General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2008, 10:03 AM

Default New Years Eve Bible Quiz

I am making preparations for our Watch Night service to be held on New Years Eve, and one of these preparations includes making up a quiz as a fun time-filler between preachers.

So, it's complete, and I thought I'd give y'all a shot at it. The questions range in their difficulty so as to keep the interest of all involved.

1. Christ ascended into heaven how many days after his “passion”? Acts 1:3

2. Where are theses verses found (book/chapter)?
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
3. What was the name of Naomi's grandson? Ruth 4

4. What was the name of his grandson? Ruth 4

5. Who is speaking?
And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
6. "And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as ___________, and so we were in their sight." (hint: name of an insect)

7. In Acts 28, Paul shipwrecked, they built fire, what came out of fire? [what is the actual term(s) as found in the Bible?]

8. Who is speaking?
Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great. The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:...
9. In Num. 5, the “spirit of jealousy” could come upon a husband that suspected his wife to be guilty of adultery. He was to take her to priest (with an offering), and she would drink the “bitter water that causeth the curse.” This drink was made of “holy water” and one other element. What was mixed into the holy water to make this mysterious drink?
Matt 1:21-23 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
10. Who is the prophet Matthew is quoting?

11. Who is speaking?
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.
12. What people were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so”?

13. Prov. 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up __________ .

14. Jesus Christ is called the “Lion of the tribe of ____________.”

15. What did Enoch name his firstborn son?

16. "And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the ______ did swim. Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it."

17. Where is this verse found?
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

18-19. In Proverbs, The fear of the LORD is the beginning of (what two things??) .

20. Which New Testament writer repeatedly refers to his recipients as “little children?”

Hope you nailed it!

I won't bother posting the answers. I doubt you'll have any trouble finding them should you need to do so.