Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:39 AM

Brother George,

I couldn't agree more. I did not elaborate much and as I hinted at there are times when I would choose to disobey i.e. making talking preaching or Sharing Christ illegal. when running my organization though I am best to follow the law and pay my taxes the way they say it should be done.

In the case of home schooling you were correct to obey God rather than men and in that I fully agree. God gives us the responsibility to raise our kids and when the admonition of the Lord is not taught in school then we are responsible to educate the way God wants.

I am not passing judgement on any man they ultimately will stand responsible for what so ever they do in this body whether good or bad. but the movement is growing today towards a full rebellion of which we would do best to stay out. for the Antichrist's kingdom must be established and we will be removed before that comes to a full reality.

I would admonish every Christian as much as it lieth in them to live peaceably with all men and that would include our higher Authority. while I understand that the issue of Obedience is one of shades we still have Gods word to guide us and to lead us. We should check it with the word of God. if it lines up obey if it doesn't they we must make a choice to do what is right. Our Obedience to God is above that of man. but we better be certain or we may find ourselves fighting against God's clear will.

Thanks for the comments.

Winman,

Once I give unto Caesar what is his (the US Govt what is theirs) I am not held responsible for what they do with it. I am held responsible with the money I bring home and how I use it. While I don't agree with abortion, gay rights or the like I must live with it until I am able to get the laws changed. but so far we have been unable to get the change of what we want. Christians are a minority when it comes to secular humanism the new religion of the Government, and we are loosing the laws of the land to this new religion. it is a sign of the times of the great falling away.

while we have the freedom to speak out we have the right to say what needs to be said so that others can be informed. But when it comes to how I withhold my employees taxes and when I need to submit those holdings that is an entirely different matter and I must follow the ordinance of man when it come to Taxes in my country.

I am advocating that we must as much as possible as long as it doesn't conflict with God law obey. We need to be careful about getting mixed up in these rebellion groups and stick to what the word of God is clear on.

Last edited by chette777; 03-22-2009 at 03:51 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-22-2009, 05:11 PM

George

Excellent post. I salute you for being a pioneer of home schooling, I did not know that. My kids were home schooled for several years (all grown now).

And Chette, I am in agreement with you, I do not think Christians should be rebels or lawless whatsoever, I am not advocating that at all. But as George pointed out, there are times when "the law" of the land clashes with Christian belief. In instances like this I think a Christian has to obey God, not man. So, the point I was trying to make is that you cannot just make a blanket doctrine saying Christians must always obey the laws of the land.

As for taxpayer funded abortion, I do feel we have a right to say how our taxes are used. One of the most famous quotations in American history is "No taxation without representation". That phrase originated with the Reverend Jonathan Mayhew a Unitarian minister. Now, I don't agree with Mayhew's beliefs, but he was right about taxes. We are supposed to be a country "Of the people, by the people, and for the people". As Bro. Parrish pointed out, the government is supposed to be the servant of the people. So, the people should have a say in how their tax money is spent. I and many millions of other Americans do not believe taxes should be used to fund abortion.

So, as George pointed out, our form of government is different from many. We not only have the right to speak out against government when it is wrong, it is our duty.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:18 PM

that is why I pointed out that the taxation is with representation just not Christian representation but secular. I do draw a line. but all in all as much a possible we should maintain good works in obeying the law of our Higher Power so that in the end they have nothing to accuse us of and they will praise us for the good we do.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:12 PM

Default submitting ourselves one to another

Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

What does it mean to submit ourselves one to another? I know by nature I would rather have everyone submitted to me. But as a Christian who desires God will I often wondered all that God means by this. If we are all God fearing men and women believing the Bible as our final authority this verse has plenty of application and as it seems very seldom practiced amongst the brethren today.

Supporting verses would include all listed below and of course their surrounding verses make for great understanding of submission and subjection unto man and God.

1Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

1Peter 2:18 Servants, [be] subject to [your] masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

1 Corinthians 16:16 That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with us, and laboureth.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Both Peter and Paul use Subject. The term Subject is found only 17 times in Scriptures and it is found only in the N.T. It is used 9 times by Paul, three times by Peter and Luke once by the writer of Hebrews and once by James. The word Submit is found 12 times in Scriptures 5 times in the OT 7 times in the NT. Three possibly 4 times it is used by Paul if he is the writer of Hebrews.

The first uses determines well the meaning Genesis 16:9 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands. It is a humbling or lowering of ones self to another’s authority.

Wives are to humble themselves to their Husbands but the verse before Eph 5:22 says submit yourselves one to another. This puts a clear picture that at times a Husband should be submissive to his wife’s suggestions. Of which I am sure many of us have no argument with that. Often our godly wives can have some good advice that we should follow

The good portion of the remaining of the verses deal with submitting to a leader of a church grouping or a local assembly. Which makes for church elders and Pastors. As to how Christians should carry themselves and for civil actions. And while we have no more slave owners and servants. We do have employee and employer. An Employee should be subject or submit to his employer as it is his business and his operation. It would not be good if every employee did his job the way he wanted instead of the way his employer wanted.

Then there is the Eph 5:21 and 1 Peter 5:5 submitting yourselves one to another and being subject one to another. This is left without to much clarity but it would seem that there is to be a little humbling or submission to each other as well. Hearing a brother out if he chooses to correct what he may deem an error of walk or practice or understanding in another’s life. And not judging him for his willingness to help a brother who may be in error. Of course it should be done in humility and lowliness of mind. Especially if you don’t want to fail in the same thing you think you see your brother failing in.

Often it is that we are quick to see arrogance and pride in another’s written words without giving the benefit of a doubt that we ourselves are interpreting what is said with our own arrogance and pride. Before responding to our brothers written words we must be sure we are not understanding it incorrectly. James 1:19 “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath” Another view of this would be swift to judge ourselves and slow to judge others.

Recently while reading a post written to someone else from someone else, I learned a great deal in personal knowledge verse unwillingness to obey and believe God’s clear word. It took humbling not exalting, it too submitting to the words of a Brother not judging him or the other, but judging myself. This is true submitting and true subjection to one another even when the other did not know I was submitting or allowing myself to be subject to their words. It wasn’t written to me and yet I was able to see it as if it were and judge where I fall in the points being laid out. It was humbling to say the least.

Today’s Christians are well educated, well fed emotionally and have very strong personalities. This combination often makes the worse kind of Christians Character as it tends to breed pride and self will (iniquity) that includes all sorts of self interests above that of another. Today we are faced with Christians who would rather fight than switch (as the old TV commercial went) for me to fight against that which God is trying to change is the worse kind of iniquity. That is why I will as much as possible as it lieth with me to judge myself daily, to look as situations not as the other man needs to see it but what can I learn from it. That is submission to God and to others.

When Christian men begin to fight the battle of words and neither is willing to submit to the other we have immaturity and lack of love prevailing. But as one subjects him self to Gods word and to the word of a Mature brother then he will begin to learn more of himself. Being subject may also be understood as making ones self accountable to each other for our actions. That is as much as it is beneficial to oneself. The movement today to have accountability seems to go beyond what God wanted and leads to a leader laity subjection and not the other way around. The verses do say submitting yourselves one to another and being subject one to another. Not be subject to me because I am the leader and you are the laity or I am smarter and you are not or I am more mature than you. Being subject and submitting to each other is a spiritual quality and in so doing create maturity.

We need to learn more of how to be submitted to each other and subject to each other. I don’t think Paul and Peter would have said such things is it wasn’t needed even today. Though these things can be difficult in applying I do believe it will be of great benefit for all if we would spend our days trying to learn form God word and from him as to what he wants in this area of submitting and subjecting. Then let’s apply what we learn in everyday living and practice.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:15 AM

Default Cultivating the Fear of God

2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

What is the fear of God? Is it a dreadful fear of destruction or just a form of respect. It would seem that both those ideas are to the extremes and both are correct in a sense. Many Christians have not the fear of God mainly because we in our generation have never seen the power of God in a way that is reflected in the Old Testament on behalf of Israel.

Of course we have no need to fear the wrath of God for His wrath was poured out on Christ for all and attributed to those who have believed on him for salvation. But fear of God is still needed if one is to live holy and to sin less in life as we see from 2Corinthians 7:1.

How do we cultivate a healthy fear of God?

One must see God through his word

Daniel 9:4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

Daniel had the fear of God is his life and he cultivated it daily. In his prayer he calls God the great and dreadful God. This is a perfect picture of the fear of God. Daniel has showed this fear since the first chapter when he stated that he did not want to defile himself with the Kings meat and wine.

Also the Psalmist seen god in a way that established a healthy fear of God

Ps 66:3 Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works!

Ps 65:5 By terrible things in righteousness wilt thou answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the sea:

a few verses that might help us to cultivate this fear are

Genesis 28:17 And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! here Jacob became fearful of God because of a dream

Ex 34:10 ¶ And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou [art] shall see the work of the LORD: for it [is] a terrible thing that I will do with thee. God will do mighty works through his children that should put fear into our hearts knowing he did it and not us.

Deut 7:21 Thou shalt not be affrighted at them: for the LORD thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible.

Deut 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward: - God has no respects of persons but he love the humble man and one of a contrite spirit

As a Pastor sometimes I have to confront someone with their sinfulness. I too am confronted of mine by God’s holy word via his Holy Spirit. But the one thing that helps them and I to make the right choices not to sin and be in a right relationship with God is to understand that if we will choose not to give in to our sin and to follow what God will is for us according to His Word. That God has a way to powerfully move on the behalf of his child to answer the prayers and desired of a our heart. Especially in those areas that a Christians is tempted to compromise his life in the world apart from Gods clear word and will.

We have a beautiful young women in her mid twenties, single, very pure, very godly, six months ago she got new job. Over time she began to dress differently and then got involved in a secular game that led to her being offered off for a date to the winner.

At first she didn’t tell us the whole story but God told us (for some of you who are not familiar with the word of knowledge gift for the church it is active today). Anyway, one night the unsaved man drove her home and I saw her with him. So I set up a meeting with her sister and her to talk about the incident and what God’s will was for her and this man. At the end of the meeting she agreed to call off the relationship because she would be unequally yoked with a non believer and outside the will of God.

A few weeks later it was discovered she still was seeing the man. I explained again that this was not God will for her. And that I understood this was the first time a man paid such endearing attention to her and any young woman who is normal desires this, a husband and a family, and all of which she wants.

I told her she was wrong in her way of going about it. But if she would accept the truth of God word and cut off the relationship with this man, and even consider how her job has hindered her walk with God and make a choice to quit and look for employment elsewhere.

I said, “tell God that you have decided to give your employment choice and the choice for the man in her life over to his control and to confess you got in your flesh and tried to meet these things on your own.”

I reminded her if you make the right choice to serve the Lord in your life for this, God will be able to move mountains to get her a good Christian man for her and gainful employment. Not because she was good, righteous or perfect. But because God would honor her choice to be right with him in this area of her life.

When we see what God wants in our life and know his will by the word of God and we step out in faith to do God’s will in our lives God is able to do terrible, mighty works for his children to bring about the best in our lives. When we decide to do the Biblically right thing and make the right Biblical choice it shows are full respect and fear of God. Not necessarily in the sight of men but before God. Just like Joseph, David and Daniel. We should say, “I fear God”. I know by personal experience that when I choose to have this reverential fear of God and allow him control God will move on my behalf.

Developing a healthy fear of God is essential for the child of God to see miracles and answered prayers in ones life. Fear of God is not a thing between you and others, though they may see it. It is a relationship between you and God. It is a heart issue that He honors in the life of his Children.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:56 PM

More Keys on Living the Christian Life

Learning from the vineyard. Remember the function of a branch? The branch does nothing except abide in the vine and yield fruit.
“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing” (John 15:5).
When the Lord spoke to my heart and opened my eyes of understanding regarding the relationship the branch has with the vine, I took a big sigh of relief. The heavy weight of trying to live the Christian life was lifted and sweet abiding rest took its place. I realized for the first time in my Christian life that it’s not my responsibility to produce fruit. “Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

The Bible does not teach we “will” do nothing, it teaches we “can” do nothing. There is an important difference between these two little words. Don’t miss this.

When we observe a branch during its season of growth we do not see inactivity. The branch is not barren. There’s fruit. There seems to be a lot going on in that little branches life, doesn’t there? But after some thought, we fully understand that apart from abiding in the vine the branch can do nothing. By abiding in the vine, however, the branch is alive, active, and productive. We know where the branch gets its life. And we know if the branch is not connected to the vine there’s simply no life.

Similarly, genuine Christian fruit only comes from the True Vine. The Christian life is Christ living His life in me.
“…He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father” (John 14:12).
Jesus Christ will do many works through each of our lives; we simply need to deny the self life and by faith allow Him to live His life through us. There is no need for us to plan our work and work our plan when it comes to living the daily Christian life. Jesus will orchestrate and direct our paths. He will plan our steps and give both the desire and the will to do His good pleasure. It’s His plan and His work—not ours.

This does not mean we will constantly walk in faith and obedience to His perfect will but we can be absolutely assured that Jesus is always faithful to guide us. As a shepherd leads his sheep, so the Good Shepherd guides us (John 10). He leads us in the paths of righteousness (Psalm 23:3). The Lord Jesus Christ is best at directing our life.

I know who He is speaking to in Matthew 11, but there is certainly an admonition for us? Jesus calls,
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28–30).
This freeing invitation is given to each and every believer. Perhaps, like me, you have tried everything else: all of the programs, all of the plans, and all the methods and the procedures. Now, Jesus invites us to simply do this one thing; come to Him. Furthermore, notice that the Lord Jesus does not say we should take no yoke, but rather, He invites us to take His yoke. “Take my yoke upon you.” The yoke was placed around the neck and shoulders of an ox so it could pull a plow or a wagon loaded with freight or cargo. In our case, the yoke symbolizes Christian responsibility. We should not shun our responsibilities as Christians because there are certainly things to do. But observe that the yoke of responsibility is Christ Himself. "My yoke." Do the things He leads you to do. His yoke is “easy” and His burden is “light” because He carries the load or weight of living the genuine Christian life. What He calls us to do; He certainly equips us to do. Jesus empowers us to live the Christian life. Finally, Jesus invites us to specifically learn of Him. We have learned various methods and techniques on how to best live the Christian life. We have expanded our Biblical knowledge. But now, with loving and gentle finality, the Great Teacher invites us to simply learn of Him.

Have you entered into His rest? Or do you strive and labor to accomplish the work of the Lord?
“For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief” (Hebrews 4:10–11).
We are invited to come to Jesus by faith, take His yoke, learn of Him, and find rest in the midst of necessary labor. Believer, Christ is not only the beginning of our salvation (saved from Hell), and He is not just the end of our salvation (saved to Heaven), but He is the totality of salvation. He is everything in between our spiritual birth and physical death.

Often we become so consumed with both secular and spiritual activities that we end up slowly drifting from the person of the Christian life. I am certainly not suggesting we live a life of idleness and inactivity. But when Jesus Christ directs us into a particular ministry path, He should remain our passion and focus. Even in the course of normal daily life, Jesus Christ should dwell in our minds and consume our thoughts.

This is a key doctrine for living the Christian life. Let Christ live His life through you, dear CHRISTian.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 PM

thanks for your addition Forrest.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:57 PM

More Doctrine on Christian Living

After we receive Christ, I guess most of us develop the mindset that it’s time to go to work and begin doing our part. We reason, “God has done His part by giving me eternal life, now I need to do my part by living out the duties of the Christian life.” We believe that it’s our God-given responsibility (with His help, of course) to fill in the gap between spiritual rebirth and heaven.

This sounds normal, but is it really the way to live a productive Christian life? The passage most people use for supporting the idea of “my part/God’s part theology” is Philippians 2:12–13. Take another look at these two verses.

My part: “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” (Philippians 2:12).

The scripture is clear; we are supposed to be doing something. For further emphasis, some have noted that the words work out denote a command. It’s not a suggestion. We are commanded to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Furthermore, work out conveys the idea of continual and ongoing action. There should be no confusion regarding the facts; we are commanded to keep on working out our salvation with fear and trembling. That seems to be clear in this verse.

God’s part: The very next verse says, “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13).

God is the doer or performer of the action in this particular verse. It is God who performs the action of giving both the “will” and the “power” to do His good pleasure. God continues working in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure but at the same time we are told to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Which is it?

With these descriptive words, it is understandable why many Christians ascribe to the “my part/God’s part theology.” Let us reason together for a moment.
  • Does God work in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure?
  • Does He give you the desire to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling?
  • By giving you the power or ability to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, does He thus provide the means and method to obey Him?

The obvious answer to each question is yes. I am not suggesting the Christian life never involves any action on your part. But Holy Scripture teaches us that it is God who not only works within our hearts the will to do what is right, but He also equips us with the strength and the ability to do what is right. I can take no credit for doing my part.

Be honest then. Does the Christian life actually break down to my part and God’s part, or is it really all God? Again, in John 15:5, Jesus is not saying we will or should do nothing without Him, He is saying we can do nothing without Him.
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
We will work out our own salvation with fear and trembling as we abide in Christ. Abiding in Christ is the “how to” of verse twelve. In order to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling; let us simply abide in Christ. Take your marching orders directly from the Good Shepherd. Jesus promises that we will bear fruit, more fruit, and even much fruit as we abide in Him.

Perhaps you are asking: if this is true, why don’t we always perform the good works of the Christian life? If God has given us a new life and has equipped us with the power to live the Christian life through Christ, why do we still commit sins?

That’s a legitimate and disturbing concern for each of us who desire to follow Christ. It’s simply because our corrupt mortality continues to battle against the Spirit. There is a very real and present experience of spiritual warfare in our lives. I do not need to convince you of this stark reality because you live with it each day. I reiterate what the word of God teaches. The believer is positionally perfect. As a believer, you cannot be washed in the blood any more than you already are. The blood of Jesus Christ is continually cleansing you and presenting you acceptable to God. You are justified based solely on the completed work of Jesus Christ. Jesus came “in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight” (Colossians 1:22).

If you are like most Christians you’re probably more interested in the operational or experiential aspect of living the daily Christian life. If I am presented “holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight,” why do I still commit sins? Why don’t I live a holy, unblameable, and unreproveable lifestyle?

I guess all of us understand that we have not yet received our ultimate and final condition of sanctification; the final and literal transformation into a glorified condition when the presence of sin will be gone forever.
“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality” (1 Corinthians 15:52–53).
This is why we are admonished in scripture to actively lay aside, mortify, put off, abstain, yield, flee, walk, trust, believe, reckon, awake out of sleep, cast off the works of darkness, put on the armor of light, and be holy in our present mortal state.

We apply each of these Biblical realities, truths, and exhortations through the instrument of faith. We cease from our own labor when we enter into the Lord’s rest by placing faith in the completed and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

We can strive to do our very best, but our very best is never righteous. “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags…” (Isaiah 64:6). Filthy rags refers to the cloth covering a wound oozing with infected secretions. Thankfully, our righteous standing before God is never conditional to our righteousnesses; it is conditional to the righteousness of Jesus Christ.
“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Don’t you agree that it’s time for each of us to get away from the focus of “my part/God’s part theology” and begin resting in the complete and absolute sufficiency of Christ by faith? It’s time we all started abiding in Christ and yielding the fruit He desires to bring forth in our lives. It’s time to be a Christian who is directed by Christ! It's His work in me, not my works for Him!
Old 04-22-2009, 04:44 PM

More Doctrine on Christian Living

A dog returns to its vomit...
“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:” (Galatians 1:6).
There is a driving force and human desire in most of us to attempt to somehow measure up to the high standards of a righteous God. If we live a certain way, think a certain way, speak a certain way, look a certain way, do well to others (most of the time), and avoid the most “severe” sins in life, we will probably find favor with God, right? WRONG!

People live as if they can somehow please or satisfy a perfect, holy, infallible, all-powerful, all-knowing, and eternal God when deep down inside they know they cannot. It’s human nature to strive, work, labor, and try to satisfy God with good behavior. But since God requires absolute and total PERFECTION…we’ve got a real problem.
“Be ye therefore perfect, EVEN AS your Father which is in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48).

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in ONE point, he is guilty of ALL” (James 2:10).
I’m guilty! Since it’s not possible to measure up to the high and holy standards of God, we must come to Him in childlike faith fully through Jesus Christ for forgiveness, reconciliation, justification, atonement, redemption, and eternal life. He ALONE satisfied the holy and just demands of a righteous God toward sin when He died on a cross, was buried, rose again on the third day, and ascended to the Heavens where He is seated at the right hand of the Father in final authority and all power. We must acknowledge:
John 14:6. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
We must simply receive Him in faith. We all know this basic doctrine of Christian living. What is different now, believer? Are you trying instead of trusting? Are you laboring instead of resting? We walk in Christ the same way we received Him…by faith, trust, dependence, and helplessness.
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving” (Colossians 2:6-7).
Have you left the true Gospel of forgiveness, reconciliation, justification, atonement, redemption, and eternal life through CHRIST for the defeat, labor, striving, bondage, and condemnation of a legalistic system of lofty standards in an attempt to earn God's favor? “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel.” Come back to CHRIST ALONE and start living the genuine Christian life!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:16 AM

Forrest,

I have found what you shared in post #29 to be so true.

most do not fully understand that our lives have to be lived by faith in him and this includes our daily walk. Many seem to think living by faith simply implies that we trust him to supply our monetary and daily needs.

But what greater need does man need than a God who supplies the only constant benefit for a daily life of Holiness The Holy Spirit of God. Romans 8 teaches us of this indwelling spirit and its power in us for our daily life of faith for holiness.

Amen Brother Forrest. a great post. I am working on another post for Christians living and hope to have it posted soon

Keep up the good walk and work.