Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Stephanos,

Who do you think the book of James was written to my friend?

Well if you are one of the 12 Jewish tribes it's for you not it's not for you. Now we can learn from the book of James, we can use it for many things. It is not wrote for non Jews to build doctrine.

Atlas
The Scriptures say that all Scripture is given for doctrine.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-14-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Stephen,

Most assuredly if a scripture teaches doctrine it may be used as correction, instruction in righteousness, or to reproof. but there are some scriptures that do not teach a doctrine. But can be used for correction , reproof, and instruction in righteousness.

wouldn't you agree?

The Bible is for Christians and all we have need of for life and godliness can be found in it's pages. but not all the Books of the Bible are written to Christians specifically for doctrine. While yet those same books written to the Jews can be used to support Christian doctrine if they agree with Paul's teaching on the same subject.

some of the scriptures are just for learning (instruction in righteousnes), or correction (not just of doctrine but of life and practice), reproof (for those who would make false statements).

All are inspired of God. but they have different duties doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction.
All I'm trying to say is that every single book of the NT is written to Christians. In the Church we are all one tribe. For someone to say that a book doesn't contain doctrines for Christians simply because the original recievers of the text were Jewish is simply not something I can agree with. Sure the jewish believers were very zealous of the Law, but their salvation is the same as ours, by grace through faith in Christ Jesus.

George, all Scripture can be used to support or define doctrines (teachings) for the Christian Church. You wrote:

WHAT is he talking about – {“the mysteries of the Kingdom of God” – NOT necessarily church doctrine for Christians.}

Perhaps I should have been more careful in what I wrote. I just felt that you insinuated something I cannot agree with. For me, I know what I believe, perhaps as your wife think, this makes me a babe. What I believe is that everything Jesus Christ said was for our use as those who follow in His footsteps (are not Christians supposed to be CHRIST LIKE?). The mysteries of the Kingdom are indeed for us. I don't know what you tell people, but I tell people that I am a citizen of the Kingdom of God in Christ Jesus. I sojourn here in this world to serve God's purposes unto His glory.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary says this.

DOCTRINE, n. L., to teach.

1. In a general sense, whatever is taught. Hence, a principle or position in any science; whatever is laid down as true by an instructor or master. The doctrines of the gospel are the principles or truths taught by Christ and his apostles. The doctrines of Plato are the principles which he taught. Hence a doctrine may be true or false; it may be a mere tenet or opinion.

So, you tell me, are Christ's doctrines not for us, simply because we are not Jews according to the flesh?

Anywho, that's all I've got on this for now. Your response to my response was very caustic I might add. Could you please tone it down a bit? I am not your enemy. I am simply here to share what I believe is truth. If you disagree with something I say, then respond in a loving manner. You have yet to show that you are capable of doing this whenever you respond to what I say.

Last edited by stephanos; 09-14-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:47 PM

Default Stephen's Post

Stephen,

Your quote:
Quote:
So, you tell me, are Christ's doctrines not for us, simply because we are not Jews according to the flesh?

Anywho, that's all I've got on this for now. Your response to my response was very caustic I might add. Could you please tone it down a bit? I am not your enemy. I am simply here to share what I believe is truth. If you disagree with something I say, then respond in a loving manner. You have yet to show that you are capable of doing this whenever you respond to what I say.
Let's get something straight. You didn't just "respond" to my Post - you took my words and twisted them; and changed them; and you added to them and made them say something I didn't say! And you have completely ignored my charge in this matter.

You do this quite often. It's DECEITFUL and DISHONEST to take someone's words and CHANGE them to prove a point. The fact that you can NOT see this; the fact that you don't understand this; demonstrates to me that you not only lack "discernment", but you also lack "integrity", and your "pious" platitudes" about "love" cannot cover up for your fundamental dishonesty!

I am not going to go over the ground the I have covered in my previous Posts. If you cannot (or will not) understand them, fine. But when you change my words that is another matter altogether.

Quote:
"Perhaps I should have been more careful in what I wrote. I just felt that you insinuated something I cannot agree with."
You do this all the time. The minute you get caught in a mis-statement; a false statement; or an outright false doctrine; you "craw fish" out ("wriggle" out) of it with:
Quote:
"Perhaps I should have been more careful in what I wrote."
That's NOT your "problem" - Your problem is a lack of discernment and understanding; and a lack of wisdom in criticizing some of us. Your "problem" is that you read into people's words "meanings" that are not there!
Quote:
"I just felt that you insinuated something I cannot agree with."
Anyone who reads my Posts knows that I don't "insinuate" anything. I come right out and "call a spade a spade"; I put it across the plate "waist-high"; I don't "mince words"; or play "word games" (like you do!).

I really don't care that you "felt" that I "insinuated" something you disagreed with. You should have dealt with my WORDS - NOT with "something" you "felt" I said! I have reached the end of my patience with you. There is no "profit" in trying to reason with you, and since you refuse to receive instruction from not only me, but several of the brethren on this Forum, I will bid you "Aloha" and farewell!

Whether you answer this Post, or not, I will no longer respond to anything you have to say. I don't answer dishonest people who twist people's words "in a loving manner" - NOT when they need a rebuke! We are not HUMANISTS - where nothing matters but "love" and "unity" (and being "NICE" - NOT "caustic" ). God's word (THE TRUTH) is far more important than your Humanistic concept of "love" and "unity".

Proverbs 12:17 He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
Psalms 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Stephen,

Your quote:
Let's get something straight. You didn't just "respond" to my Post - you took my words and twisted them; and changed them; and you added to them and made them say something I didn't say! And you have completely ignored my charge in this matter.

You do this quite often. It's DECEITFUL and DISHONEST to take someone's words and CHANGE them to prove a point. The fact that you can NOT see this; the fact that you don't understand this; demonstrates to me that you not only lack "discernment", but you also lack "integrity", and your "pious" platitudes" about "love" cannot cover up for your fundamental dishonesty!

I am not going to go over the ground the I have covered in my previous Posts. If you cannot (or will not) understand them, fine. But when you change my words that is another matter altogether.

You do this all the time. The minute you get caught in a mis-statement; a false statement; or an outright false doctrine; you "craw fish" out ("wriggle" out) of it with:
That's NOT your "problem" - Your problem is a lack of discernment and understanding; and a lack of wisdom in criticizing some of us. Your "problem" is that you read into people's words "meanings" that are not there!
Anyone who reads my Posts knows that I don't "insinuate" anything. I come right out and "call a spade a spade"; I put it across the plate "waist-high"; I don't "mince words"; or play "word games" (like you do!).

I really don't care that you "felt" that I "insinuated" something you disagreed with. You should have dealt with my WORDS - NOT with "something" you "felt" I said! I have reached the end of my patience with you. There is no "profit" in trying to reason with you, and since you refuse to receive instruction from not only me, but several of the brethren on this Forum, I will bid you "Aloha" and farewell!

Whether you answer this Post, or not, I will no longer respond to anything you have to say. I don't answer dishonest people who twist people's words "in a loving manner" - NOT when they need a rebuke! We are not HUMANISTS - where nothing matters but "love" and "unity" (and being "NICE" - NOT "caustic" ). God's word (THE TRUTH) is far more important than your Humanistic concept of "love" and "unity".

Proverbs 12:17 He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
Psalms 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

I'm sorry George. You're right, and I did twist what you said. I will not do it again. I didn't mean to gender strife. I suppose I've been on the defense so much that sometimes I see discrepecies where there are none. Again, please forgive what I've done. I will not do it again. And I'm also sorry that I took so long to respond in this way. I thought about this post today, and knew full well what you meant. I should have at that moment apologized. Please don't think I'm trying to get out of this. I know that what I've done here is not ok. Like I've said twice already, it will not happen again.

Stephen
Old 09-17-2008, 04:58 AM
the_archangel007

Default Secured Salvation.

SALVATION means WE are SAFE & SECURED!

It is a gift from God that we received that can NEVER be lost!