General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Once again, thanks, Jerry.
On a slightly different topic, I was pondering "Is night evil?" In man's eyes, the night is seen as evil, because that's when the "more evil" things are committed usually (rape, murder, grand theft, etc). However, God made the night, didn't He? It's not the darkness OF NIGHT we fear, it is the sin. Truly, if night is evil, then why did God make the moon and stars so glorious to be seen only at night?

Solomom was so appauled at the evil done "under the sun" (Ecclesiastes), not because he was so surprised at the evil being done, but that people were bold enough to do it without the cover of night. (Is my thinking correct here, jerry?)

And in Song of Solomon 3:8, 'They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night."

Is it, then, the blackness-the void that is evil (if not, what is it?). God created the light and the darkness, calling them day and night, and it was good. So darkness is not evil-God said that it was good.

This is not meant to change the subject, I just wanted to share one of my ponderings (and invite you to criticize my theological logic)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-11-2008, 12:24 AM

I like Peter Ruckman because he tells it like it is and defends the King James Bible. He is not perfect and I think we need to start looking at our sins before we start pointing out what everyone else is wrong about. Ruckman has got me to study my Bible more than any other man on this earth. His dedication to the word of God is an inspiration to me.

A lot of people tend to question Ruckman because of his attitude. It seems they would rather hear lies that are preached with love, than truth that is preached with firmness. I'm sure the people that ignore Ruckman would be just like the people that ignored Paul because of his rude speech.

1 Corinthians 2:4
"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:" KJV

2 Corinthians 3:12
"Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:" KJV

2 Corinthians 10:10
"For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible." KJV

2 Corinthians 11:6
"But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things." KJV

Sure Ruckman uses some words that can be done away with, but does that really take away from the truth that he preaches? People need to realize that Ruckman is not perfect and he is going to sin and say things he shouldn't. He has dealt with cult members, Catholics, Bible correctors and etc all of his life and believe it or not that might be the reason he can be so cranky sometimes. I don't blame him for getting mad at people that mess with the Book. I'm glad there are people like him that stand for God's Word without apology.

God Bless
Old 03-11-2008, 12:54 AM

Is God's original creation "void"? (Gen. 1:1 cf. Job 38:4-7)

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Numbers 30:12 But if her husband hath utterly made them void on the day he heard them; then whatsoever proceeded out of her lips concerning her vows, or concerning the bond of her soul, shall not stand: her husband hath made them void; and the LORD shall forgive her.

Numbers 30:13 Every vow, and every binding oath to afflict the soul, her husband may establish it, or her husband may make it void.

Numbers 30:15 But if he shall any ways make them void after that he hath heard them; then he shall bear her iniquity.

Deuteronomy 32:28 For they are a nation void of counsel, neither is there any understanding in them.

1 Kings 22:10 And the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah sat each on his throne, having put on their robes, in a void place in the entrance of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets prophesied before them.

2 Chronicles 18:9 And the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat king of Judah sat either of them on his throne, clothed in their robes, and they sat in a void place at the entering in of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets prophesied before them.

Psalms 89:39 Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.

Psalms 119:126 It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.

Proverbs 7:7 And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,

Proverbs 10:13 In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.

Proverbs 11:12 He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.

Proverbs 12:11 He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.

Proverbs 17:18 A man void of understanding striketh hands, and becometh surety in the presence of his friend.

Proverbs 24:30 I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Jeremiah 19:7 And I will make void the counsel of Judah and Jerusalem in this place; and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies, and by the hands of them that seek their lives: and their carcases will I give to be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.

Nahum 2:10 She is empty, and void, and waste: and the heart melteth, and the knees smite together, and much pain is in all loins, and the faces of them all gather blackness.

Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.

Or was it "void" in Genesis 1:2 because of judgment?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:02 AM

What did the Holy Spirit do?

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Psalms 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou [B]renewest the face of the earth.

Compare "renewest" with "renewing"/"regeneration" of the believer (Tit 3:5) and of the earth (Mt 19:28).
Compare "renewest" with the command to "replenish" (Gen. 1:28; 9:1).

As the late Dr. Reagan explains, the Holy Spirit's work is described as a "renewing" and a "regeneration".

What did the Holy Spirit "renew" (Ps. 104:30) in Genesis 1:2?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:09 AM

Why "replenish" (Gen.1:26) when it should have been "fill"?
Does "fill" (Gen. 1:22) mean the same as "replenish"?
Why didn't God say "fill" if He means "fill"?
Why did He say "replenish" if He means "fill"?

Answer:
God will say "grave" when He means "grave", and He will say "Hell" if He means "Hell" even if both words came from the same root in Hebrew or Greek.
God will say "church" if He means "church", and He will say "assembly" if He means "assembly" even if both words come from the same root.
God will say "deacon" if He means "deacon", and God will say "servant" if He means "servant" even if both words come from the same root.
God will say "Easter" if He means "Easter", and He will say "passover" if He means "passover" even if both words was translated from the same word.

Just some thoughts
Old 03-11-2008, 05:27 AM
timothy

I'm just getting into Ruckman and I've read only the newsletters that he printed that I've borrowed from my church. I have one of his books, more like a pamphlet concerning the tribulation period, which was a good read. I forgot the title of it though. I am planning on getting a couple of his commentaries in the future Lord willing...
Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 PM
kstsells

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Gap Theories or not. What was going on before God recreated the earth in 6 days? we have liitle or no insight in the Holy Bible. but it had to do from conjuecture with Lucifer building a Throne. I beleive the earth has always been from eternity past. before Sun and Moon. when it ws in the eternity perfection with God it had no darkness about it for the abode of God is in light. and I beleive Lucifer was sent to build a throne on the earth and after he finished or was close to it He tries to take it for himself and exhalt it above the throne of God.

The earth has been in Gods plans before the foundation of all creation. and the earth was always planned to be the place of Christ's Throne. when Lucifer tried to take it and make himself like God. he brought in sin and Darkness when that iniquity of self will was revealed until then he had been perfect. but now he fell and along with him angels that were following him. Angels, Chrubim and Seraphim all had to have their test of free will just like man.

then God created the firmament to contain the darkness and keep it under controll until the time was completed her e on earth. and at its completion all the firmament will be removed and God glorious light shall shine once again on the lowely planet earth

Lucifer became Satan the Fallen angels devils and darkness lay across the face of the earth. god judged Satan and his followers and scattered them abrod in the heavens with in the spreading darkness. and destroyed the throne that Satan built (Ruckman believes it was teh moon. well to each his own) and that caused the void and formless earth that God comes upon in Verse 2 of Genesis.
There are certainly a lot of "I believe"s in this without scripture to back it up. God gave us ALL we need to KNOW in His Word.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:58 PM
kstsells

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac View Post
Many of the "Old Time Fundamentalists" like Larkin say that Satan was cast out of heaven and down to earth in the "dateless past." But again they say that he will be cast out of heaven in the future "Great Tribulation." If that is true, who let him back into heaven so that he must be cast out again?

I find that the Scriptures roughly pinpoint the time that Satan was cast out of heaven.
It was around the time of the AD70 Roman destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.

Revelation 12:
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, NOW IS COME SALVATION, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Salvation didn't come before Christ died on the cross. Nor was the kingdom set up before. And "the power of His Christ" came at the resurrection of Christ (Romans 1:4, KJV).

Matthew 28:
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Jesus said He saw Satan fall like lightening from heaven. But He didn't say when He saw him fall. Jesus may have seen Satan fall in a vision. But the Bible doesn't say.
Does anyone sense preterism here?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:04 PM

that's right he did give all we need to know. his highest idea for man was not Lucifer (a cherib, nor Adam. it is redeemed man. and that is all what the bible is about. once you have your life in Christ you are to have daily victory.

as far as theorizing as to eternity past we don't have any Bible to back it up. God will reveal all when we are in our perfect state in the likeness of Christ. in the mean time have fun. that is what God would want. his word and Holy Spirit (which by the way says, Will lead you into all truth and will teach you all things).

God bless
Old 03-11-2008, 06:09 PM

Or was it "void" in Genesis 1:2 because of judgment?

look at the majority of context of the verses you posted. most voids are a result in something of disobediance, judgement or wrong being done. either wrong practice wrong thinking.

God will answer. but remember ihe is to be all in all. that is a fulness that many don't understand.

to everyone I say this. Have you not experienced God's all in all in your daily walk or are you void of yielding to Him, his presence, guidance, and leading.

what I a=have discovered is we are not right with God in living in the fulness of HIs Holy Spirit. if we were we would not be here on this site waisting our times sharing views and opinions we would really be out there capturing void souls for God through the Holy Spirit.

the more I yield the less I post.

Last edited by chette777; 03-11-2008 at 06:15 PM.