Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:59 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
God has a purpose for His Word - not your opinions.
You despise Gods word because thats what I bring to you..
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-30-2008, 08:27 AM
jerry

No, I love God's Word - it is the rule and standard by which I gauge everything by, including opinions.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Thats not biblical marriage..God explains that here gen 2:
I'm trying to explain how a covenant agreement works:

Quote:
Webster's 1828 Dictionary [A-J]
covenant
COVENANT, n. L, to come; a coming together; a meeting or agreement of minds.

1. A mutual consent or agreement of two or more persons, to do or to forbear some act or thing; a contract; stipulation. A covenant is created by deed in writing, sealed and executed; or it may be implied in the contract.

2. A writing containing the terms of agreement or contract between parties; or the clause of agreement in a deed containing the covenant.

3. In theology, the covenant of works, is that implied in the commands, prohibitions, and promises of God; the promise of God to man, that mans perfect obedience should entitle him to happiness. This do, and live; that do, and die.

The covenant of redemption, is the mutual agreement between the Father and Son, respecting the redemption of sinners by Christ.

The covenant of grace, is that by which God engages to bestow salvation on man, upon the condition that man shall believe in Christ and yield obedience to the terms of the gospel.

4. In church affairs, a solemn agreement between the members of a church, that they will walk together according to the precepts of the gospel, in brotherly affection.

COVENANT, v.i. To enter into a formal agreement; to stipulate; to bind ones self by contract. A covenants with B to convey to him a certain estate. When the terms are expressed ti has for before the thing or price.

They covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver. Matthew 26.

COVENANT, v.t. To grant or promise by covenant.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:07 PM

Whosoever will, let him take of the water of life freely

IRRESISTABLE GRACE - DESTROYED

Also, just for fun,

Psa 119:108 Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me thy judgments.

There is the word. I wonder how KJB only calvinists explain away the word right there in the perfect book?

I love my KJB
Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Revangelist

Default Sarcasm

Someone made a suggestion about "sarcasm and mocking" as a possible thread. I have to admit I like sarcasm when it's funny and not biting. I'm also guilty of "mocking" at times, though I do try to avoid it.

Proverbs 15:13 A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
Proverbs 15:15 All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.
Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

I've had friends who have "expressed love" by insults. The reason I didn't get offended because of how it was delivered. Then, there are those who can say, "I love you" and I go away feeling insulted.

So, I ask, who is privy to Scriptural use of humour (serious question)?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:56 AM
beloved57

Quote:
Whosoever will, let him take of the water of life freely

IRRESISTABLE GRACE - DESTROYED
How so ? A dead man has not a will to spiritual things..so this is not addressing the spiritually dead, but those who have been made alive by the dreative power of God..

These men here would not even qualify according to Jesus..

jn 5:

40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Thats mans natural will, He will not come because of depravity, and nothing but the power of God makes him willing..

ps 110:

3Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

God should be praised for His power when one comes to Christ, and not mans filthy freewill..
Old 04-06-2008, 12:37 PM
grace to me

Rev.22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

who was this written to? THE CHURCHES
These are people that are able to hear.

all this verse proves is the ignorance of the freewiller to read the context surrounding the verse they pull out to prove a point.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:21 PM
jerry

Those verses are written to all mankind. Revelation 2-3 is written specifically to the churches.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:48 PM
browilder61

If people do not have a choice in getting saved, then why did Jesus give the commission in Mark 16:15-"Go ye into ALL the world, and PREACH THE GOSPEL to EVERY creature" , why are we told that if they don't have a choice?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:07 PM
browilder61

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". The "whosoever will" doesn't mean that they all will. But then if they don't have a choice, then why in Mark 16:15 did Jesus say - " Go ye into ALL the world, and PREACH the gospel to EVERY CREATURE", if they don't have a choice?