Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:17 AM

Default Why isn't the Second day of Creation said to be good?

Genesis 1:3-10 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.. . . Genesis 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Why doesn't God say that that which was created on the second day was good?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 PM

Job_15:15, Behold, he putteth no trust in his saints; yea, the heavens are not clean in his sight.

This is one reason both the Roman catholics and NASA throw out the Bible.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 PM

Chette, verse 31 covers everything.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:43 PM

Interesting question. Good answer by Brother Tim.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-14-2008, 06:40 PM

No, Vs 31 one is a general statement that could be speaking of the completed 6 days as a whole. but specifically the creation spoken of each day is said to be good except the second day. again vs 31 it could be speaking of the whole of the six days of creation or it could be speaking about just the things created upon the earth inside the firmament. but the second day's placing of a firmament was not concidered good the day it was made.

Why is the placement firmament not good? By the way this firmament did not exist between the earth and the heaven in vs one.

We know God is everywhere. those in Revelation are said never to be in darkness for God is their light. if God's creation was true to his nature then all of the heaven should be filled with his light. why the need to call for light is God is light?

Where then did the darkness of verse 2 come from? this is the same darknes we see at night today.

And why does the waters below and above need to be separated? generally you want to separate your pure water from polluted water.

Which separated part is God calling the Heaven? that which is above? or that which is below?

Vs 1 God is said to have created the earth. this is not the dry land of vs 10. as the first reference is to a large stellar body the second is of land mas on a stellar body.

Paul tells us the there are three heavens with no apology. the first the atmosphere or sky where the birds fly vs 20, the second the area where the moon, stars and the greater light called the sun are hung Vs 17 (here take note God set them IN the firmament which puts God where?).

the third heaven is where? it will be full of light. if the third heaven is a spiritual place then there is no need for a division between it and the physical earth.

EasyE, good answer, you are on track. Take note on the verse in Job it speaks of heavens (plural) not heaven (singular) in this verse God declares there are heavens that are not clean in his sight. wonder where they are above the firmament or below the firmament?

Last edited by chette777; 09-14-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:16 PM

just for clarification.

The light was not created or made in verse 3, this tells us this light God calls for existed before the darkness John 5:1a may give us a clue to this light that is called for and not created. that light is not the same as the lights later created in vs 16.

When God calls for light, the light is coming from one direction. one side of the earth is lit while the other is still in darkness. hence night and day. later he places two lights to continue the night and day process once his light is removed.

interesting as you pull all the pieces of the Bible together you can see the Godhead in creation.

Not only that but things that are not revealed as being created during this time we are told in the New Teastament, Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (you will notice the singular heaven here)

from this we know, not everything that was created was recorded in Genesis chapter one. some things that were created were done some time before Genesis Vs 2

Last edited by chette777; 09-14-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:57 PM

Isaiah 34:4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

Perhaps this can shed light on this.

I will say that I didn't just disregard your (Chette's) question when I read what brother tim wrote. Nothing in Scripture is there by accident, and I think this is one particular instance where there is something to be gain by understanding this peculiarity.

By the way, Isaiah 34 is interesting in light of

Revelation 6:12-17 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

I also wonder if this has anything to do with Isaiah 63. I am such a prophesy noob so bare with me.

Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

then

Isaiah 63:1-4 Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

Man I'm all over the place here. Forgive me. I guess I'm just wondering if this is all the same thing. Are these passages all speaking about the day of His vengeance? Is this the great and dreadful day of the Lord? Shall this also be when the moon turns to the color of blood and the heavens roll back as a scroll?

Someone have a noob tshirt?

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 09-15-2008, 05:13 AM

One of the reasons I posted this set of questions was to get the Gap and no Gap people answering some questions in light of Genesis one context, and the sound mind we are given us in Christ Jesus.

it is easy to just say. "I believe just what's written" then ignore what is written. dividing Genesis Chapter One rightly is a very tasking endeavor. and it is quite revealing as to what went on before the 6 days creation senario. Vs one is not a general statement that God created then moves on to give details of that creation. Actually verses 2 through to the end are general with details and chapter two goes into more detailed info of the six days of creation.

Verse one hides in it a mystery but it is partially revealed in other places of scripture if we divide and ask the questions. i.e. the collossians 1:16, Isaiah 14:12-14, Job 15 and other chapters where Gods' creations are mentioned.

one thing I have always seen was the earth was created for a higher purpose than just to work out the sin problem for mankind, and to destroy Satan and the devils. and that purpose goes back before Genesis 1:2
Old 09-15-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
j

from this we know, not everything that was created was recorded in Genesis chapter one. some things that were created were done some time before Genesis Vs 2
Amen, Bro. Chette!

If we rely on Genesis 1 alone and disregard or refuse to consider other Scriptures, I wonder when did God create angels, cherubims, seraphims, the 24 elders (I assume that these 24 elders are not ordinary human beings and were there around the throne since time immemorial), horses of fire, etc.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:46 PM

I beleive dinosaurs were reptiles that at the time of Adam lived longer life spans as did man at that time. then they were all destroyed in the flood.

Radio-carbon dating is not a reliable as scientist would have us believe. once a fossel is exposed to the air the carbon levels increase, if the sceintist smokes it makes it even higher count giving outrageous dates, any camp fires near the site would also affect the carbon levels

but let's get back to the questions at hand. in post #5 and lets see if we can find an answer to the firmament.

you see many think the firmament is the atmoshere. but it is a type of firmament in it all the animals and birds are places. then there is the firmament where the Sun, Moon and stars are placed. this acounts for two heavens. where is the thrid? the third is accessable by spirits and souls, and it i a physical place as well.

and why is the firmament not said to be good. (though it has a purpose that is good it was not thought of by God to be a good thing on the day it was created.