Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post

Brother Brandon - I don't think that giving a very general time period of "Fall of 2011" is preaching a DATE. The Lord said we will not know the HOUR or DAY. He didn't say we will not know the SEASON or YEAR. I don't see anything wrong with knowing the SEASONS and being READY. We can't just close our eyes and not see all that is happening around us and say, "NAH! He's not coming now!" The truth is we don't know! But the Lord did tell us that we could have an INDICATION of when these things might occur.
Who is saying "he's not coming now?" Not me -- the person you are replying to. I said I believe the coming of Christ is imminent. Who is this person who is saying he can't come back before the 2011? Who dares limit Christ in that way?

I understand your point, but you are being highly technical by saying we can put a year on the return because Scripture only says we can't put a "day" or "hour" on it.

Look at it this way: by 2011, there will have been over 1900 years since the Lord was working his earthly ministry. That's over 7,600 "seasons." I don't think anybody should be nailing down a particular "season" just because he can "get away" with not saying what day during the season.

If 2012 comes without the return of Christ, what will you do with the false prophets that said he would return in 2011?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-18-2009, 05:53 PM

Camping is a mess and date setting is a pernicious error. Nothing good has ever come of it, only shipwrecked faith and "christian" cults like SDA, etc. It should be avoided like the plague.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:16 PM

to clarify my position. I am not saying he is tied down to any date I have reckoned. he could come tomorrow, or 1000 years from now.

it is always fun to speculate with scripture of course.

here is mine Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. speaking of the Tribulation.

From a certain time (70AD) up unto 1948 Israel was not a nation. in 1948 Israel was back in the land. Jesus says generation that could be, 30, 70 or 100 years. 30 is already past. 70 will be in 2018, minus 7 years for the tribulation 2011.

But we do not put our trust in this. But actually in God's perfect time he will return.

Another interesting is current events and scripture. For example Gore is pushing global governance for climate control, and at the G8 summit those countries all agree not to let the global temperature rise more than 2 degrees Celsius. One it is humanly impossible for them to even think such.

But what greater joy would God have than to mess up there grand and glorious plan with these verses that happens during the Great Tribulation, Rev 16:8, 9 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

These two verses go right against their climate pact they made just this last week. obvious great heat is a lot hotter than 2 degrees Celsius.

we are to watch and be ready not to be caught off guard.

1Thess 5:1-10 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

It is fun to speculate, but we must remember our duty to tell others of Christ. Because the time is short (life in general) I have a burden for men. I was witnessing yesterday to an American in the Hospital here. When I mentioned the name of Jesus Christ, he became very angry almost violent saying things he heard but not truth. I calmly tried to continue but he was hard as a rock. He said he hates that name. what a shame I will see him again and we will see if I can squeeze in a little more witness for Jesus Christ.

Last edited by chette777; 07-18-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:54 PM

Hi, Chette. I didn't think you were a date setter but I would never condone even speculating about one because a lot of christians might get the wrong idea. Harold Camping is a liar and a deceiver, setting dates and calling Jesus a liar, spiritualizing away the plain meaning of scripture, he has a lot to answer for. I'm a prophesy buff, always have been, previously to the exclusion of weightier matters like spreading the gospel. This climate change thing is not about controlling the earth's temperature but about controlling people through onerous tax burden and supra-national organization leading the way to one world government. OWG sets the stage for the rise of the anti-christ. I would love to see a prophecy thread.

Jen
Old 07-18-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Camping is a mess...
I agree!
Give me a nice clean, cheap motel anytime. Camping is for raccoons.

Sorry, couldn't hep it.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:01 PM

As long as there's an outlet for my blowdryer then I am happy.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:25 PM

Just remember, this means I get to inject humor into your next rant, if I can come up with something funny.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
What reason does he give for his belief it will be in 2011?
See http://www.timehasanend.org/public/thae_ch10.html

AMR
Old 07-19-2009, 01:38 AM

actually Jen,

I never set a date. I really just added numbers and subtracted numbers according to our current time table Calender.

However I don't tell people this is a for sure event. so many times people do that and God proves them wrong. I know God could prove it wrong.

But if it were that close and you knew it what would you do? Sell you house? give all your possessions away?

I know I wouldn't. that is what the early church did and many ended up poor and destitute. Paul was commissioned to bring them money so they could survive.

No, live each day as if he will come and reach out to others with the word of God. Keep to your responsibilities of family like he wont return for 1000 years.

Actually I am not a date setter. Like I said it is amusing and speculative. Others use numbers to speculate or see great things in numbers God uses. this is no different.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Just remember, this means I get to inject humor into your next rant,
I do not "rant", I am a gentleman.