Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Lively Stone

Bro. Brandon

Quote:
You seem to make statements designed specifically to put me on the defensive. Here you've alluded to my forum handle (Diligent) and then imply it has something to do with modern versions. I know the verse and the modern corruption of it to which you refer, but my KJV has the word "diligent" in 14 verses.

Excuse me. Are we getting paranoid now? I really like to use proper names when addressing a brother or sister in the Lord.
When did I ever call you Dilligent. I always called you respectfully Bro. Brandon. Now I can't use dictionary words without repercussion. I didn't know that you would be so sensitive and defensive about every word I say.

Quote:
Perhaps that was your first problem -- you viewed me as attacking your work, when I was doing nothing of the sort.
Well lets see now. You didn't read the material and see it in its proper context and started making statements and quotes that had nothing to do with my thesis or what I said. I believe any rational person would call that an attack whether deliberate or otherwise. Sorry, brother if I say things that bother you but I will defend myself and my position.

Quote:
But don't lace your encouragement with such vitriol.
I don't believe that what I said at all rises to the occasion of your statement that you accuse me of. Pehaps you are being a jackpudding about this whole matter.

Bro. Danny
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lively Stone View Post
Now I can't use dictionary words without repercussion. I didn't know that you would be so sensitive and defensive about every word I say.
My mistake then, I read something you didn't put there.

Quote:
Well lets see now. You didn't read the material and see it in its proper context and started making statements and quotes that had nothing to do with my thesis or what I said. I believe any rational person would call that an attack whether deliberate or otherwise. Sorry, brother if I say things that bother you but I will defend myself and my position.
If I was "bothered" I'd have stopped responding a dozen posts back.

I believe the verses I have quoted directly apply to understanding what is meant by the "god of this world." That's why I quoted them. If I may add something without rehashing what has already been said: Your argument about who the "god of this world" is appears to be based on who you think has certain powers -- at least I thought that is why you asked me to show you with scripture who can blind eyes besides God. My position is simply that we can know who is spoken of in 2Co 4:4 by looking at other verses that teach the same precept about those who reject the truth, such as Eph 2:2,3; Lu 8:12; Mt 13:19, etc -- these verses are teaching the same precept, and therefor shed light on who is meant by "god of this world." I did not raise those verses up as a distraction. For me they shed abundant light on the matter.

And I have nothing else to say on the subject. Any reply you make will be the last word.

Quote:
jackpudding
Heh -- I had to look that one up.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Lively Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
My mistake then, I read something you didn't put there.

If I was "bothered" I'd have stopped responding a dozen posts back.

I believe the verses I have quoted directly apply to understanding what is meant by the "god of this world." That's why I quoted them. If I may add something without rehashing what has already been said: Your argument about who the "god of this world" is appears to be based on who you think has certain powers -- at least I thought that is why you asked me to show you with scripture who can blind eyes besides God. My position is simply that we can know who is spoken of in 2Co 4:4 by looking at other verses that teach the same precept about those who reject the truth, such as Eph 2:2,3; Lu 8:12; Mt 13:19, etc -- these verses are teaching the same precept, and therefor shed light on who is meant by "god of this world." I did not raise those verses up as a distraction. For me they shed abundant light on the matter.

And I have nothing else to say on the subject. Any reply you make will be the last word.

Heh -- I had to look that one up.

Bro. Brandon:

I would really appreciate if you would read the thesis. Pray and analyze what was reseached dilligently (no disrespect implied or intended) by myself and others. At one point in the last 12 years I consulted a college Koine Greek professor for an opinion on certain words. I did not just throw this thesis together on the spare of the moment. You are really quite a likeable brother and I can see that you have done you homework by studying Gods Word. Also I am a King James only Christian except I will accept some previous translantions prior to the KJV otherwise God would not have preserved His word, and God cannot lie. I believe that the KJB is the only Bible we can trust. My thesis is based on a man made mistake that was not in the original 1611 version. What I would like to do Bro. Brandon if you are agreeable is for us to have a private discussion by private e-mail, even perhaps by phone on occasion. I have a feeling we will become great friends even if you never agree with my thesis. God occasionally will impart knowlege to an individual and it may not be recieved. That is why their is such division in the church and a church on every corner.

I repent right now in the name of Jesus if I have offended or caused you undo grief. That was not my intent. I don't think I did because you seem to be a very mature Christian brother. My intent was to share a great pearl of Gods wisdom. I would hope that you will be agreeable to such a discussion to be conducted with the utmost of Christian love and respect.

Yes jackpudding is a rare word. I was just showing off. God forgive me.

Thank you for giving me the last word. You are a gentleman.

I love you in the Lord.

Bro. Danny
Old 02-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Bro. Brandon,
Thanks so much for your work here. Thanks for standing for the truth!
Tim
Old 02-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
I don't really see the problem in acknowledging that Satan is the "god of this world," since it is said in the Bible, and Christ himself said his kingdom was not of this world. Also, by claiming Satan's temptation was empty, isn't that saying it wasn't a temptation?

Just looking around me, it would seem that prophecy of Christ's kingdom on earth is not yet fulfilled.
Amen. Praise the Lord, Satan's time is short!

Quote:
Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:07 PM
LIVNBYFAITH

I just have one question after reading all the replies to the original question. Can you not look around the world today,and see who is truly the god of this world? I believe God is the God of all things, and is truly the ruler of all, but NOW is the time of free will, and Grace. God still rules over all, and allows things to take place, but with all that is going on today is NOT of God. ie, murder,adultry,child moelesters, these things are not the will of God, satan is the god of this world, the world is of the flesh, and satan plays on this. So back to my question, can you not look around and tell?? or is this just me?
Old 02-16-2008, 04:10 PM
LIVNBYFAITH

After reading my post I would like to clear up that, "world is of the flesh" as meaning the world is just offering things pleasing to the flesh. Not pleasing to God.