Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2008, 09:12 PM

Guys,

Quote:
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Here is my problem with how some of you understand this verse.

1. God never formed any other person from dirt, not even Eve. She was made from Adam

2. God never breathed any one's nostrils other than Adam's.

3. We are made in Adam's fallen image.

4. All of our attributes came from Adam. Our body, soul and spirit also came from Adam. This is we must be reborn. We are born with Adam's spirit not God's spirit.

5. God did not make us literally, our mom and dad did this.

I think anyone that thinks you must breath open to be alive is 100% incorrect. The Bible dose not teach this.

Babies use oxygen, their mothers oxygen from the mothers blood. I do not see how anyone can believe you must breath open air to be alive. This is just crazy. A person breathing open air did not even make Adam a living soul, nor dose this verse make this claim. I do not see how using oxygen inside or outside of the womb can make you a living soul.

I do not think you can use Adam coming to life and use it to base our coming to life. There are so my differences in how we are made and how Adam was made. God also made the first dog, but he did not make the dog in your back yard.

Atlas