Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Bro. Parrish

Default Dying to see the Pope?

Yes, people are dying to see the Pope...
http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/41631902.html
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM

Reminds me years ago when I was knocking on doors with my Pastor trying to lead folks to the Lord, we knocked on one door and an elderly lady answered. My Pastor introduced himself and asked if the lady would like to know how to go to Heaven from the Bible. The lady turned and pointed to a large portrait of the Pope on her wall and said, "That is my God".

And a supervisor I worked for years ago was a very devout Catholic. He was a very serious and stern man, we were all intimidated by him. When his mother died he came in to work, although he took off around noon to go to her funeral. However, when the Pope came to New York (this was around 1980) he took the whole day off to go down and see him. These two occasions are the only two days I can remember he took time off.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
My Pastor introduced himself and asked if the lady would like to know how to go to Heaven from the Bible. The lady turned and pointed to a large portrait of the Pope on her wall and said, "That is my God"...
Wow, that is a shame...
Old 03-22-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Wow, that is a shame...
I rarley do door to door work due to a bum foot, but once I went out with the pastor one rainy night. There were 3 of us and we took turns speaking to people. The phrase used by this odd friend was to each person, Are you a Christian? There was several times, quite significant number of replies of, No, I am a Catholic.

Grace and peace

Tony