General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:38 PM

Default My Avatar

My Avatar is a picture of my dog, Zorba. He passed away February 8th after a good life of 12 years. He died in his sleep. I buried him out in the desert.

I had thought about changing my avatar after he passed away, but I have now decided to keep it. His picture reminds me of the love he gave.

Even this morning I still grieve his loss. His spirit has gone back to God and I do hope that, one day, I may encounter his gentle spirit again.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:41 AM

As a serious animal lover who has lost many special pets in my lifetime, I can sympathize with your loss, but I have a doctrinal question.

Where is it shown that animals have eternal spirits, and that their spirits will reconnect with us at some point in the future?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Tandi

I sympathize with your loss of Zorba.......I have lost beloved pets, most recently two dogs last summer from some sort of poisoning. I still have their mother, a standard poodle 15 years old and doing very well other than hearing loss. Still runs and plays like a pup.

I hope Heaven includes reunion with our special pet friends. Pets have been better friends than people sometimes. I hope to return to Earth with the King of Kings riding my favorite horse of all time (and best friend), Tandi (hence my pen-name). Tandakiya was a rangy, red roan, blanketed Appaloosa with peacock spots, but I expect he will be pure white in his celestial body. : )

How do we know animals have spirits that return to God? Well.....we may not know for sure one way or the other.......but where do these horses come from in Revelation 19?!

Shalom,

Tandi
Old 03-16-2009, 10:57 AM

Are those horse spirits, or horse bodies?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Tandi

1 Corinthians 15 talks about terrestrial bodies and celestial bodies.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I hope Heaven includes reunion with our special pet friends.
This is a troubling statement. It is similar to a song that I heard recently. The chorus was describing heaven as being beautiful because "you are there". I assumed that it was speaking of Jesus, but then I heard the next verse where it talked of the "you" of the chorus walking and talking with Jesus. The song was about a dead loved one.

The truth of the matter is that our praise and adoration and complete focus will be on the LORD Jesus Christ and Him alone. We will not be concerned about who or what else is present there. There is no Scriptural authority for telling a little child that he will see his dead puppy in heaven! Christians have allowed songs written by men to replace, correct, or add to the Word of God.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:27 AM

If I am wrong, then we have a problem. I am going to need an entire mansion just to hold the number of cats and dogs that I have had as pets, not to mention the mice, gerbils, fish, frogs, and other miscellaneous creatures.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
This is a troubling statement. It is similar to a song that I heard recently. The chorus was describing heaven as being beautiful because "you are there". I assumed that it was speaking of Jesus, but then I heard the next verse where it talked of the "you" of the chorus walking and talking with Jesus. The song was about a dead loved one.

The truth of the matter is that our praise and adoration and complete focus will be on the LORD Jesus Christ and Him alone. We will not be concerned about who or what else is present there. There is no Scriptural authority for telling a little child that he will see his dead puppy in heaven! Christians have allowed songs written by men to replace, correct, or add to the Word of God.
Ever since I got saved I've longed for the day I'll get to see Freddy (a cat), the best friend I ever had and my old iguana, Gonzo. Wouldn't suprise me if they were waiting for me right now

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:

The truth of the matter is that our praise and adoration and complete focus will be on the LORD Jesus Christ and Him alone. We will not be concerned about who or what else is present there...
Come on now Bro. Tim, maybe I'm not that spiritual as some folks, but I have to say that I am certainly looking forward to seeing many of my deceased friends and family members in Heaven one day. I am very concerned about who else will be present there! I will admit my concern does not extend to pets however. (my apologies to all the pet lovers--no offense intended).
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 AM

Default Bible versus Disney studios.

Quote:

Brother Tim! Well said.

I've had Beagles/English Springer Spaniels/a Chesapeake Bay Retriever/ and my Heinz 57 Horse over the years, but there is not one passage that says animals will be in heaven. Disney says it, not our Bible!

For about 8 years I worked at 2 Christian Book stores in So.Cal.. It is sad and scaary what some customers/shoppers say. Some of the things that people believe... I could compile a 5 page essay--- One saturday while I was the Used Book Buyer/Asst. Manager, a fellow came in pretending to shop... but was actually there to "enlighten" me and any customers within earshot with his hyper-Charismatic spirituality. This guy claimed (among other things) that his wife was "The Holy Spirit" ! I am not making this up. I was hoping that I would have been interrupted by a co-worker or a telephone call, but no. I've talked to Mormons and J.W's and R.C.'s before but this guy... -- never gave any thought nor read any guidebook to prepare to answer someone from extreme-pentecostal kookville.