View Post
Tell me How do you keep saved?

I don't.
Jude 1:24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Quote:
What are your responsibilities as believer?
what is your difference from Heathen?
what is the work of Holy Spirit in believers?
The first question is the salient one for this topic. The other questions are important but have nothing to do with the permanent nature of salvation.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 PM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Unsaved. (How many options are there?)
Hi Jeff,

You beat me to the punch, mate. Thats the exact same answer that came to my mind when I read that post by Revangelist.

Is the logic that hard to follow????

Fundy
Old 03-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Revangelist

Beloved57, It isn't that you don't understand, it's that you don't accept it. I read Pastor Mikie's posts and understand it. I happen to agree with him. I'm safe in assuming you don't.

To anyone who agrees with eternal security as has been posted here, you are certainly welcomed to. But I say you are incorrect. The doctrine makes no sense. We have free will to accept Jesus Christ and His gift of salvation. So you expect me to believe now that I'm a Christian, I no longer have free will? That's absurd. I can choose to be saved. That's it. Now I'm stuck. You are quoting all the Scriptures that say we are eternally secure. You are ignoring or re-interpreting all the Scriptures that teach something different. I'm not even suggesting any true Christian would want to. You are saying it's impossible to lose your salvation. I was taught eternal security as a young Christian. I believed it, too. But there was a nagging question about all the people I've seen in my life time since I was taught eternal security just go back into sin and ruin their lives and you conveniently say they were never truly saved in the first place. That's illogical. I've found Scriptures that tell us to be careful, don't be negligent, abide with God, draw nigh unto God. And I've found Scriptures as Pastor Mikie has pointed out and somehow you say they aren't referring to Christians.

If any of you backslide or fall into sin or turn away from God or depart from the faith, believing the extreme doctrine of eternal security won't help you. You crying out to a holy God in repentance before you breath your last breath will be the only hope of salvation you have. Eternal security has most of it's adherents in the USA. In many foreign countries they don't believe that way. In the USA, the church is a mess. The fruit speaks for itself.

Sorry for sounding too passionate here. I don't mean to be so upset sounding. I think I'm just frustrated because very clear explanations have been given and not understood or accepted. I don't mean you have to agree with them, I just wish they were understood. Some of you come across a little frustrated as well. Maybe that is a good sign to go on to something else. This subject has been argued for a very long time with no resolution in sight (meaning before it's been discussed here).

Last edited by Revangelist; 03-24-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:32 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
Beloved57, It isn't that you don't understand, it's that you don't accept it. I read Pastor Mikie's posts and understand it. I happen to agree with him. I'm safe in assuming you don't.

To anyone who agrees with eternal security as has been posted here, you are certainly welcomed to. But I say you are incorrect. The doctrine makes no sense. We have free will to accept Jesus Christ and His gift of salvation. So you expect me to believe now that I'm a Christian, I no longer have free will? That's absurd. I can choose to be saved. That's it. Now I'm stuck. You are quoting all the Scriptures that say we are eternally secure. You are ignoring or re-interpreting all the Scriptures that teach something different. I'm not even suggesting any true Christian would want to. You are saying it's impossible to lose your salvation. I was taught eternal security as a young Christian. I believed it, too. But there was a nagging question about all the people I've seen in my life time since I was taught eternal security just go back into sin and ruin their lives and you conveniently say they were never truly saved in the first place. That's illogical. I've found Scriptures that tell us to be careful, don't be negligent, abide with God, draw nigh unto God. And I've found Scriptures as Pastor Mikie has pointed out and somehow you say they aren't referring to Christians.

If any of you backslide or fall into sin or turn away from God or depart from the faith, believing the extreme doctrine of eternal security won't help you. You crying out to a holy God in repentance before you breath your last breath will be the only hope of salvation you have. Eternal security has most of it's adherents in the USA. In many foreign countries they don't believe that way. In the USA, the church is a mess. The fruit speaks for itself.

Sorry for sounding too passionate here. I don't mean to be so upset sounding. I think I'm just frustrated because very clear explanations have been given and not understood or accepted. I don't mean you have to agree with them, I just wish they were understood. Some of you come across a little frustrated as well. Maybe that is a good sign to go on to something else. This subject has been argued for a very long time with no resolution in sight (meaning before it's been discussed here).
a person who trust in themselves is the reason why you are insecure, your salvation rests upon human merit.

But, The real Jesus christ, has saved all his people from their sins by his death..believest thou this ?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:55 PM
fundy

QUOTE from revangelist..."If any of you backslide or fall into sin or turn away from God or depart from the faith, believing the extreme doctrine of eternal security won't help you. You crying out to a holy God in repentance before you breath your last breath will be the only hope of salvation you have." end quote.

What an absurd statement for a christian to make. This is just catholic doctrine...pure and simple.

QUOTE "So you expect me to believe now that I'm a Christian, I no longer have free will? That's absurd. I can choose to be saved. That's it. Now I'm stuck." END QUOTE

I believe I am now seeing what your problem is. You have a problem with submitting yourself totally to GODS will. You dont want to give up YOU OWN free will, even if the exchange for it is eternal security..... your will is more important than God's will. If you consider being "stuck" with salvation as undesirable...I feel sorry for you.

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Fundy
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
God The Holy Spirit regenerates in order to belieivng. Hoe else can a dead man believe ? Save he first is made alive and anew..
No - you have turned the Scriptures upside down! The Bible teaches when we respond to the Gospel, when we receive Christ, when we believe - THEN He regenerates us. That is seen CLEARLY in the following passages:

John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Peter 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

First comes our response to the truth, then comes regeneration - being born again.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:15 PM
beloved57

Quote:
No - you have turned the Scriptures upside down! The Bible teaches when we respond to the Gospel, when we receive Christ, when we believe - THEN He regenerates us.
No it doesnt, it teaches regeneration before faith..a dead man cannot believe, faith is a fruit of the Spirit of God..

Gal 5:

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The key is they heard the word of truth, a spiritually dead person cannot hear christ words..

jn 8:

43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

One has to be spiritually alive to hear a spiritual message, so your point is invalid..
Old 03-24-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
I believe I am now seeing what your problem is. You have a problem with submitting yourself totally to GODS will. You dont want to give up YOU OWN free will, even if the exchange for it is eternal security..... your will is more important than God's will. If you consider being "stuck" with salvation as undesirable...I feel sorry for you. Fundy
Agreed Fundy. They WILL not submit themselves to the authority of the precise meaning of the words of God.

How do they present the Gospel to the perishing when they can't assure the drug addict, gambler, fornicator, that if he falls, his sins are no longer forgiven? The prospect of guilt they impose on the sinner is unconscionably devoid of grace. The incipient step to hell is ever looming.

His yoke is easy, and His burden is light

Last edited by Debau; 03-24-2008 at 10:10 PM.